Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: HTC DROID DNA Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amione View Post
    Anyway, I read a review that mentioned that certain apps weren't running properly (or at all) on the DNA because of the high resolution of the screen and scaling issues. I can't seem to find that review right now, otherwise I would link to it.

My question is, has anybody here experienced this issue? If anyone has seen the issue, please give specifics. Does it seem like a deal breaker?
    I've had a DNA now for a week or so and so far nothing has failed to run on it, but I haven't tried any games yet. I'm not much of a gamer, sorry. The only app with any appreciable issue is the GPS nav app Waze, which I use daily. The fonts and roads don't scale up so while everything is very crisp and clean, it's also completely illegible at normal distance when in use in the car. Some of the buttons render on top of other buttons, but everything still seems to work OK otherwise. I tried to take a screenshot to illustrate how tiny everything was but the screenshot of course comes out at 1080x1920 and is massive looking, lol.

The battery life isn't stellar with heavy use (I get about 4.5 hours of Waze use if I start out full charged, but that's better than my old Galaxy S Showcase by a small margin so I'm always with charger anyway) and the lack of massive built-in storage isn't ideal, either, but for my use I'm OK so far. From a hardware standpoint the biggest issue I'm experiencing right now is a persistent hum when streaming audio/video and using the headphone jack to run audio to my car's stereo. It only does it on LTE; when it drops to 3G the hum goes away! It makes listening to quiet music or speech programming too annoying. A direct headphone connection or Bluetooth? No hum. Only on the cable in the car. Weird.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for replying to my question. I actually ended up pulling the trigger on the DNA and I have been happy so far. I haven't had a real problem with the resolution really. I also don't play many games. Angry birds seems to scale a bit weird, and other apps seem to be not available yet, such as microsoft smartglass, but I've been very happy with the phone.

I get about 20hrs out of each battery charge. I have the gps function turned on, but don't use the phone for navigation really. My typical day is a handful of text messages, push notification on 3 email accounts and meeting updates. Maybe a 2 minute phone conversation. Probably 1 hour of reading news and other things while on the train. If I remember to switch to the wi-fi network at work, then that seems to improves the battery life, but I still get 17-18 hours if I don't switch to wi-fi.

I would definitely recommend it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow, 20 hours is good. I don't think I get that even on days when I don't use Waze at all. I think there's some sort of bug with Google Maps, too, that destroys battery life and I'm wondering if no one else is aware of it. Anything that calls up Maps, whether it be manually loading it myself or another app calling it up, it seems to stay in memory-but-not-in-memory and drains the battery at a rate equivalent to leaving the device on and in heavy use. I have to go and manually force-stop Maps or my battery is gone in just a few hours. It's weird.

It's kind of par for the course for me, though; I couldn't use Maps at all on my Galaxy S Showcase unless it was the version that shipped with the phone. Any updates and it would lock up the phone completely and require a battery pull. I love me some Android but I swear Google's own apps are the biggest problems on the platform and Maps is the #1 offender for me.

Feedback Score

Re: HTC DROID DNA Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xbernaut View Post
    Anyone Know which NFC smart tags definitely work with the DNA and the 8X? I am finding it hard to know which type or ones that work with them.

I bought the DNA as an upgrade on 2 of my lines and wouldn't you know it, my company gave me the exact same 2 devices today as holiday gifts. Now I need to sell them somehow, maybe in the 4 sale forum on here? I will sell them super cheap
    Still got it email me [email protected] so we can talk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    ^ Nope, sold the DNA, all I have forsale now is a new in box HTC 8X window mobile , $400 firm.

No one has figured out which NFC tags work with the DNA yet? I read that MiFare Classic tags work since the DNA has the common NXP NFC controller in it but no solid facts yet.

I get about 8 hours with mild use out of my DNA battery. I did find an annoying bug with it though.
    I use the google navigation and when I type an address I alsways get the default pop up asking to use Google nav or VZW nav. I select google and the " Alwasy Use" button and it still comes back everytime.
    And the native built in Yahoo email client has many issues with sync, and password problems I just cant deal with so I use the yahoo app for my mail in the play store.
    I pulled out the charger port tab as it never fits in perfect and is annoting to figet with.

I do love the front and rear LED notification lights on this DNA and wonder if I can use a app to change the colors for calls,texts,email, etc?

I use the Diztronic Matte black slip on case and had to drill a hole for the rear LED to be seen and love this case. I ordered the carbon fiber wrap from Skinomi as well as that wrap is the only high quality wrap I can find that covers so much of the device vs al lthe rest out there. Ghost Armor use to be my favorite otherwise.
    I hope to find a full body real carbon Fiber case for my DNA as well.
    Moto Razr

Feedback Score
    Oh, anyone know when and where we can get the newer QI wireless charger pads that have the new increased distance charging ability in them? The current units on shelves only charge 4mm away and doesnt work with all the thicker cases for the DNA. I hear the new standard for all QI chargers will be or is 30MM?

Feedback Score
    Why is this thread so dead? Is no one discussing modding and tips and tricks with the DNA?

Feedback Score
    I got these skins for a few of my devices and I like how these cover so much more than all the other skins.
    http://www.skinomi.com/htcdroiddna.html

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Guess there's not much to discuss, yet.

I am curious about the wifi sleep policy on this phone, maybe you guys can help me out. It seems that if the phone is in standby for long periods, the wifi (and LTE) shut completely off on my device. There's an option to turn on or off wifi when the screen is off, but this is set of 'off' and wifi still shuts off. Is this some quirk of HTC phones or does it do it on purpose?

It's not a dealbreaker but it can be annoying when I want to quickly look something up, as the phone first reconnects to LTE, then eventually to wifi, causing connection issues for a moment.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xbernaut View Post
    Why is this thread so dead? Is no one discussing modding and tips and tricks with the DNA?
    Looks like the 1080 display wasn't enough to get people's attention, compared to the SGS3, Note 2, and Droid RAZR Maxx HD.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Looks like the 1080 display wasn't enough to get people's attention, compared to the SGS3, Note 2, and Droid RAZR Maxx HD.
    Most people are on XDA I guess. DNA is an amazing phone BTW!
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Not only this, but it's existence is seemingly going to more or less torpedo a more broadly launched HTC devices prospects on VZW and probably somewhat marginalize this newer devices impact in the USA since the DNA will be a totally different branded sorta sister device on VZW.

When are these OEMs going to "Get It" and refuse to be brandless OEMs for network branded exclusive nonsense that messes up their own branded stuff?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/01...ed-on-verizon/

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Probably not until they gain the market share and clout of your Apples and Samsungses.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4