Thread: Starting your cycle on the 1st of the month

Feedback Score

Question Starting your cycle on the 1st of the month

So I called Verizon and stated I want my minutes to start on the 1st of each month.

For example, this month has 30 days, so the 30th would be the last day. Next month has 31 days, so the 31st would be the last day of the cycle.

When I first called, they stated that it was possible and it would be done. When I verify online, it states the cycle ends on the 1st and starts on the 2nd. I went ahead and called and they stated that since the 30th and 31st don't occur every month, I have to pick either the 29th or 2nd for the minutes to start.

Is that correct or is there a way to make the minutes start on the 1st of the month?

Thanks for your help.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hola View Post
    So I called Verizon and stated I want my minutes to start on the 1st of each month.

For example, this month has 30 days, so the 30th would be the last day. Next month has 31 days, so the 31st would be the last day of the cycle.

When I first called, they stated that it was possible and it would be done. When I verify online, it states the cycle ends on the 1st and starts on the 2nd. I went ahead and called and they stated that since the 30th and 31st don't occur every month, I have to pick either the 29th or 2nd for the minutes to start.

Is that correct or is there a way to make the minutes start on the 1st of the month?

Thanks for your help.
    They should be able to enter "31" which will default to the last day of every month... I do this with all of my bills as well.

Feedback Score

Starting your cycle on the 1st of the month

The billing cycle date is the date the cycle ends. I've never seen one on the 30th or 31st because its hard coded and can't change monthly. I've seen the 29th and 1st for a cycle but not the other two. I think that is correct.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Starting your cycle on the 1st of the month

Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    The billing cycle date is the date the cycle ends. I've never seen one on the 30th or 31st because its hard coded and can't change monthly. I've seen the 29th and 1st for a cycle but not the other two. I think that is correct.
    The 29th isn't in every month either.. :screwy:

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    I've seen the 29th and 1st for a cycle but not the other two. I think that is correct.
    Yea, I have the 1st as the end of my billing cycle, and with that, the 2nd becomes the first day of the new cycle.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for everyone who replied. I think it's crazy how we know more than reps on those forms.

I guess it doesn't matter when it starts. It just makes it easier to know when the cycle resets.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would say over half the confusion with reps is when people don't know what they are asking for i.e. "billing date".

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    One more thing to remember is that Verizon may not have billing available for the 1st of the month in all markets. Was the same when I worked at At&t.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    One more thing to remember is that Verizon may not have billing available for the 1st of the month in all markets. Was the same when I worked at At&t.
    What do you mean by 1st of the month in all markets. Do you mean in some markets they can have the bill end on the 31st but other markets, not?

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

What do you mean by 1st of the month in all markets. Do you mean in some markets they can have the bill end on the 31st but other markets, not?
    It doesn't matter what market you're in, the 31st is not in every month so it's not available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0 View Post
    It doesn't matter what market you're in, the 31st is not in every month so it's not available.
    You seem to know a lot about the billing cycle. So explain how a bill would be due on the 1st in some markets. Let's say your cut off is the 10th, usually they give you about 3 weeks and that's when your bill is due. Isn't that right?

If I am not wrong, all cycles ending on the 10th would have the same due date, etc. Right?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For example, from when I worked at At&t there were only select bill cycles available in each market. For example, one market may have 4 available bill cycles (5, 10, 20, 25) and another would have 4 different cycles (3, 9, 14, 27).

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    For example, from when I worked at At&t there were only select bill cycles available in each market. For example, one market may have 4 available bill cycles (5, 10, 20, 25) and another would have 4 different cycles (3, 9, 14, 27).
    Verizon doesn't restrict their billing cycles by market. They may have done this in the past but not since they consolidated their billing systems.

You seem to know a lot about the billing cycle. So explain how a bill would be due on the 1st in some markets. Let's say your cut off is the 10th, usually they give you about 3 weeks and that's when your bill is due. Isn't that right?
    Your due date is 5 days before your next bill cycle date. For example, if your bill cycle is the 6th (meaning cycle ends on the 6th and begins on the 7th) your bill is on the 1st of the following month.

If I am not wrong, all cycles ending on the 10th would have the same due date, etc. Right?
    Yes, those bills are due on the 5th of the following month.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

As above stated, your bill is due 5 days before your next cycle starts. If your due date is the 1st, your cycle would end on the 6th.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand why people always want their bills due on the first of a month? If its a money issue you can pay your bill ANYTIME, even if you are paying early (yes- months in advance)

I paid my Verizon bill several months in advance when my credit card company was having a bonus cashback day.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work