Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PayLo $15 for 90 Days Will No Longer be Available

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omicron00 View Post
    I got a message today that they cannot add money to my account. I went to the website and noticed that auto pay feature is gone. I had to manually add $20 and the next payment date moved to 3 months. I don't know if you can add $15 instead but I didn't see any documentation on the site point either direction.
    payLo Pay As You Go Plans: Account active period is based on amount of funds added to your account.

Active Period for Amounts Between $10-$19.99: If you added $10-$19.99 to your account, your account will remain active for 45 days.

Active Period for Amounts over $20. If you added $20 or more to your account, the account will remain active for 90 days.
    Funds will be lost the following day after the active period.

PayLo monthly plans: You must add sufficient funds within 91 days from your last payment or your account balance will be forfeited.

Payment Date & Account Active Period Information:
    http://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal...formation.html
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $35 / $1 | AT&T PREPAID: .25/Min

Feedback Score
    I am still under the minute-to-minute plan from years ago and only use my phone for emergency or when traveling. Yesterday received the "need to topup" message which was not followed by the auto-topup. A rep indicated because my account was nearing 400 dollars it would not automatically top up and I should change to a different subscription or purchase something. The site would not allow me to top up but when I did so from my phone it allowed me to add 15 dollars which extended me 45 days. The user agreement I read stated the balance would not be lost for over 100 days if it were not topped up but the rep stated "a few days".
    Questions: I do not desire a smart phone nor any of the other phones they offer for paylo, If I were to get a smartphone could I still use the paylo without using the data other than wifi? Could I root the phone and just use it for wifi calls without activating thru VM? I have enjoyed the service and costs from VM for many years but do not enjoy hassles and such hassles could send me in search of a new service. any knowledge or opinions would be welcome.
    SS

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Socal-Solo View Post
    I am still under the minute-to-minute plan from years ago and only use my phone for emergency or when traveling. ...

A rep indicated because my account was nearing 400 dollars it would not automatically top up and I should change to a different subscription or purchase something.

The site would not allow me to top up but when I did so from my phone it allowed me to add 15 dollars which extended me 45 days. The user agreement I read stated the balance would not be lost for over 100 days if it were not topped up but the rep stated "a few days".

Questions: I do not desire a smart phone nor any of the other phones they offer for paylo, If I were to get a smartphone could I still use the paylo without using the data other than wifi?

Could I root the phone and just use it for wifi calls without activating thru VM?

I have enjoyed the service and costs from VM for many years ....
    SS
    The rep was right, you should purchase something with your funds, to avoid losing them.

No, you CAN NOT use smartphones on PayLo service at this time.

You can use any smartphone on WiFi, it would be a good idea to activate it, but not necessary. Not sure how this would work out for placing/receiving calls...

After you reduce your balance through a purchase(s), you should be able to continue using your Minute to Minute plan with no need to switch to any newer plan yet.

Expired Virgin Mobile Service Plans

The plans described below are no longer available to new customers or to customers wishing to change service options. If you are an existing customer using one of these service options, you may continue to use your current plan until the plan is discontinued, until your account expires or until you switch to one of our other service options. If you switch to one of our other service options, you will not be able to switch back to these plans.

Expired Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go Plans (Other than the Expired $6.99 Talk Plan)

18˘ Talk
    Pay 18˘ for each minute you use.

20˘/10˘ Talk
    Pay 10˘ per minute for Mobile to Mobile calls to or from any other Virgin Mobile phone number and 20˘ per minute for all other domestic calls.

Minute2Minute
    Pay 25˘ per minute for the first 10 minutes of usage each day and 10˘ per minute for the remainder of the day.

Day2Day
    Pay 35˘ every day plus 10˘ per minute all of the time. To ensure that each minute you talk costs only 10˘, the 35˘ charge is deducted from your account each day.
    http://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal...ed_paygo_plans

Feedback Score

Thank you.

Thank you for your expedient response and information. An associate had an older smartphone from vm that could not use wifi until it was activated but did not know if that held true.
    SS

Feedback Score
    I have an old flip phone on the minute2minute plan and my balance was up there, too. I bought one of the Android phones and use it as a mobile computer --- wifi only. I've had no problems doing that without activating the phone. (I just hit cancel every time it tries to auto-connect to activate, which is just once each time you turn it on.) I haven't tried to use it as a phone but you might be able to with google voice or some app.

On the change of service ------ My auto top-up was March 28 and it gave me the full 90 days for $15. I remain confused about what will happen in the future. Is the auto top-up gone? I logged in a couple days ago to see if I needed to manually change it to $20 and there was nowhere to do it. Would appreciate seeing what happens to others as their expirations come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal-Solo View Post
    I am still under the minute-to-minute plan from years ago and only use my phone for emergency or when traveling. Yesterday received the "need to topup" message which was not followed by the auto-topup. A rep indicated because my account was nearing 400 dollars it would not automatically top up and I should change to a different subscription or purchase something. The site would not allow me to top up but when I did so from my phone it allowed me to add 15 dollars which extended me 45 days. The user agreement I read stated the balance would not be lost for over 100 days if it were not topped up but the rep stated "a few days".
    Questions: I do not desire a smart phone nor any of the other phones they offer for paylo, If I were to get a smartphone could I still use the paylo without using the data other than wifi? Could I root the phone and just use it for wifi calls without activating thru VM? I have enjoyed the service and costs from VM for many years but do not enjoy hassles and such hassles could send me in search of a new service. any knowledge or opinions would be welcome.
    SS

Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    For auto Top-Up, try logging into your account and then clicking "Settings & Preferences." For me, this brings up a page where one of the headings is "CHANGE AUTO TOP-UP SETTINGS." Below that is an "EDIT NOW" link. Clicking on that link should bring up a window that will allow you to modify your auto Top-Up setting.

Feedback Score
    Nope. When I log in now it no longer shows that I have any plan, and it shows a different phone from the one I have (which they haven't sold for a few years now). Going to the settings tab just gives the option of Change Your Plan, and I'm not touching that. It does still show my correct balance and a pay-by date in June (and my phone still makes calls), so I'm going to give them some time to work out their kinks before I freak out. But I really want to keep that super-cheap plan. (I am on the really old 25/10 cents plan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin man View Post
    For auto Top-Up, try logging into your account and then clicking "Settings & Preferences." For me, this brings up a page where one of the headings is "CHANGE AUTO TOP-UP SETTINGS." Below that is an "EDIT NOW" link. Clicking on that link should bring up a window that will allow you to modify your auto Top-Up setting.

Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    My account was due almost 2 weeks ago. I had received an e-mail message in mid-March that their system update had been completed and the new terms and conditions were effective immediately. At the beginning of April, I changed my auto Top-Up amount from $15 to $20 to accommodate the 33% increase (I'm thinking of reducing this to $10 and letting it Top-Up every 45 days). At that time, I received an e-mail message saying that I had "been unenrolled from auto-pay". However, when I checked my account, it showed I had auto Top-Up with the new amount. On the day that my account became due, the expected Top-Up did not occur and my phone became inactive because I was out of money or something like that. Interestingly, when I checked my account, it showed that my cash balance remained. I did receive an e-mail message 2 days later telling me that my payment was past due and I needed to add money by 60 days from the due date so I would not lose my phone number and cash balance, implying that the cash balance would remain until that time. I waited until yesterday to see if anything else would happen, and when it didn't, I called CS and explained that the expected auto Top-Up had not occurred. She added the $20 (plus sales tax but nothing for an E911 fee), verified that it had been applied, and my phone was again active with my cash balance being what it was before the due date plus $20. (It seemed like it took forever to find a way through their automated system to get to a real person.)

Carrier(s)
    PTEL
    Feedback Score
    I just noticed there is no Top Up "account history". My balance is $57 which seem it must have recently topped up, but I'm not sure when. Guess I'll back track on my credit card. I'm hoping it's still on 90 day, $15 auto. Says next due June 20th, so I should be able to figure out if it's on 45 or 90 day. If 45 I'll stop auto top and buy cards.

edit: Funny, JUST got this VM email, guess I'll use it next time I top up (June 19th).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: A recent system update is changing the way Auto Top-Up will charge your account. Effective immediately, you must now add $20 (instead of $15) to extend your service 90 days. Adding $15 to your account will extend your service only 45 days.

As a Bonus, we're giving you $20 to use the next time you Top-Up. Just enter the PIN number below and you'll get $20 of complimentary Bonus Airtime.

