Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Never sign up with Rogers -A terrible choice if you are looking forcustomer service

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Angry Never sign up with Rogers -A terrible choice if you are looking forcustomer service

    Hi friends, I am going to share an experience so that nobody else goes through that and I insist you to read it and share it so that you know before signing up for rogers what is in store for you.

    I am (soon it will be "was") a rogers customer for last six years for my home phone and internet and I decided to go with them for my wireless service. I signed up a three year contract with them and bought an iphone 4S,a phone worth $ 700. I started having battery issues after one month and I called in to complain about it. I did whatever troubleshooting they asked me todo with no change in battery performance. I asked to speak to a supervisor but after being rude to me, the rep hung up on me. I wrote an email to their office of the president and a rep called me after 6 days to discuss the situation. she assured that the rep will be educated properly. When I discussed my battery issued, I was shocked to hear the answers I got from the rep.Here is a brief summary of what she suggested me:

    1) send your phone in for repairs, we will not be able to provide you with a loaner phone. It is customer's responsibilty to arrange a phone to use with rogers service whole the phone is in for repairs (mind you it is a 3 year contract)
    2) Buy a rogers prepaid phone and use it as backup if you are having issues.
    3) If you are sending phone away for repairs and you don't use the service in the meantime, you will still be paying it as rogers service is working fine.
    4) Upgrade to new phone after paying termination charges and new device price(mind you I bought the phone just one month ago)

    The rep kept telling me that they do not deal with hardware issues at all( although they sell it). I also told her that when I signed up for 3 years ,I was advised that the data cancellation fee is $200 where as the rep advised it is $500. I asked her why I was lied to. A simple lie to my face was" if there was something wrong said to you,we are not responsible for that"

    I am truly shocked with the treatment that I got from rogers and I have made a promise to myself that i will never ever sign up with rogers for any service once this contract ends. I have already told all my friends and family to shut off rogers service once their commitment is done. Rogers does not give a crap to whatever situation cx is in. They do not understand the meaning of "customer service". I am soon gonna go to media and try to get this report published so that I can make sure that people know the real face of "ROgers"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,160
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm actually laughing right now (no offence) because this should not even have escalated close to that far. Take your phone to an Apple store and if they see that there is indeed a problem, they will replace it on the spot. No waiting. And Apple is VERY good with it's warranty. It's really as simple as that.

    As for how Rogers handled the situation, that's another story.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    What KRZR101 is saying is correct. Technically the rep gave you the correct information on how 'Rogers' would handle it (so for example, people with Samsung, HTC, etc would have to go through that process) but Apple has the advantage in having stores close by. Book an appointment through the website, explain what the issue is and 9 times out of 10 they'll do a swap for you on the spot.

    If you're not close to an Apple store then one other thing you can do is insist on an 'advanced exchange'. This will cost you $35 but then they ship out a phone to you and you ship yours in after. Off the top of my head I can't remember if iPhones are eligible, but just ask and say that your friend had this done.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,538
    Feedback Score
    0

    Never sign up with Rogers -A terrible choice if you are looking forcustomer service

    Quote Originally Posted by DavSar View Post
    ...

    I am (soon it will be "was") a rogers customer for last six years for my home phone and internet and I decided to go with them for my wireless service. I signed up a three year contract with them and bought an iphone 4S,a phone worth $ 700. I started having battery issues after one month and I called in to complain about it. I did whatever troubleshooting they asked me todo with no change in battery performance. I asked to speak to a supervisor but after being rude to me, the rep hung up on me. I wrote an email to their office of the president and a rep called me after 6 days to discuss the situation. she assured that the rep will be educated properly. When I discussed my battery issued, I was shocked to hear the answers I got from the rep.Here is a brief summary of what she suggested me:

    1) send your phone in for repairs, we will not be able to provide you with a loaner phone. It is customer's responsibilty to arrange a phone to use with rogers service whole the phone is in for repairs (mind you it is a 3 year contract)
    2) Buy a rogers prepaid phone and use it as backup if you are having issues.
    3) If you are sending phone away for repairs and you don't use the service in the meantime, you will still be paying it as rogers service is working fine.
    4) Upgrade to new phone after paying termination charges and new device price(mind you I bought the phone just one month ago)
    Welcome, I know this is your first Post, however, I'm having an hard time to believe some of the points below:

    "1) send your phone in for repairs, we will not be able to provide you with a loaner phone. It is customer's responsibilty to arrange a phone to use with rogers service whole the phone is in for repairs (mind you it is a 3 year contract)"= Bring your iPhone to an Apple Store so a technician can take a look. If defective within the manufacture warranty it will be replace.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavSar View Post
    ...The rep kept telling me that they do not deal with hardware issues at all( although they sell it). I also told her that when I signed up for 3 years ,I was advised that the data cancellation fee is $200 where as the rep advised it is $500. I asked her why I was lied to. A simple lie to my face was" if there was something wrong said to you,we are not responsible for that"
    Your Economical Inducement & Additional Economical Inducement are clearly showing on your original paperwork you received web you activate your service.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavSar View Post
    ...I am truly shocked with the treatment that I got from rogers and I have made a promise to myself that i will never ever sign up with rogers for any service once this contract ends. I have already told all my friends and family to shut off rogers service once their commitment is done. Rogers does not give a crap to whatever situation cx is in. They do not understand the meaning of "customer service". I am soon gonna go to media and try to get this report published so that I can make sure that people know the real face of "ROgers"
    First time poster and you using the letters "cx" ?!?!?

    Suspicious... Sorry...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for all your comments friends. I actually spoke to apple and got my phone replaced. They were fabulous with their support and it was amazing to see how they stand behind their product. The purpose of my post was to make other people aware of rogers policies and their attitude towards clients.

    Fritz.. I actually used to work in a call center several years ago and I am familiar with this call center terminology,CX. Regarding your not believing some of my comments, please be assured that they indeed are all true and that is the reason I was shocked to hear Rogers responses.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,788
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Never be shocked at how bad Rogers customer service can be. Between their policies, disdain for customers and the quality of staff they attract, you are best to set the bar as low as possible. They might still manage to disappoint, but at least not as much as if you were expecting more.

    I guess "while we sell the phone, the manufacturers handle the warranty. Fortunately you have an iPhone and warranty service is fairly good through them" was too hard.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,154
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^It's almost worth getting an iPhone just for the support you get from Apple; Rogers could learn a lot from Cupertino. In the future I'd recommend going riiiight to Apple for your iPhone support needs. What Rogers handles on their end, they seem to do with a complete lack of quality control, whatever the reason for that may be - disdain? Lack of training? Not enough reps to handle call volumes? Who knows. Unfortunately, you pretty much need to get everything documented on paper or electronically with Rogers. It is pretty clear that you can't trust what reps say to you whether in store or on the phone. Even when something is documented, you can get some push-back, but at least then you have better ground to stand on. Otherwise, there are omissions or down-right inaccuracies. Case and point, why the rep didn't just tell you to go to Apple in the first place.

    You need only read Hofo for a few weeks to read plenty of other "horror stories" like yours.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,371
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Never be shocked at how bad Rogers customer service can be. Between their policies, disdain for customers and the quality of staff they attract, you are best to set the bar as low as possible. They might still manage to disappoint, but at least not as much as if you were expecting more.

    I guess "while we sell the phone, the manufacturers handle the warranty. Fortunately you have an iPhone and warranty service is fairly good through them" was too hard.
    Bar can't be that low we have not hired you no matter how many times you apply.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,788
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    Bar can't be that low we have not hired you no matter how many times you apply.
    Over a year for your snappy reply? zing!!!

    Why would I apply? I have an education and a real job :P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,154
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^Seriously ircu - this is your response over two months later?

    I challenge you: if it isn't totally contrary to the corporate culture, try being positive, helpful and customer focussed for just one week. By the end of that week, assess how good you feel about yourself. You may be surprised: I bet you'll feel better than you think.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,371
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just seen the thread today when someone replied to it.

Similar Threads

  1. Just signed up with Rogers and have some questions.
    By Sgt_Strider in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 09:54 AM
  3. Signing up with Rogers GSM
    By Locutus in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:46 PM
  4. Just signed up with rogers - will using GPRS cost me?
    By nkouts in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:30 PM
  5. Sign directly with Rogers or Dealer?
    By Ellingtons in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2002, 03:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks