Thread: nTelos iPhone 5 unlock?

Feedback Score

nTelos iPhone 5 unlock?

Ok so I work somewhere where i can check and see if iPhones are unlocked or not and lets put it like this there's two main things i go by the current activation policy and the next activation policy. Basically if the current activation policy is locked the phone is locked, like for AT&T it will say "(Locked) May be used with AT&T" and if it's Sprint it will say "(Locked) US Sprint N42 Locked Activation Policy", and for nTelos it just says (Locked). If the current activation policy is unlocked the phone is "unlocked", for AT&T it will say (Unlocked) "May be used with any carrier", for Sprint it will say (Unlocked) and something about it being an international unlock, nTelos idk. So I can tell if a phone will be unlocked through a restore through the next activation policy, so for att, all iPhones are the same, if its still going to be locked it will say "May be used with att", if unlocked it will say " may be used with any carrier. If sprint's is still locked it will say the "US Sprint N42 Locked Activation Policy", if it will be unlocked it would be "blank", but when you unlock for sprint it will be international only for 4s and 5 iPhone. For Verizon iphone 5 is different from the 4s, it says that it is locked to verizon but all the poilcies are blank and we all know verizon iPhone 5 comes factory unlocked, and the other sims will work, even though it says (Locked). But the Verizon 4s has policies similar to the sprint 4s. I said all this to ask this I have an nTelos iPhone 5 and all the policies are blank just like the verizon iphone 5 but it says (Locked) but doesn't say anything else even the verizon iphone 5 says locked to verizon. But when try a sim in the nTelos iphone 5 it changes the carrier from nTelos 13.0 to the carrier i put in or Carrier 13.0 and even sometimes shows the carrier options and cellular data edit apn options but will not allow me to manually choose a network or dial it continues to say searching.

I called nTelos about unlocking it and they reffered me to Apple and i called Apple and they reffered me to nTelos, Apple when you call acts like they know nothing about iPhone 5 for the regional carries and i do not think nTelos can unlock the iPhone. You know how it goes I'm pretty sure carriers have to send a request to apple to get devices unlocked but apple wont do it without the carriers okay so ill get the run around.

So I do believe this iphone has been flashed because sprint and verizon iphone 5 have sim cards when previos iPhone models didn't meaning they need it? Well the nTelos does not have a sim card and still shows the carrier as nTelos and fully functions. If i pull the sim card out of my sprint iPhone 5 it acts funny only makes phone call will become inactivated? But nTelos doesn't need a sim and show policies more similiar to verizon than sprint did they flash this phone can I unlock or unflash this phone? Can anyone? What software will i need? Does it require me to wait for a jailbreak? I got an unactivated replacement at the apple store the original activation policy says "N42 CDMA Service Picker" can this be set up like the verizon" iphone 5? What about houdini, or flash to talk, or flask works pro? any help I've been told since nTelos is a Sprint Partner it would be similar to unlocking a sprint iphone 5, but they're different, international use only?

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just out of curiosity, how do CSpire iPhone's show up as in your system?

Feedback Score

nTelos iPhone 5 unlock?

You would have to give me a sn or imei or meid for me to look it up I'm not sure this my first my first ntelos I have never heard of cspire haven't seen cricket or any others

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Interesting to note that Sprint has no provision at all for completely removing the SIM lock, if what you are seeing is correct. I have a Sprint 4S that is unlocked internationally but the fact that they still do not appear have any provision at all for removing all the locks is annoying to say the least. If this policy remains in effect, I can state in no uncertain terms that the iPhone 4S is the LAST iPhone I will ever get from Sprint and possibly the last iPhone period. Yes I can sell it to a foreign user but the fact that it is a brick domestically really pi$$es me off. It is almost as bad as AT&T's unlock policy before Apple smacked them. Sounds like Sprint needs to be smacked around a little by Apple too. At least Verizon is starting to get the message with the iPhone 5.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.