Thread: LG Spectrum 2 VS930 Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

LG Spectrum 2 VS930 Release Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the LG Spectrum 2:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5954

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Samsung Alias II
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered the Spectrum 2 to use on Softbank in Japan. I was told by one of the local VZW store staff that the Spectrum 2 had dual SIMs. It didn't - it just had a microSIM. Softbank won't allow a pre-paid voice-only plan with a microSIM phone, so I just returned the Spectrum 2 got a refund for it.

The phone's screen is slightly longer than the Spectrum, and the batteries are not interchangeable.
    There an extra "button" at the bottom - "Recent Apps", which brings up thumbnails of the recently used apps. (Potential privacy problem, here.) The different placement of the other buttons takes a bit of getting accustomed to.

The Spectrum 2 is has sharp corners and edges, as opposed to the Spectrum, which has rounded corners and beveled edges. The micro USB port is on the left edge about 3/4 the way down. The power button is a squat cylinder with translucent edges which gets illuminated by an internal blue LED. It's especially noticeable at night when the phone is charging.

The GUI is very similar to the Spectrum. Under similar use conditions the Spectrum 2 consumes more power, so runs the battery down nearly twice as fast. It was connected via WiFi most of the time I was using it.

The back of the phone has a textured tough rubbery soft surface, so it won't slip out of a hand as easily, and won't show scuff marks as much, compared to the Spectrum.

The music player has different Dolby sound enhancements selectable and, overall, a much higher bass boost.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I'd go back to that store and talk to the store manager. No Verizon phone has dual SIMs. Whoever said that it did was an idiot.

Device(s)
    Samsung Alias II
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    He also said that voice runs over EV-DO. Sigh!

Device(s)
    Samsung Alias II
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    An intriguing aspect of the Spectrum 2 I didn't try was the NFC. Included were stickers for locations like a car, with the idea that, in the presence of the sticker, the phone would configure for the appropriate locations. Also enabled by the use of the NFC antenna in the back case's removable battery cover was an inductive charger (the charging "stone" is a separate accessory), and, like the Galaxy S III commercial showing two guys touching the backs of their phones together to transfer some data while the Apple fans are lined up outside the Apple Store waiting to buy an iPhone 5, a high-speed data transfer via the NFC module on the Spectrum 2.