Thread: Activate Verizon iPhone 4s Without Verizon Sim??

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Activate Verizon iPhone 4s Without Verizon Sim??

Hey guys,

Bought a used iPhone 4S directly from Amazon (Warehouse Deals) and trying to get it active but having some problems.

It keeps requesting a SIM card and won't go any further through activation without it. I know all the 4S have sim slots but I don't have a Verizon SIM nor did it come with one (using it on an MVNO).

Is there some way to get past this besides jailbreaking it? Is this a normal error? I know there are the hactivation methods of the emergency call method but on the iPhone 4 model I know you could just hook to iTunes and enter activation info and it was good to go but that doesn't seem to work on the 4S.

Also, is this a normal Verizon error or is it possible that they sent me the wrong model (AT&T instead of Verizon)???

Any help or ideas are very much appreciated!

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Can you start up the phone at all? If not, then put any micro sim on to see. As long as you have any sim card in, even a inactive one the phone would go to the menu page with all the icons. Go to setting, then general, then about. It would open a page list out what brand ATT or Verizon on under the carrier.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Can you start up the phone at all? If not, then put any micro sim on to see. As long as you have any sim card in, even a inactive one the phone would go to the menu page with all the icons. Go to setting, then general, then about. It would open a page list out what brand ATT or Verizon on under the carrier.
    Thanks for the help. I got a microsim today (in the process of switching an old AT&T line to Pageplus on the Verizon phone and 1 PP and 1 AT&T line to StraightTalk at the same time) -- got the ST sims in today and put it in the phone and it let me load it up -- turns out it was in fact a mislabeled phone by Amazon -- was AT&T and not Verizon.

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    So you are good to go with ST then.