Thread: LG 840g signal strength

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG 840g signal strength

Anyone give me some incite to how good the cell signal is on the new LG 840g? I have a Samsung T404g now and the signal is good in my area. The last LG 800g I had was terrible.
    Technology nut, that loves to get in way over my head just to see how things work.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ztekdesign View Post
    Anyone give me some incite to how good the cell signal is on the new LG 840g? I have a Samsung T404g now and the signal is good in my area. The last LG 800g I had was terrible.
    Your signal strength depends more on the provider that Tracfone assigns you, than on the phone itself. You need to buy the phone with the correct provider`s SIM rather than rolling the dice that Tracfone will provide what is best for you rather than what is best for Tracfone`s bottom line. Call up the SIM serial number from each phones prepaid menu and look at the first 6 digits:
    890126 = T-Mobile
    890141 = AT&T

I have the LG 800G with AT&T service and it never moves off 5 bars. With a T-Mobile SIM i would have 1-3 bars if I am lucky.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Your signal strength depends more on the provider that Tracfone assigns you, than on the phone itself. You need to buy the phone with the correct provider`s SIM rather than rolling the dice that Tracfone will provide what is best for you rather than what is best for Tracfone`s bottom line. Call up the SIM serial number from each phones prepaid menu and look at the first 6 digits:
    890126 = T-Mobile
    890141 = AT&T

I have the LG 800G with AT&T service and it never moves off 5 bars. With a T-Mobile SIM i would have 1-3 bars if I am lucky.
    Yes, I understand this. I am in an AT&T area. I had a LG800 in this same area with AT&T service. The reception here was bad. Now I have a Samsung T404g on AT&T that has much better reception. That is why I am asking if the LG 840g is better then the LG 800g or at least the same as the Samsung T404g. I have had 10 different tracfones/Net10 phones and some brands/models had better signal strength then others. I am considering the Samsung 390g or LG 840g. If the signal strength is similar then I would rather have the touch screen LG.

Phones
    Moto E
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Can't answer your question, but the slang term would be "RF signal grabbing capability," or the sensitivity of its radio in more technical terms.

Phone
    iPhone 6, Nexus 5
    Carriers
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: LG 840g signal strength

S390G is a little better at grabbing a signal. LG840G Is on par with most other phones, I wouldn't say its bad by any means but the Samsung seems to perform better

Sent from my SPH-L710 using HowardForums

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Signal can be tough in my area. Might be a deal breaker with the LG840g. I need all the signal grabbing capability I can get.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have not activated my 840 yet to be able to report on signal strength. But on WiFi i see the same list of available connections as I see on my home PC.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I have not activated my 840 yet to be able to report on signal strength. But on WiFi i see the same list of available connections as I see on my home PC.
    Awesome, let me know when you get a chance to test it. I am really on the fence about the 840g or 390g. Signal is important so from what i can tell from other input the 390g is better there. Only thing that scares me is that the 390g has had a lot of reports about it pocket dialing 911. I had a friend tell me that it happened to him.