Thread: New net10

Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

New net10

I had a message on my phone this morning to check out the New Net10 website so I went online and from what I was seeing all their new phones run on the GSM network. The question I have are they doing away with their CDMA stuff? Where we live there is no GSM phone service only CDMA.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I believe the "new" in the new Net10 is the inclusion of family plans -- I can't imagine them jettisoning the CDMA handsets, as they are still needed in certain parts of the country.

Phones
    samsung sway u650, lg 800g
    lg 800g
    samsung sway u650
    Carriers
    verizon Formerly cellular one/dobson R.I.P.
    Feedback Score
    i got a email with this link in it. looks like changing site. not sure what they changed in service.
    http://www.net10wireless.com/#/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nwdolde View Post
    I had a message on my phone this morning to check out the New Net10 website so I went online and from what I was seeing all their new phones run on the GSM network. The question I have are they doing away with their CDMA stuff? Where we live there is no GSM phone service only CDMA.
    I believe you are referring to the "new" http://www.net10wireless.com as opposed to the older http://www.net10.com which still exists.

The new site has CDMA phones which are Sprint- and Verizon-based phones like the LG Optimus , Samsung Proclaim, etc but these are smartphones. Are you referring to lower level CDMA feature phones that can use pay-by-the-minute?

What Net10 phone do you use now?

Phone
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Cricket (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    The only thing "new" besides the logo is the family plans. One of the new pages specifically says they offer both GSM & CDMA phones; if there's more new GSM phones it's probably because their earliest Androids were all CDMA (mostly Sprint).

Phones
    samsung sway u650, lg 800g
    lg 800g
    samsung sway u650
    Carriers
    verizon Formerly cellular one/dobson R.I.P.
    Feedback Score
    what is the difference between the pay as you go and the 30 monthly plan? can you get both in a store or what? think only seen the pay as you go in stores maybe.

Phone
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Cricket (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james42519 View Post
    what is the difference between the pay as you go and the 30 monthly plan? can you get both in a store or what? think only seen the pay as you go in stores maybe.
    Those are unchanged from present Net10; the PAYG options are the regular Net10 airtime cards (minutes + service days like Tracfone proper), while the 30-day section combines the existing monthly card/auto-refill (unlimited or 750 min) and Easy Minutes (200 or 500 min) options. As I said before, only the family plans are new (and they don't have "Buy Now" buttons yet like the others).

Edit: Also, when you look thru the phones they have the same plan restrictions as before--no PAYG or 750-min plans on Androids, only unlimited & family.
    Last edited by RBBrittain; 11-02-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Correct & expand

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Nothing special about the family plans either it is the same price as getting two unlimited plans from ST

Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    Nothing special about the family plans either it is the same price as getting two unlimited plans from ST
    My understanding is that ST (I presume means Straight Talk) doesn't allow roaming whereas Net10 allows you to roam.