Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HTC DROID DNA Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Re: HTC DROID DNA Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I have one of the tiny small USB 64GB thumb drives. NTFS formatted, plugged into DNA, problem solved. And it's loaded with 1080p MKV movies, and games.
    Heaven!!!
    Please post a source for the thumb drive.

Linux derived Android uses NTFS natively? Seems wholly dubious. How did you match the plug to the socket on the handset? Does the JB Android recognize the thumb drive as an external SD card? What is the /mnt filename?

Even if it worked, you have no second USB socket for . . . whatever, which you would with an inboard SD card.

If this is true -- if such a micro USB thumb drive exists and is Android compatible -- can I use one with my S3 or with a GNote II?
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm getting ready to upgrade my current phone after sitting on the fence for years, and it seems like I've narrowed it down to the DNA, 8x or Note2. I've seen the 8x and DNA in person and both are beautiful phones. None of the stores seem to have demos of the Note2 yet so I'm reserving judgement.

Anyway, I read a review that mentioned that certain apps weren't running properly (or at all) on the DNA because of the high resolution of the screen and scaling issues. I can't seem to find that review right now, otherwise I would link to it.

My question is, has anybody here experienced this issue? If anyone has seen the issue, please give specifics. Does it seem like a deal breaker?

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

The GNote II is going to wind up being the best choice overall for most folks considering that trio.

So the micro-USB jump drive post remains uncorroborated,

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    The GNote II is going to wind up being the best choice overall for most folks considering that trio.

So the micro-USB jump drive post remains uncorroborated,
    Sure, use this:
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...#ht_500wt_1199

And this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002HGFKR8

And you can use whatever microSD card you feel like.

Or there's this:

But too bad it's a concept for now.

And Android from 4.0 and up uses MTP for storage so SD is usually counted as a separate partition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good accessory, except that it ties up the USB port.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark6 View Post

But too bad it's a concept for now.

And Android from 4.0 and up uses MTP for storage so SD is usually counted as a separate partition.

Don't you need a "host USB" port to use an external flash drive (my android tablet has a "host USB" port in addition to the regular USB port)? Basically, a master vs. a slave port.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Eh, I'll wait and see which one has the best development scene. If you demand a swappable battery GS3/Note is the way to go. The RAZR HD MAXX is smaller than both and has slightly more battery capacity than either though.

Personally I'm torn. I'd like the MAXX and the RAZR M, but development will suck, the Note is huge and development is a big ? , and the DNA is perfect except for the questionable battery (My old HTC incredible required a battery swap to make it through the day.) I'm leaning to the DNA though...

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

I'll go out on a limb here and say that seeing the tremendous sales volume of the S3 with its unlockable bootloader and given the technical similarity between it and the GNote II, the likelihood that many developers will be drawn to that scene is quite high.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Here's John's comparison review between the DNA and Note 2, just keep in mind the Note 2 used was an AT&T model, but would be similar hardware to the Verizon one (besides the CDMA/radio).
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HT...Note-II_id3198
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Please post a source for the thumb drive.

Linux derived Android uses NTFS natively? Seems wholly dubious. How did you match the plug to the socket on the handset? Does the JB Android recognize the thumb drive as an external SD card? What is the /mnt filename?

Even if it worked, you have no second USB socket for . . . whatever, which you would with an inboard SD card.

If this is true -- if such a micro USB thumb drive exists and is Android compatible -- can I use one with my S3 or with a GNote II?
    Just using a cheapo MicroUSB-to-USB adapter with a thumb drive. Go Settings-Storage-Mount storage. Done. I don't need a second USB plug when I'm on the go lol... hence USB-OTG. Also, I use a Wireless Charger which solves the charging non issue.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

A bit glib, don't you think?

Not as perfect a solution as you try to make it out to be. But a very interesting one nonetheless.

Are you rooted? ROM? What Android version are you running? Would the USB jump drive work on a handset that does have SD support? Say, a Thunderbolt or Rezound? Could you transfer data to the phone from the USB drive?

Has anyone else tried this?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Not as perfect a solution as you try to make it out to be. But a very interesting one nonetheless.

Are you rooted? ROM? What Android version are you running? Would the USB jump drive work on a handset that does have SD support? Say, a Thunderbolt or Rezound? Could you transfer data to the phone from the USB drive?

Not sure why would you oppose to it? There is no internal SD card slot, that's not gonna change. This is the only local drive solution. Works great.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

People do it all the time for the nexus 7, Xoom, etc. Just use Nexus media importer (app) + use a dongle.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Thanks! SD is a much cleaner more comprehensive and flexible external storage option. But this looks like a workable alternative in its absence. Will check it out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Bypass Activation

Any idea on how to bypass the activation on the DNA?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast