Thread: My ZTE Merit is not connecting to 3G

Feedback Score

Red face My ZTE Merit is not connecting to 3G

I just got a replacement phone. My last phone connected to 3G just fine, this one is connecting to wifi only. I would really love to be able to connect to 3G, since wifi is slow and is limited when you're out and about.

Does anyone know how to connect to 3G? net10 has not been helpful with this.

It used to be so nice to be able to connect to the internet no matter where I am, even if there's no open wifi signals

Carrier
    Aio Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Are you in a at&t 3g area? If so go to settings wireless and network and go to network mode make sure it's set to wcdma/gsm if it is select wcdma only. I am not familiar with this specific phone but this should work. Was your previous phone a merit also?

Phones
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    iPod Touch 64gb, Droid Eris (reserve)
    Blackberry Tour (sold), Nokia N85, Nokia 5530, MyTouch 3G (reserve)
    Carriers
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    YOu most probably need to set the APN or Access Point Name settings. You need to find out (google) what AT&T is.

On the phone, you need to go to Settings, and Mobile Networkis, and then Access Point Names, then create a new entry by entering the AT&T settings. Then activate the entry. Or you can go to an AT&T store and have someone do it for you.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    To be clear you mention net10. So I assume you have asked them for help. Google net10 apn settings and it will show up. You will have you drill down to view the settings you need to put in the apn you create. Go to settings, mobile network, access point names, create a new access point. Enter the settings. Save it. Make sure to tap it and make it active. Likely with a green dot next to it.
    I always reboot and then surf. Essentially what drillbit said but using net10 settings.

Feedback Score

My phone

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-of-NC View Post
    Are you in a at&t 3g area? If so go to settings wireless and network and go to network mode make sure it's set to wcdma/gsm if it is select wcdma only. I am not familiar with this specific phone but this should work. Was your previous phone a merit also?
    Yes, I am in an AT&T 3G area. I already did all that. Yes, my last phone was exactly the same.