Thread: Every call to Rogers results in a new set of false promises...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Every call to Rogers results in a new set of false promises...

I've been with Rogers for years and am happy with my plan for the most part. When things go wrong, it usually means a long phone call or two and they tend to make it right. I have not been locked into a contract with them for quite some time.

Here's what I currently have:
    250 daytime minutes/unlim eve/wk after 6pm $25 with a $10 plan credit
    Value pack-vm CID, 2500 Cdn txt $10
    1000min Cdn LD $10 with a $5 credit
    Unlimited Incoming calls $10 with a $10 credit
    Blackberry email/IM plan $15
    Total $45+ system access fee and tax

I now want to get the iPhone 5 and before ordering my phone, I called to verify my plan before I ended up locking into it for 3 years. I got transferred to Customer Relations and was told they could not extend my credits for the duration of the contract. I decided to call back another day. In the meantime, I found out Telus was offering a great corporate plan through my work. So when I called CR again, I told them what I was being offered by Telus and asked what they could do. Long story short, I was offered to keep all I had, credits extended for 3 year contract, replacing BB plan with 6GB data and changing to a visual voicemail value pack with unlimited picture/video/txt For a total of $56+tax. He was also offering to remove my system access fee and waive the activation fee of $35. I asked him to make note of it and took down the interaction number.

I called again a few days later and asked another rep to look up what was written. He'd written the amount but the plan he'd written down (but never told ME about) was removing me from my grandfathered plan and on a completely different plan and even then, the math didn't add up...Rep said she couldn't offer me what he'd promised but could offer me the same plan I have with a switch to 6GB data for $60+tax. Ok, not bad but still didn't match the Telus plan and didn't have visual voicemail. I got the ID and called again another day. This rep now says in addition to visual voicemail value pack with unlimited text etc for $10 she can offer me 100 US/int'l text free. She puts me on hold to go "check" on something, and while I'm on hold, I get a text saying "welcome to visual voicemail". I NEVER authorized her to make any changes. Then the call drops. How "convenient". I was on my way to a meeting so I call back and briefly confirm with this rep that the last rep made note of everything and gave me the ID of the last call. So I felt ok about things. I decide that I'm ok with it and call to lock in (as I've ordered the iphone and it's been delivered to the store). Guess what? I'm getting charged $16.79 for the visual voicemail value pack she switched me to without authorization, not $10 and they can't change me back to my old plan cause it doesn't exist anymore. And of course, there's no 100 US/int'l txt available...surprise, surprise. I ask to speak to a manager. He also says he can't switch back, but will offer me credits to offset the cost of the value pack, but can do nothing about the 100 US/int'l txt. Having read here that accepting something new means I'm ok with it, I ask him to make note and decide to complain. I'm writing it up to the office of the President.

I don't see how this can be allowed. If you offer something to a client, you should HAVE to follow through!!!
    It's unbelievable to me that this is what their department has become! Promising things they can't or won't give you in the end, and the counter offer is always something a little worse.

Any advice? Should I proceed with the complaint to the office of the President? What is my recourse?
    Thanks all!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    yes contact them and tell them the situation they should be able to get u back on your old plan since you didnt agree to the changes
    650 mins $20
    250 Bonus mins until Mar 1 2013
    8pm EW
    CID
    VM
    500 txt $5
    6gb $20
    Cdn/US Corp LD
    911 $0.75
    Free Company Calling

Credits:
    VM Credit
    3 Year Plan Credit $10
    Data Credit $10
    SAF Credit $6.95
    Bundle Disc $3.60

$36.33 after taxes

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Who are these Rogers Social Media people I hear about on other posts who help fix things?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Geek View Post
    Who are these Rogers Social Media people I hear about on other posts who help fix things?
    Post on Facebook / Twitter to get their attention -- maybe they'll pop in here as well.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S i9000M
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to fighting with Rogers. It can be tough to get them to honor their agreements, but in the end they will. If you escalate to the OOP, they are usually extremely helpful if you have a valid case.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII i747M - CyanogenMod10 IceCreamSandwich 4.1.2.

Rogers Retentions Plans:
    (2x): 200WD+100bonus ($25); 6GB data (-$10) Free: 100LD; 6pm Unl Eve/Wkd; Unl Incoming; Unl SMS/MMS; Unl Network Calling+LD; Unl Wifi Calling; CID; VM.
    After Tax: $53.22; Total discounts: $58.40/mnth.
    (1x): 200WD+6pm Unl eve/wkd (17.50 plan) (-$15MFD); 1000LD ($5); CID; VM; 2500TXT; $108 yearly credit.
    After Tax: $12.99; Total discounts: $39/mnth.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I filed a formal complaint 3 days ago with the Office of the President and still have NOT heard back! Post on Facebook where? On the Rogers page?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phzi View Post
    Welcome to fighting with Rogers. It can be tough to get them to honor their agreements, but in the end they will. If you escalate to the OOP, they are usually extremely helpful if you have a valid case.
    And I must say phzi, you have the mother of all plans!!!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Filed my complaint 6 days ago and still have heard nothing....
    Has anyone experienced:
    A) The same long wait
    B) The initial complaint to begin with? I know we've all had our issues or we wouldn't be here, but I'm curious if lying to lock people in is a new tactic?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S i9000M
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Geek View Post
    Filed my complaint 6 days ago and still have heard nothing....
    Has anyone experienced:
    A) The same long wait
    B) The initial complaint to begin with? I know we've all had our issues or we wouldn't be here, but I'm curious if lying to lock people in is a new tactic?
    A) Yes... But it is currently the weekend. If you don't hear from the OOP by end-of-day monday, I would file a complaint with the CCTS.
    B) Rogers trying to welch on their promises is nothing new, I can assure you.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phzi View Post
    A) Yes... But it is currently the weekend. If you don't hear from the OOP by end-of-day monday, I would file a complaint with the CCTS.
    B) Rogers trying to welch on their promises is nothing new, I can assure you.
    So I found a way to reach the OoP and called myself yesterday. I was connected to somebody who took my info and said he'd call me back the same day. He called at 8pm and offered me this with a switch to iPhone5:

200 d.t.min, unlim eve& wkends after 6pm
    Bonus 100 d.t.min
    unlim CDN sms/mms
    My 10
    6GB data
    $60
    -$15 credit
    $16.79 Visual VM value pack incl unlit US/int'l txt
    $10 1000 Cdn l.d.min $10
    -$5 credit
    $10 unlimited incoming
    -$10 credit
    Additional $5 credit

Total $61.79+tx

Any good? The thing is, I was originally offered the same thing minus My 10 for $52+tx...not really getting the deal I was offered, am I? Wondering if My 10 is worth the extra $ and if it's worth losing my grandfathered plan...