Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note II Release Thread

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    You mean the phablet … ?

I once put a GTab7 in my jeans back pocket. Don't think a 3x5.3=6" diag display will be too big for pockets.
    I agree. The Note 2 with a slim case fits just fine in the pockets of my regular jeans. With some shrinking of the bezel, a 6" display will fit as well.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not certain how pocketable the N3 would be inside a case or pouch.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Well, everything is pure speculation about the Note 3. And it's far too early to really do much of any serious speculating anyway.

But that said, I don't think Samsung would go that large if they couldn't make it fit in a normal pocket. That would take it out of the "phablet" category and turn it into a tablet. And it would most certainly be thinner than the Note 2, making pocketability with a slim case entirely possible.

And most phone pouches aren't designed to be carried in a pocket anyway (outside of the pocket of a coat or in a bag).
    Current lineup: Galaxy Note 2, MotoActv

Previous smartphones: Galaxy S3, One X, Droid RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4S, Droid Bionic, Stratosphere, Droid Charge, Vitality, Droid Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Droid Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: Transformer Pad TF300, Evo View 4G, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Since we're in the realm of speculation – I still hope Moto will come to the plate and have a cut at the phablet market. Gotta have something in the oven by now I'd think.

Maybe go 1080p IPS. Wasn't my DX among the first 4.3s? So Moto isn't afraid of pushing that particular envelope. Make it same or smaller than the GN2, maybe 5.7" with bezelless ‘M' concept for marketing?

Who better to fix the quad-Krait w/A320 overheating issues than Moto? Easiest to do in a big case, like a phablet, right?
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Since we're in the realm of speculation – I still hope Moto will come to the plate and have a cut at the phablet market. Gotta have something in the oven by now I'd think.

Maybe go 1080p IPS. Wasn'r my DX among the first 4.3s? So Moto isn't afraid of pushing that particular envelope, maybe 5.7"?
    Yeah, I think Motorola will join in. The Droid X was one of the first phones with a 4.3" display, so they've pushed to the higher end of screen sizes before. I'm not sure if they'll go with 5.5"+, but I think we'll see at least a 5" device from them next year.

But since they use on-screen buttons, for most uses the screen will end up being about .3" inches smaller than the advertised size. So they just might push it larger since the usable area will actually be smaller.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Hopefully, in the Spring KLP 5.0 will finally have an effective integrated UI level auto-hide for those nav buttons.

But, yes, that is for the most part what's been driving this latest push to 4.7"+ displays.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The N2 fits into my jeans back pocket just fine (no case on it yet, won't receive it from UPS until Monday) with just the very top peeking out of the top of my pocket.

FWIW, I unplugged the N2 from the charger this morning at 9 am, just been using it for email like I normally do throughout the day (no web surfing, no streaming) and almost 7 hours later, the battery is sitting at 86%. With my Rezound with the 2750 mAH extended battery, my battery would have been sitting at around 60% with the same amount of usage.

One nitpicky thing. The bluetooth audio doesn't seem to like to cooperate with the COMAND system in my Mercedes. It connects fine, streams audio fine through the car stereo, but the car stereo controls doesn't work. It can start the music player app and the music starts playing, but then the car stereo screen shows "Activating Bluetooth Audio" and the car stereo screen then shows the player as being paused when the player is still going. With it being paused, the music controls (forward, back) doesn't control the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    when is N3 coming out?
    I am debating whether to pull the extra 400$ for 2 phones and get N2., if N3 release is in near future, i can wait.

XXX: Just checked the other N3 thread, didnt saw it earlier.

299$ for N2, is on high end for me at this time, will wait.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    May not get the N3 due to lack of full retail dollars.
    There is root for the phone, but I am not home and have not tried it. Check XDA for links.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday I stopped by the local store and looked at the DNA and Note 2 next to each other.
    As I mentioned when the DNA came out, I'm not liking the way you have to always look at the screen dead center, as any slight angle starts to degrade with contrast/brightness/color shift...but it does have the best resolution/pixel density. But the AMOLED screen on the Note 2 is basically a larger GS3, the pixel density is lower, but still looks pretty good. I like the AMOLEDs more for the better viewing angles and pure-blacks. My hope is the Note 3 and GS4 will have 1080p AMOLED screens.

I will say the Note 2 overall was larger than I had thought it would be. Even though I have big hands (6'4") the phone was pushing the limits of being too big for one-handed operation.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I want this phablet!

Please let the S3 development goodies transfer easily and cleanly…

Babiegurl, you must be really hot! Eleven hours, now that's some beauty sleep!
    Sure am if youre into Puerto Rican/Dominican/AA females...LOL Oh, and I am very single too! LOL...Tried to post a pic as my avatar but I think I have to be a premium member....Hahaha...

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

I can't do as much as you guys are claiming and get that long out of the battery, if I watched 1 movie with just texts and no calls the battery makes it half a day and I've had it for a month.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using HowardForums
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ipulaski View Post
    when is N3 coming out?
    I am debating whether to pull the extra 400$ for 2 phones and get N2., if N3 release is in near future, i can wait.

XXX: Just checked the other N3 thread, didnt saw it earlier.

299$ for N2, is on high end for me at this time, will wait.
    The Note 2 was just released back in October internationally, and just this past week on Verizon, so there's absolutely no word on when the Note 3 will be released. Anything said about it is just pure speculation, but it definitely won't be coming out in the near future. Chances are it won't be out until around October of 2013.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by babiegurl32 View Post
    Sure am if youre into Puerto Rican/Dominican/AA females...LOL Oh, and I am very single too! LOL...Tried to post a pic as my avatar but I think I have to be a premium member....Hahaha...
    Viví dos años en Guayama trabajando con la Phillips Fibers cuando joven. Siempre trato de vivir un día a la vez.

Translation:
    Lived two years in PR programming for Phillips Petroleum back in the 70s. And my family has some ties to AA – "one day at a time."

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I agree that it is too large for me to use one handed.
    I would expect the N3 around 3Q 2013. Awaiting the specs to see if it would be worth upgrading to.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast