Thread: Coverage in Richmond Hill and Markham?

Carrier
    Wind Mobile - Unlimited Wish Plan 40
    Feedback Score

Coverage in Richmond Hill and Markham?

How is coverage in Richmond Hill and Markham?

What about Elgin Mills Drive between Bathurst and McCowan, including HWY 404? Inside the Costco on Elgin Mills? Walmart on Major Mack and Bayview? I am worry about the signals.. like dropped calls, can't get tho, etc etc etc... (its not business purpose.)

I am now trying to compare which carrier is better, Mobilicity and Wind Mobile. If you have opinions on either of them, that would be great for me....

Thanks!

p.s. I am glad i didn't jump to Mobilicity when it offers 30 dollars plan for all plans at that time. For now, it seems like Wind mobile got a better plan than Mobilicity. (I am still stuck with Fido..)

Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    i can answer about Vaughan mills,Bathurst and Elgin Mills Drive between bathurst and bayview and can confirm they have good service in these areas. Also rest of Richmond Hill like hillcrest Mall, Silvercity etc. has no issues, the other areas you marked i do not get to so unfortuantely can not help.
    Instructions for the $55- 5 Gb sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...odo-sk-mb-plan

Latest phones used:Oneplus One,OnePlus One now used by son as well, LG G2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol x, Lg G2 Dropped cracked screen bent motherboard, Nexus 5 sold, Lg G Flex Sold, Nexus 5 wife's , HTC One sold, Nexus 4 LTE sold , LG optimus 4x sold, Samsung Galaxy s4 Daughter's.

Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a wind tower at Elgin Mills and Leslie, so costco there is excellent coverage. I akso drive on Major Mac from 404 to Markham, no issues holding conversation.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using HowardForums

Carrier
    wind
    Feedback Score
    Out of the two, Wind definitely has a better network for Richmond Hill and Markham.
    Full bars inside of Walmart and Costco because they're at busy intersections. Indoor reception in your home, however is a hit or miss. Depends on distance and angle of towers in your neighbourhood.

http://www.loxcel.com/celltower
    You can use the dropdown box to compare the positions Wind/Mobi towers.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everybody~ That's great news to know Wind got good coverage! and Thanks roman1290 for the Link! very helpful...

Feedback Score
    What about reception around Ninth Line/16th Ave area? I know there's a tower at Markville Stoufville Hospital, but was wondering how's the indoor reception there? Thanks!

Phones
    Galaxy Note II
    MT4G
    Nokia 5800
    Carriers
    Wind
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Area around Red Maple and Bantry - sucks big time. There are many spots with little to no coverage. I've been on Wind's back about it for as long as they have been around - no solution. 'We are working on it' Richmond Hill isn't very well covered except the above mentioned areas.

Android kills competition
    visualize whirled peas

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Red Maple and Bantry sucks? Did u get good signals at Loblaws on High Tech Rd?

But i thought Silvercity got good signal, according to these ppl... Thanks!

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about HWY7/Steeles/mcowan/Woodbine/ area...
    Thanks

Phones
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkevin View Post
    Red Maple and Bantry sucks? Did u get good signals at Loblaws on High Tech Rd?

But i thought Silvercity got good signal, according to these ppl... Thanks!
    silvercity has full service! and everywhere i have been in Richmond Hill has great service actually.

Phones
    OnePlus One
    Blackberry Passport
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carriers
    WIND Mobile, Bell Mobility, T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    What about reception around Ninth Line/16th Ave area? I know there's a tower at Markville Stoufville Hospital, but was wondering how's the indoor reception there? Thanks!
    Anywhere near/in the hospital, WIND is 100% better. Mobilcity has no coverage at all as of this summer, and don't think they've done anything to improve it since then. You can't get a signal at all inside the hospital, but on WIND we were able to do 2 full video conference streams (Skype and Google Hangout) for many hours. It's was this experience that cause me to switch my main line back to WIND from Mobilicity. There's no wifi at the hospital then, not sure now.

Other areas in Markham that used to be bad for WIND -- and the original reaosn why I left WIND -- has been fixed as far as I can tell.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.