Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61

Thread: lg235c, images to pc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question lg235c, images to pc

    What is the simple and easiest way to transfer images to pc, no external card so data cable no use.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    According to what I've read, you can use bluetooth, assuming your pc has it. Use OBEX Commander to make things easier, in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Unbelievable ! I just got my own LG235C in the mail today and have activated it and was looking for some way to upload images to my Windows 7 Pro Desktop and found this site/thread !

    My problem, though, is that, unlike the OP, I can't get my PC and my LG235 to 'pair.' Bluetooth is on on the cell phone and I made it 'visible' for the search (when I went to Control Panel > Hardware > Add a device). What might be the problem ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    If your PC has Bluetooth, there will be a specific Control Panel listing for it. Check that out and report back.

    Adding Hardware is something different.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi, Lisme

    Thanks for the reply !

    1. No, it appears my PC does not have Bluetooth.

    2. FWIW, I had assumed my computer wouldn't necessarily need it based on the Windows video linked on the "add a device" window in Control Panel in which no mention is made of the Windows having or not having Bluetooth. (Sorry. The board wouldn't let me provide the link here yet because of too few posts.)

    In any event, since my computer does not have it, what next ?

    Thanks !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    BT is a separate radio where you actually have to have the hardware and drivers. If you supply the hardware, Windows will supply a driver. That is what I did. I purchased a BT attachment that plugs into a USB port. The gadget is surprisingly tiny. Then Windows noticed an unfamiliar piece of hardware and offered to connect to Windows Update to get a driver. The driver downloaded and installed and I was in business. I don't leave the dongle (that's what these gadgets are called) plugged in because I don't like the BT to be on all the time. Who needs extra radiation? I suppose if it were built-in it would have a switch like the wifi.

    The dongle I have is iogear brand.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks, Lisme, for the information ! I'll definitely look into that ! :-)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the reply's Lisme. I looked into BT, I need the BT plug in for my computer. I also checked and the lg235c has "object push" which I understand is for file transfers, images.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,767
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    BT dongles are available on sale quite often for $6.00 to $8.00. I do not recommend ones from a Chinese vender as quality control seems to be a problem with them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hello, again

    My apologies. I definitely do not want to hijack this thread, but since its subject is exactly what my present issue is, I'm not sure whether to continue posting here or start a separate thread called " the other lg235c, images to pc thread."

    Anyway, in my case, instead of getting a Bluetooth dongle, I was able to obtain a USB cable for data transfer from my LG235. It's hooked up and my Windows 7 Pro desktop recognized the new hardware and searched for a driver. It couldn't locate one, but using the troubleshooting section I was able to get the correct driver from the LG site.

    So, now the PC has the correct driver for the phone. And the phone was initially detected by the computer, but.... I still don't know how to upload the photos ! There is no setting I can find on the phone to upload (or "push" as SLLS said). Nor does "Computer" display the phone as a device from which I can import photos.

    How do I get the computer to display the phone (that it has already recognized as being present and needing a driver) so that I may subsequently get photos uploaded ?

    Thanks.

    Again, apologies for posting here. Feel free to move this to a separate thread.
    Last edited by DogRiverRefugee; 11-16-2012 at 09:30 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DogRiverRefugee View Post
    My apologies. I definitely do not want to hijack this thread, but since its subject is exactly what my present issue is, I'm not sure whether to continue posting here or start a separate thread called " the other lg235c, images to pc thread."

    Anyway, in my case, instead of getting a Bluetooth dongle, I was able to obtain a USB cable for data transfer from my LG235. It's hooked up and my Windows 7 Pro desktop recognized the new hardware and searched for a driver. It couldn't locate one, but using the troubleshooting section I was able to get the correct driver from the LG site. So, now the PC has the correct driver for the phone. And the phone was initially detected by the computer, but.... I still don't know how to upload the photos ! There is no setting I can find on the phone to upload (or "push" as SLLS said). Nor does "Computer" display the phone as a device from which I can import photos.

    How do I get the computer to display the phone (that it has already recognized as being present and needing a driver) so that I may subsequently get photos uploaded ? Thanks.
    Don't start a new thread. This is where your question belongs.

    USB data transfer only works between the microSD card and the pc. It does not address or recognize the phone's internal memory. However, bluetooth does.

    The LG 235C does not have a microSD card so you cannot do file transfers via USB cable. You can only use bluetooth.

    The device your pc recognized was probably the LG modem, not LG Mass Storage (since it doesn't have a card) and that is what it downloaded the drivers for.

    You can test this by attaching any other phone that has a micro card installed and you will see whether it recognizes it.

    In other words, the PC/USB setup recognizes and communicates with the card, not the phone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe that the phone is allowing itself to be recognized as hardware, but there is forbidden access to any files in there. That's because Tracfone is wary of attempts to get in there and modify the programming. So the only access that is allowed would be if an external thing such as a microSDHC card were present. That would present no danger to the programming. I'm sure that official Tracfone programmers can access the phone with special codes, so the cable seems to connect, but we don't have the codes. I don't think the codes are floating around the internet, either. I'm sure people have tried. The phones are crippled too much from their original designs.

    I suspect that your only option is to use Bluetooth, which is acceptable to Tracfone because it is restricted access.

    The dongle does have a cost, but it's kind of handy. You can sell it later if you get a new computer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Don't start a new thread. This is where your question belongs.

    USB data transfer only works between the microSD card and the pc. It does not address or recognize the phone's internal memory. However, bluetooth does.

    The LG 235C does not have a microSD card so you cannot do file transfers via USB cable. You can only use bluetooth.

    The device your pc recognized was probably the LG modem, not LG Mass Storage (since it doesn't have a card) and that is what it downloaded the drivers for.

    You can test this by attaching any other phone that has a micro card installed and you will see whether it recognizes it.

    In other words, the PC/USB setup recognizes and communicates with the card, not the phone.
    Thank you for the reply.

    Yes, I do remember the driver(s) showing 'modem' (not Mass Storage) when they were installed. So, I guess my best course of action will be to get some Bluetooth "dongle" after all, eh ?

    Is it possible to order something like this through, say, Amazon or some cell phone specific site ?

    Or is it much better to go to a physical store location (like Staples) ? (I don't know how many different types, brands, sizes, etc. of these 'dongles' there are -- if some would work with my phone and some wouldn't -- so I don't know if I would risk getting the wrong one through an online purchase.)

    Thanks again !

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    The store ones are good to look at, but they're expensive. You can do a search for bluetooth adapter. Select a reputable retailer so you don't end up with junk. Any major brand should work. You don't need the latest and greatest unless you need the capacity, not likely for us mortals. I ended up with Iogear because it has a good reputation.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DogRiverRefugee View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, I do remember the driver(s) showing 'modem' (not Mass Storage) when they were installed. So, I guess my best course of action will be to get some Bluetooth "dongle" after all, eh ? Is it possible to order something like this through, say, Amazon or some cell phone specific site? Or is it much better to go to a physical store location (like Staples) ? Thanks again !
    I would suggest that you avoid Amazon and other online retailers since you don't know what you are getting and they don't either. Also much more likely to deal with counterfeit goods, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

    I would go in person, with your phone if you have it handy, to Best Buy or CompUSA and buy from them. Avoid Staples. They are sales oriented, not tech oriented. Their idea of tech support is to say, if it doesn't work, bring it back. Office Depot is okay. I have been in about 5 stores recently and each one of them had a full-time tech specialist in the store. I haven't been in an Office Max in a couple of years so won't comment on them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks