Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 4 with Straight Talk T-Mobile

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Nexus 4 with Straight Talk T-Mobile

Straight Talk insists I have to go with AT&T on the Nexus 4 because of the micro SIM slot on the phone. When I ask them if I can't just cut down the regular T-Mobile SIM, I get no response. Surely this would work, wouldn't it?

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by olc View Post
    Straight Talk insists I have to go with AT&T on the Nexus 4 because of the micro SIM slot on the phone. When I ask them if I can't just cut down the regular T-Mobile SIM, I get no response. Surely this would work, wouldn't it?
    Yes, of course it will. Don't believe ST customer service. They often lie, but more often, they simply don't know. They don't get enough training most likely.

Feedback Score
    I would use T-Mobile because you will get faster data speed if in a HSPA+42 area and when they activate their LTE it will be compatible with the nexus 4. I'm using my nexus 4 on att Sim right now but I am going to be switching to the T-Mobile Sim when my service is due.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Coverage = AT&T

Speed = T-Mobile

Yes, for some of you the opposite is true. This is the general rule.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drivethrurecfan View Post
    I would use T-Mobile because you will get faster data speed if in a HSPA+42 area and when they activate their LTE it will be compatible with the nexus 4. I'm using my nexus 4 on att Sim right now but I am going to be switching to the T-Mobile Sim when my service is due.
    I just got confirmation from Google Play my 16GB Nexus 4 has shipped with UPS Tracking, I bought a sim puncher off eBay, AT&T sim, T-MO's signal in my locations has a lot to be desired. Is there any deviation of the APN compare to ST standard APN settings.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If you use Google Voice, you want the AT&T SIM as T-mobile's prepaid SIMs do not allow conditional call forwarding.
    Nexus 5 rooted with ST AT&T LTE SIM & full Google Voice integration

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
    If you use Google Voice, you want the AT&T SIM as T-mobile's prepaid SIMs do not allow conditional call forwarding.
    With the right T-Mobile MVNO you can get call forwarding. I use it with Google voice now.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Nexus 4 with Straight Talk T-Mobile

I'm using the Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM in my Nexus 4 and haven't had any problems but way faster data lol. I used a SIM cutter off Amazon to covert the SIM. My advice is to keep the scraps in case you need them. Oh, and be REALLY careful cutting the SIM, I almost nicked the readable part of it (I don't remember what it's called).

Quote Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
    True, but if people are calling your Google Voice number instead of your "real" phone number then conditional call forwarding is a non-issue.
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Is there any deviation of the APN compare to ST standard APN settings.
    there would be no reason for the settings to be differnet. so they really do ship those things!!!!!

Phones
    Nexus 4 / Z Ultra
    Nexus 4
    Z Ultra
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    If you have a fairly steady hand, using a free template and scissors/xacto type knife is fairly easy. I cut down a TMO sim and finished it off with GF's nail file... The contact area is large enough to allow for a decent margin of error, so don't be too paranoid (I was and breathed a huge sigh of relief when it worked). Just make sure to err on the side of it being too large after the first cut, then trim it down from there. +1 for Going with TMO if the coverage works for you. I switched from the tmo sim to att and my speeds were halved; though I will say real world speeds for what I do seem to be the same.

Feedback Score
    I too got a launch date N4 and used an Ebay sim punch with no issues.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    there would be no reason for the settings to be differnet. so they really do ship those things!!!!!
    Yep, mine's is in KY right now, 2nd day delivery is 3 day to Hawaii

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just got confirmation from Google Play my 16GB Nexus 4 has shipped with UPS Tracking, I bought a sim puncher off eBay, AT&T sim, T-MO's signal in my locations has a lot to be desired. Is there any deviation of the APN compare to ST standard APN settings.
    I bought mine 27 minutes after you bought yours. I hope that means mine is close to shipping too. There was a change made to the date in Google Wallet a couple of days ago, with no explantion, and I hope that doesn't indicate some issue with my order. But who knows how many were sold between our two order times?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I bought mine 27 minutes after you bought yours. I hope that means mine is close to shipping too. There was a change made to the date in Google Wallet a couple of days ago, with no explantion, and I hope that doesn't indicate some issue with my order. But who knows how many were sold between our two order times?
    I think you're inline next, I had the same situation, the pending charge in my CC appeared, then dissapeared several times, Google Wallet's date changed several time. I called CS Friday morning to inquire, was informed that pending charged meant making sure there's still funds in the account. IDK if it has any bearing that my order got elevated because sooner than later, I got this email.
    Your's is on the way, I hope.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think you're inline next, I had the same situation, the pending charge in my CC appeared, then dissapeared several times, Google Wallet's date changed several time. I called CS Friday morning to inquire, was informed that pending charged meant making sure there's still funds in the account. IDK if it has any bearing that my order got elevated because sooner than later, I got this email.
    Your's is on the way, I hope.
    No CC hold yet/ The date in Google Wallet changed from 11/27 to 12/6 for no apparent reason. It's stunning how much Google has botched this whole release. Trying to get useful ifo from their Device support is useless. They need to acquire a company that does this - sell physical items online.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast