Thread: Unlock Tracphone for use with ATT

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Unlock Tracphone for use with ATT

Does anyone know how to unlock a Tracphone A328g for use with an ATT sim card? When I put in the ATT Sim Card, I get an error msg " Sim Code -1". This phone if or my elderly Mom because it has large buttons and is senior friendly. She has an ATT account with a early termination penalty, that we want to avoid. Hopefully someone knows how to unlock it. Tracphone cust service is unwilling or unable to help. Thx.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jx2man View Post
    1. Does anyone know how to unlock a Tracphone A328g for use with an ATT sim card? When I put in the ATT Sim Card, I get an error msg " Sim Code -1".
    2. This phone if or my elderly Mom because it has large buttons and is senior friendly. She has an ATT account with a early termination penalty, that we want to avoid. Hopefully someone knows how to unlock it. Tracphone cust service is unwilling or unable to help. Thx.
    This is actually two seperate questions:

1. To operate your Tracfone on the ATT network you need an ATT SIM card from Tracfone. An ATT SIM card (or any standard SIM) cannot be used with a Tracfone device. ATT does not offer TracFone accounts ; Tracfone does not offer ATT accounts.

But that's not what you want to do...

2. You need to buy an unlocked or ATT-locked GSM phone and move your mothers SIM card to it. TracFone cannot help you.

Who makes the A328G? ; Google doesn't find it. Alcatel A382G?

Regards, FJ

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Like Frontierjustice said, a Tracfone cannot be unlocked. It must be used with Tracfone service.

Offhand, I don't know of an AT&T GoPhone which has extra-large buttons, but the Samsung A187 GoPhone (~$20) is pretty easy to use with well-defined, responsive buttons. You can buy one and just pop your mother's SIM into it and it should work immediately. Look for it at Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontierjustice View Post
    Who makes the A328G? Google doesn't find it. Alcatel A382G? Regards, FJ
    Yes, Alcatel makes it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Offhand, I don't know of an AT&T GoPhone which has extra-large buttons, but the Samsung A187 GoPhone (~$20) is pretty easy to use with well-defined, responsive buttons. You can buy one and just pop your mother's SIM into it and it should work immediately. Look for it at Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
    Hi millept. The OP jx2man said his/her mother would incur an early termination fee by leaving ATT. So that sounds like it's ATT postpaid contract. Will the GoPhone work with a contract plan?

Feedback Score
    Thanks. About What I have come to find out.

Feedback Score
    I will take the Tracphone back to Walmart and look at the Samsung go phone.

Feedback Score
    It's a regular ATT contract from when she got her Pantech breeze phone. She has about 7-8 months left on it. She also has about 2000 rollover minutes left. The Pantech is too complicated for her and the buttons are too small.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score

Re: Unlock Tracphone for use with ATT

Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Hi millept. The OP jx2man said his/her mother would incur an early termination fee by leaving ATT. So that sounds like it's ATT postpaid contract. Will the GoPhone work with a contract plan?
    Yes, her SIM from her contract account will work fine in a GoPhone.

Sent from my LG-P509 using HowardForums

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Like Frontierjustice said, a Tracfone cannot be unlocked. It must be used with Tracfone service.

Correction: the GoPhone I was thinking of is the Samsung A157, not the A187.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Unlock Tracphone for use with ATT

An iPhone 3GS or 3G may be a cheap decent option easy to use with poor vision just disable data.