Here's How To Get Your $20 Bonus Airtime:

Top-Up right from your phone or on virginmobileusa.com by 7/24/2013
    Enter your PIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    We'll add the $20 bonus to your account

That's it - your service will continue and you'll stay connected to the things that matter most to you.

Rock on.
    Virgin Mobile
    Last edited by TCAT; 04-17-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Feedback Score
    Got the same email today on both of our accounts, too. It was a nice surprise.

Feedback Score
    I received the same email but have not tried using the bonus offer yet. Has anyone tried it?
    I logged into my online account to check my transactions and saw that my transaction record only went back ONE WEEK. I called customer service and asked to see transactions going back 60 days as before; rep put me on hold and transferred my to something Assurance. They told me this is not virgin mobile and that I had called a wrong number. I explained that I called Virgin Mobile and was transferred there but then they hung up on me. I called again and got another rep; after putting me on hold to consult with someone, he came back and told me "to get a lawyer and subpoena" to see my transaction records!!! I could not believe what I heard so I asked him to tell me again but then he transferred me to his supervisor which hemmed and hawed and told me to wait 24 hours for the record to show up, the excuse being that this is "an updated system". I told him that I had received several email confirming that the update is now complete so how can that be but he ignored me then hung up on me. This is just about the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They clearly don't care of want you as a customer. Is this the best that is available to a low usage customer? I have been with Virgin Mobile for many years and had bought in to the claims of VM has nothing to hide but are they expecting customers to put up with this shabby treatment? What has been your experience with VM on the PayLo plan?

Feedback Score

Virgin Mobile pathetic customer service.

Update (4/19): I logged in today to check my transaction record and it's the same as before, going back only one week so when they said it would be "fixed in 24 hours" was not true. Again what has been your experience with VM customer service? Did they ever do anything that they said they would?

Quote Originally Posted by prepaidCellPhon View Post
    I received the same email but have not tried using the bonus offer yet. Has anyone tried it?
    I logged into my online account to check my transactions and saw that my transaction record only went back ONE WEEK. I called customer service and asked to see transactions going back 60 days as before; rep put me on hold and transferred my to something Assurance. They told me this is not virgin mobile and that I had called a wrong number. I explained that I called Virgin Mobile and was transferred there but then they hung up on me. I called again and got another rep; after putting me on hold to consult with someone, he came back and told me "to get a lawyer and subpoena" to see my transaction records!!! I could not believe what I heard so I asked him to tell me again but then he transferred me to his supervisor which hemmed and hawed and told me to wait 24 hours for the record to show up, the excuse being that this is "an updated system". I told him that I had received several email confirming that the update is now complete so how can that be but he ignored me then hung up on me. This is just about the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They clearly don't care of want you as a customer. Is this the best that is available to a low usage customer? I have been with Virgin Mobile for many years and had bought in to the claims of VM has nothing to hide but are they expecting customers to put up with this shabby treatment? What has been your experience with VM on the PayLo plan?

Feedback Score
    Sorry. I can't speak to their customer service. I barely use the phone. I'm hoping this straightens itself out and I never have to but if I have to to get my plan reset to the minute2minute then I will. Your experience with them sounds beyond abysmal.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I too got the suprise $20 email; I did use it as my 90days was nearing anyway. It added $20 & 90days to my phone. But I can not fint the auto top-up settings to set it for auto $20/90days like was there before for the $15/90 option. I emailed them; they replied:
    Regarding your concern, here are the steps to change your auto pay
    options:

1. Log in on your account using your phone number and account PIN.
    2. Tap "Settings & Preferences."
    3. Tap "Change Auto Pay settings."
    All I see there is $10-$20 options if my balance falls below $5, no auto fill options. Am I missing something?
    Alcatel idol 3

Feedback Score
    I had the same problem. I had to call support to up the amount from $15 every 90 days to $20 every 90 days. Reps claimed that Web site access to change this is not available because of "changing to the new system". I think this is just an excuse to raise rates and maximize revenue by limiting customer choices. If the available choices are still competitive and customer service is not rude it may be OK; otherwise there could be mass exodus to other more competitive carrier. At the moment, PlatinumTel looked pretty good compared to VM in terms of pay as you go plans, but sometimes you don't know until you actually try each one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast