Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SpeakOut mobile browsing NOT unlimited, not even close -'Fair usage' = 2Gb MAX

Phones
    LG P690
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carriers
    Speak Out Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htrab1 View Post
    Yes, now Google's intentionally misrepresenting your site... please. Again, do us a favour and go back to your corporate site, corporate troll. You can sell that whole 'independently run' shtick over there. As mentioned in the other thread, thankfully, much larger, more widely read, actually independent sites like howardforums, mobilesyrup, etc. exist and have SpeakOut forums that don't get scrubbed of critical posts.
    Not my site. I'm just a moderator there. You should just go back to screwing every carrier you can, flagrantly breaking every TOS, then report back, and let us all know how that goes.

As I said before, and I love repeating myself, that thread was deleted because YOU reduced it to a thread of name calling (calling the moderators and users dumb and idiots).

That kind of language will never get you far in any forum. If you don't believe me, just start name-calling the moderators here, and you'll see how quickly you'll get kicked, just as swiftly as you were banned from the other site. There are plenty of threads on the SpeakOut site that are negative and critical of SpeakOut, but those threads don't resort to name calling.

The SpeakOut forum doesn't get scrubbed of critical posts. It gets scrubbed of users like yourself who have a blatant disregard for the rules, or think they are above the rules. It gets scrubbed of users (and their posts) who are disrespectful of other users, and childish name-calling like what you did on that site is not tolerated at all. That is why the thread was deleted, and you were banned.

Your bad attitude and past history speaks for itself.

Again, Merry Christmas!!
    Last edited by iamdrumming; 12-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdrumming View Post
    Not my site. I'm just a moderator there. You should just go back to screwing every carrier you can, flagrantly breaking every TOS, then report back, and let us all know how that goes.

As I said before, and I love repeating myself, that thread was deleted because YOU reduced it to a thread of name calling (calling the moderators and users dumb and idiots)... blah blah
    To summarise, iamdrumming is moderator on the corporate-run speakoutwireless.ca forum. The OP in this thread was originally posted on that site first, but was subsequently scrubbed along with many other posts critical of SpeakOut. iamdrumming came to this thread after realising that the post he had scrubbed from speakoutwireless.ca had been reposted here. Since he is obviously not a moderator on howardforums, he spent umpteen posts adding nothing to this thread but repeating one point: that since the OP had been scrubbed from the speakoutwireless.ca forum, that this was proof the person who posted it was mean/rude/etc. He neglected to mention his involvement with the speakoutwireless.ca site. He is now embarrassed after it was discovered he is actually the one who deleted it from his speakoutwireless.ca corporate-run forum, and that there's a google cache of the thread he deleted. Sad what corporate trolls will reduce themselves to doing...

To kill two birds with one stone

rich96: I'm not advocating that anyone switch to WIND, Mobilicity, or any other network operator that offers so-called 'unlimited' data plans. I was simply pointing out that WIND and Mobilicity clearly indicate the applicable usage caps in their advertising. And those caps happen to be much higher than SpeakOut's 2Gb (5-20Gb). I've personally decided to bail on mobile data altogether until service quality goes up and prices comes way down, which is likely no time soon in Canada. For the time-being, I'll stick to wifi as I'm fortunate to have pretty decent (although obviously spotty) coverage in my area. Here's hoping...

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by htrab1; 12-17-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Phones
    LG P690
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carriers
    Speak Out Canada
    Feedback Score
    I like the fact that you selectively copy and paste, and not the whole picture.

Not embarrassed at all. It wasn't "discovered" that I was the one who deleted it. I TOLD YOU I WAS THE ONE. I also told you I was the one that banned you (and for good reason) Like I said before, you're just proving your arrogance again and again, and keep reaffirming why you were banned from the other site. You can't be name-calling on a forum and taking personal shots without suffering the consequences.

Yes, it is sad what some truly pathetic people like yourself try to get away with, then when it comes back to bite them, they whine and complain.

Merry Christmas to you as well
    Last edited by iamdrumming; 12-17-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    I like the fact that you selectively copy and paste, and not the whole picture.

Not embarrassed at all. It wasn't "discovered" that I was the one who deleted it. I TOLD YOU I WAS THE ONE... blah blah
    Admitting to something (post #28) after being caught lying (post #27) is not 'I told you'... Poor little iamdrumming is still embarrassed after it was discovered he is actually the one who deleted the OP from his speakoutwireless.ca corporate-run forum and pretending it was someone else. Worse yet is there's a google cache of the thread he deleted that proves he was lying about its content.

What was that about going away and never posting here again several posts ago? Sad what corporate trolls will reduce themselves to doing. Quit while you're behind and go back to your corporate site, corporate troll.
    Last edited by htrab1; 12-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Phones
    LG P690
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carriers
    Speak Out Canada
    Feedback Score
    Last time I checked this isn't your site, and I can post where and when I want.

Still attempting to use the "corporate run" shtick? That's getting really old.

Embarrassed over what? I agreed that it shouldn't be posted as "unlimited" if there is a 2GB limit. However, there are people like you who are looking to screw whatever system they can, until they can get away with it. Tethering is one thing you said you were doing with SpeakOut, yet it is blatantly against the rules for using their service. It came back to bite you, and then you start whining when you got kicked. Anyone can look at your past history and see you're as big d!ck as they come.

So you can "blah blah" selectively copy and paste what you want as usual.

Feedback Score
    This one (from post #22) was cute

You're running out of them pretty fast. No wonder you were banned from the other SpeakOut forum.
    Yes, no wonder... because iamdrumming is the one who deleted the post and apparently banned the OP from the corporate-run speakoutwireless.ca site. Not content pretending someone else did it, iamdrumming goes on to imply that the OP was deleted from other sites as well. As readers can tell from this thread, this one and this one, that's false. In fact, only speakoutwireless.ca had the OP deleted/banned. It bears repeating that iamdrumming also lied about the reason he deleted the OP from the corporate site, claiming the OP had posted inappropriate comments, etc. As noted, google has a cache of the thread before it was deleted. Corporate troll is welcome to go and accuse google of selectively misrepresenting his coprporate-run forum as well.

Also amusing (from post #28)

Said I wasn't going to post again...
    Not only did iamdrumming continue to grace us with his repeated corporate trolling / flame-baiting, but actually went out of his way to edit the post where he had originally written he was going to go away

As for tethering, the OP clearly indicates the reason SpeakOut gave for removing the data add-on was usage over 2Gb, not tethering. As noted here and elsewhere, it would not make any difference. If there is such a restriction, like the 2Gb cap, any mention of it is buried in the fine print.

Frankly, the corporate troll efforts to narrowly define what constitutes 'mobile browsing' are the most amusing: no video! no pictures! no data! (seriously...). If SpeakOut wants to control which browsers people can use and what content they can access, they should restrict the service to only phones they sell, and only sell phones with WAP browsers from a decade ago.
    Last edited by htrab1; 12-18-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Phones
    LG P690
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carriers
    Speak Out Canada
    Feedback Score
    Once again, and again...

You were banned from the SpeakOut site for shooting your mouth off. Calling the moderators dumb is one instance. "You're intentionally playing dumb, right?" is what you said to a moderator there. Actually it was dumb on your part. The cache of the thread you like to copy and paste conveniently does not include all the derogatory comments you made.

You sure like to pick and choose what you copy and paste. Here's a full copy and paste from the official SpeakOut site:

"UNLIMITED WEB BROWSING FAIR USAGE:

We want to ensure all customers enjoy optimal data usage on the network. SpeakOut Wireless reserves the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred on the network and to deny or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone SpeakOut Wireless believes is using the SpeakOut Wireless unlimited web browsing Service in any manner prohibited by these Terms and Conditions of Service or whose usage exceeds 2GB per month]. SpeakOut Wireless may use your contact information to advise you of the application of these Terms and Conditions of Service to your use of the web browsing Service. If we determine that you are using the Service in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Service then, and without limiting any of our other rights pursuant to these Terms and Conditions of Service, we may terminate individual calls, data connections, unlimited web browsing or completely terminate your Service, decline to renew your Service, or offer you a different Service plan. If your service is terminated due to violation of these Terms and Conditions of Service, you may forfeit any unused balances including minutes, text and/or data."

If you, or any other person needs full data (not just browsing), then go with another carrier. SpeakOut is not for everyone, and never has been. If you need all the bells and whistles, then go with a carrier that has a full data package.

Flame-baiting? Whatever. Calling me a "corporate troll" is ok then? Hypocrite. Whatever.
    Last edited by iamdrumming; 12-18-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    Once again, and again... blah blah
    As noted, google has a cache of the thread before it was deleted. iamdrumming's credibility is completely shot, yet the corporate troll trudges on undeterred.

Only a corporate troll would repeatedly cut-and-paste the fine print thinking he was making a point; the OP refers to the company's false/misleading advertising of an 'unlimited' service that is nowhere near being so. Numerous Speakout subscribers in this thread indicated their service was disconnected over the last month and that they were likewise unaware of the nowhere-near-unlimited 2Gb cap. Other operators like Mobilicity and WIND advertise 'unlimited' plans, but clearly indicate the caps in their advertising. That SpeakOut's own customer service rep didn't know what the cap was, had to put the OP on extended hold to find out and was surprised to learn how low it was speaks to the fact SpeakOut is intentionally misleading its customers.

Thankfully, SpeakOut's corporate trolls llike iamdrumming are rather ineffective and only serve to make the company look worse with each subsequent post.

Phones
    LG P690
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carriers
    Speak Out Canada
    Feedback Score
    My credibility? You never had credibility to begin with.

As noted, you don't copy and paste the full thread. Only the first 2 posts. The rest of that thread was you shooting off your mouth. That's what got you banned.

Once again, your childish name-calling is really starting to show how desperate you are getting.

"Numerous Speakout subscribers"? Really? It seems like you were the only one in that thread complaining that you weren't getting the world for $10/month. Since you loved copy and pasting that thread, here are some copy and paste comments about you from other users from it. Anyone who disagrees with you is labelled a "corporate troll":

"Are you done with your complaints? Annoying to see this thread keep popping up.

We get It already, You're to poor to afford a data plan. Expect to have unlimited bandwidth at Speakout UMB when It's been clearly known that there was a 2GB limit. Try using the search function next time okay? "

"And also, it's in the TERMS OF SERVICE. Case closed. Stay within the 2 GB limit or go elsewhere. "

"He cannot go any where else other than here to make a rant, He's boycotting ALL the other carriers because they don't offer unlimited data plans. Have fun waiting that long till they do, We ain't ever beating the US In terms of pricing whether It be on phones plans or clothing/electronics. Surprise you don't realize that. "

"You went from Speakout UMB Abuser/Lurker to ranter once they notified you of the change even though you knew the change 6 months ago? /yawn. "

There's only a few of the posts in that thread that you provided.

Plain and simple. If you do not agree with a provider's TOS, then do not use that provider. Understand? No one is forcing you to use that service. Move along.
    Last edited by iamdrumming; 12-24-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Enough bickering. Name calling will not be tolerated. Argue with the posts and information in them, not each other. Failure to heed this warning by either parties may result in further actions being taken.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Phones
    LG P690
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carriers
    Speak Out Canada
    Feedback Score
    I agree. He has called me a "corporate troll" non-stop. I pointed out that he should read the SpeakOut TOS. It clearly states what the "unlimited browsing fair usage" is. If anyone does not agree with any provider's TOS, then do not use that provider. Plain and simple. No need for childish name-calling.
    Last edited by iamdrumming; 12-24-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    My credibility? You never had credibility to begin with.

As noted, you don't copy and paste the full thread. Only the first 2 posts. The rest of that thread was you shooting off your mouth. That's what got you banned.
    I think most readers are smart enough to understand that the OP has no influence on what google caches. If iamdrumming is accusing google of misrepresenting him, well, he can always try banning google from his little corporate-run forum (speakoutwireless.ca). For those who missed it, there's a google cache of the thread iamdrumming is referring to that speaks for itself.

"Numerous Speakout subscribers"? Really? It seems like you were the only one in that thread complaining...
    The original thread iamdrumming refers to is available in its entirety, where readers can find other users like kitty, Tilter, kwanyeung20, ceraf, etc also indicating that they had their nowhere-near-'Unlimited' Mobile Browsing service with SpeakOut disconnected without notice, and that they were unaware of the 2Gb cap before their service was disconnected.

One can't fault iamdrumming - he's trying his best to fulfill his corporate trolling duties, deleting posts off corporate-run sites pretending to be fan forums, trolling the internet to respond to reposts where he can find them... Unfortunately, facts and reality just aren't doing him any favours.

Update: Apparently the google cache is no more - likely expired.

Feedback Score

PCMag article on Straight Talk, a dishonest MVNO nearly identical to SpeakOut

How <strike>Straight Talk's</strike> SpeakOut's TOS Makes Most <strike>iPhone</strike> Smartphone Users Criminals
    By Sascha Segan, PCMag January 17, 2013

You can pretty much substitute the two companies' names throughout the article; their policies are nearly identical, except Straight Talk has a soft cap, where speeds are first throttled and subscribers are given a heads up that they've exceeded the cap the company intentionally hid in the ToS. SpeakOut just disconnects users then sends them SMS after-the-fact advising them of the disconnection. You stay classy, SpeakOut. I wonder what Sascha would have to say about that, given that he opines of Straight Talk's somewhat more considerate approach:

"Straight Talk's refusal to be straight up about its policies make it a company you might not want to work with."

Commenting on the original article, poster Xuanlong wrote something rather poignant that likewise applies to SpeakOut:

"The service is basically designed to exploit lower income customers."
    Last edited by htrab1; 01-18-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Phones
    Nokia 5230 Nuron
    Nokia 5230 Nuron
    Nokia 2760
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Simple Calling / Ekit
    Feedback Score
    Speakout UMB works for me but then agai I am just browsing.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^Is the 2 GB cap mentioned somewhere that a customer would see upon signing up?

I'm not a fan of unlimited plans that aren't really unlimited. But if the company does mention the cap very clearly, then I don't mind so much i.e. Skype's "unlimited" US/CAN calling plan has 10000 minutes. I would rather it be called "the 10000 minutes plan", as I'd rather see unlimited really mean unlimited...but at least Skype is open about their cap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast