Thread: Eastlink Launch delayed - again!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score

Eastlink Launch delayed - again!

Eastlink has delayed the launch of its wireless system again. The latest target was "later this year" and I was expecting their launch any day, and now this:

http://www.telegeography.com/product...m_medium=email

Mr. Bragg now speaks of "early 2013". Only 150 of 350 transmitter are up in NS and PEI.

Feedback Score

Re: Eastlink Launch delayed - again!

Ugh....
    Both Wind and Eastlink aren't off to a great start with Atlantic Canada. It's not simply that they're delayed... It's their incredibly poor communication with Atlantic Canadians who actually care.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Indeed!

BTW: Eastlink is one of the companies that sold Motorla Canopy to the taxpayer long after its best-of-date.

Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    jeez this is pathetic,we have 3 major carrier phones due for renewal since september.i had been hoping these guys would get their act together and launch in december.i am now thinking of switching to koodo or virgin for the $57 promo plans on m2m basis.
    not launching for the xmas buying season is going to be a mistake.
    i think they should launch with discounts for early adopters,or sign up customers to test the network.
    i for one would not mind some spotty service if it helped in the long run.

Feedback Score

It's gotten to the point where I don't really trust them with their estimates. We might be chatting on this same thread next year after hearing the same "delay, delay" story.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hear Eastlink has started sales staff training.

Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    i have 3 phones on virgin $56 promo plan,i hope they offer something better.
    will continue m2m with virgin till its sorted out and pricing is released.
    not worried about handset subsidy as we all own up to date handsets

Feedback Score

According to Mobile Syrup 1 week until Eastlink launch.

(I'd post a link to the story but I lack the permissions)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There will be an Easlink event next week. Funny, Thursday I received an advertisemend mailing from Eastlink that said they would start wireless service "this year". I don't understand why they wouldn't run a larger advertisement campaign towards their launch, to get the general public interested. A countdown thing, were new details are released bit by bit. Or something. Is that too expensive? Do they want a soft-launch instead of an onslauight of hundreds of customers right away? Or did the launch kinda happen and the marketing people weren't in the loop?

Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dajs View Post
    There will be an Easlink event next week. Funny, Thursday I received an advertisemend mailing from Eastlink that said they would start wireless service "this year". I don't understand why they wouldn't run a larger advertisement campaign towards their launch, to get the general public interested. A countdown thing, were new details are released bit by bit. Or something. Is that too expensive? Do they want a soft-launch instead of an onslauight of hundreds of customers right away? Or did the launch kinda happen and the marketing people weren't in the loop?
    there was a piece in the business section of chronicle herald saturday i think, with bragg stating end of month.
    if either timeline is true eastlink should be advertising ahead of this to build momentum.
    possibly a very soft launch with limited customers and devices.
    eastlink does not show up in my provider list on my unlocked s3,but i am outside the city proper by crystal crescent beach.