Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5S coming soon?

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20121112PB200.html

Commercial Times, November 12; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Monday 12 November 2012]

Apple is expected to begin trial production of a new version of its iPhone 5, or iPhone 5S, in December with initial production volumes likely to top 50,000-100,000 units, according to a Chinese-language Commercial Times report.

Facing low yield rates in the production of iPhone 5, Apple has accelerated the certification processes for related parts and components for the iPhone 5S, the paper revealed.

While the speculated iPhone 5S is expected to enter volume production in the first quarter of 2013, Apple is also likely to release a new version of iPad a quarter later than the iPhone 5S, since the display resolution of its latest version of iPad has come out lower than expected, the paper added.

Feedback Score
    It's interesting news, but if it's anything like the time line for all other leaks, we have 4 to 6 more months of waiting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One thing I've always liked about Apple and the iphone was that you could buy one and enjoy it for at least a year without feeling like "something better" was out already the way Android can leave you feeling. I how Apple doesn't change this philosophy the way they just did with the iPad 4.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    One thing I've always liked about Apple and the iphone was that you could buy one and enjoy it for at least a year without feeling like "something better" was out already the way Android can leave you feeling. I how Apple doesn't change this philosophy the way they just did with the iPad 4.

You haven't read the rumours of a Q1/2H 2013 iPhone 5S rumour today have you?

If Tim is running the show.. and this is any indication of what to expect, their may be a new CEO in a year's time. :P

Phones
    Blackberry Z10
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Motorola Atrix
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Taiwanese based Digitimes is known for not being the most accurate source for Apple news, as they have been spot on several times, but wildly off on others. Not a lot of weight should be put into this story until other, more reliable sources report on it.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they just want to try to get back to the previous summer release cycle. Makes more sense than dropping it shortly before the holiday season When they aren't able to meet demand at launch, adding the extra pressure from the holiday sales is just asking for shortages.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Maybe they just want to try to get back to the previous summer release cycle. Makes more sense than dropping it shortly before the holiday season When they aren't able to meet demand at launch, adding the extra pressure from the holiday sales is just asking for shortages.
    The smart play would be to just extend the iPhone 5 sales an extra 6 months then if that is the case, rushing into a 5s would just alienate a lot of their users (a lot of pissed off iPad 3 owners out there).

Carrier
    Globe
    Feedback Score
    so its just gonna be a faster iphone5?

the iphone5 has yet to be officially released in my country, and now there are rumours of ip5s..

so do i keep waiting even more for the ip5s???

Carriers
    T-Mobile (current)
    Verizon, Sprint (1997-2007)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
    Apple is expected to begin trial production of a new version of its iPhone 5, or iPhone 5S, in December with initial production volumes likely to top 50,000-100,000 units, according to a Chinese-language Commercial Times report.

So 50-100k units, and suddenly we have a launch? Yeah.... no.

Think for a second, how many iPhone 5s sold on opening weekend. 5 MILLION. There is no way that 50-100k units means a whole new iPhone is launching in Q1 2013. Maybe a test run for the next iteration to work out manufacturing kinks and get some Design Verification Test (DVT) units, but that's still a long ways from being a product ready for launch. Assuming ANYTHING related to this story is even true.

Left: iPhone 5s on T-Mobile. Right: Comcast home internet connection.

Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Or maybe for once they plan on having enough not to go out of stock in 5 minutes...

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    If anything - and that's a big if - this would be a minor refresh with optimized internal components to improve production yields and reduce manufacturing costs. There would be no user-identifiable differences. A next gen iPhone won't be released until well into next year. Nothing to see here...

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phones
    too many to list
    virgin mobile blackberry curve 8530
    Page Plus Droid X2 and Droid 3
    Carriers
    virgin mobile
    lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Well an I phone 5s I saw that coming, and I wonder how many people are going to sell their souls for the 5s

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Carrier
    Globe
    Feedback Score
    "leaks" are coming earlier and earlier now...

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    iPhone 5 64GB Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For some reason I wouldn't put this pass Apple. The S model spring/summer. Then the redesign in the fall.

Phone
    Infuse
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Apple have no choice but to release the real next iPhone to compete with the competition. No, iPhone 5 has no innovation whatsoever. It's a fine tuned 4S. The game is over for Apple if hey continue to milk money with minor updates. We all have seen the fate of Nokia with S60 phones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast