Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of T-Mobile MVNO Services and Options

Feedback Score
    Add Telcel America, another America Movil company. Hablas Espanol?

Carrier
    Tmobile Pay As You Go
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartBB10 View Post

With 30MB plans that you guys mentioned a few times, it is still as good as nothing data. It is not even worth relying on. But it is pretty sad that even with $50/mo plan ($45 for HSN customers) it is still only 100MB at 4G. mobile-service_p-6887238_xp.aspx[/url]
    Yes sad for us. My guess is that the pricing/data allowance is setup like this for the up sell at the POS to the 60/70 plans in M4G. Think about it. For extra 10/20 bucks you get a whopping 1.9GB/4.9GB of extra data. Makes it sound like a great deal. Problem is I don't use or need that much data nor unlimited textiing calling so no upsell from me yet.

If one is a data user, with over moderate talk, I think Value plan would be a much better fit, at least it has M2M. It is $45 and has 2GB of 4G and all those extras, (sadly, extras like taxes..)
    The value plan you mentioned is 500 mins. At 45 bucks with your discount it is a no brainer if it fits your usage and you are ok with 2-year agreement as I am assumming value plans need 2-year locks

Phones
    Blackberry Z30 / STA100-5
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier
    AT&T 08-2007, T-Mo 2001-2007
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop-Chop View Post
    Yes sad for us. My guess is that the pricing/data allowance is setup like this for the up sell at the POS to the 60/70 plans in M4G. Think about it. For extra 10/20 bucks you get a whopping 1.9GB/4.9GB of extra data. Makes it sound like a great deal. Problem is I don't use or need that much data nor unlimited textiing calling so no upsell from me yet.

The value plan you mentioned is 500 mins. At 45 bucks with your discount it is a no brainer if it fits your usage and you are ok with 2-year agreement as I am assumming value plans need 2-year locks

Yes, sadly even the Value Plans require 2 year contracts, I always thought it did not, but apparently it does.
    For my case, I have been getting offers to upgrade my plan to value and get 1 month free, but like I said without much need, and having to pay a lot of FCC/Gov taxes and Sales Tax which will be easily $10-$12 extra, even $44.99/mo plan will end up costing high.

The biggest benefit of the $50 Monthly 4G is the benefit if Unl talk and Text.

Phones
    Blackberry Z30 / STA100-5
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier
    AT&T 08-2007, T-Mo 2001-2007
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maestroteague View Post
    Couple of addition / corrections.
    Also on ST, you can only get the $30 plan with 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, 30MB data if you buy one of the ST branded phones at Walmart, all dumb phones, and I'm not sure how many of them are on tmobile. However, on ST, you can bring your own device and use ST with tmobile BYOD sim, and get the $45 plan that includes unlimited talk, unlimited text, and "unlimited" data that is not really unlimited, but many of the tmobile sim users report using 3-5GB without any problems, some even up to 20GB. I'm on the AT&T side of ST, but read this tmobile forum because my wife is on the $30 Walmart plan.
    So there is no chance of getting the $30/1000min with ST by BYO T-Mo Device? Is the service locked to that device, I mean can't we just buy a $20 phone and then sell it on ebay or let someone else use it later, then slip the Sim in our T-Mo phone?

Quote Originally Posted by richardho View Post
    The '3G/4G smartphone signal strength' map is very misleading. Some areas (specifically SW Colorado where I live) that are shown in dark green, change to yellow 2G when you drill down to smaller scale. I can only get Edge in Montrose, CO even though it is shown in dark green on the full scale 3G/4G map.
    Which carrier are you referring to? I noticed that GoSmart has this problem, it shows green just to specify they have some type of coverage, but when you zoom in, that are turns lighter green or yellow..

Can someone update my original topic with following:

Note: T-Mobile Contracted plans include unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile.

Arranged by Carrier:
    Name:  Comparison 1.PNG
Views: 1456
Size:  81.1 KB

Arranged by Cost:
    Name:  Comparison Sort by Price.PNG
Views: 1427
Size:  80.7 KB

Arranged by Minutes:
    Name:  Comparison Sort by Minutes.PNG
Views: 1446
Size:  80.7 KB

Phones
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    LG A230
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I really like the sound of that Go Smart $35 plan. I want to know if the data is just full out EDGE, because I could live with that.

Feedback Score
    Which carrier are you referring to? I noticed that GoSmart has this problem, it shows green just to specify they have some type of coverage, but when you zoom in, that are turns lighter green or yellow..
    T-mobile. Any of the "3G/4G Smartphone" maps shown in the original post #1.

Carrier
    Tmobile Pay As You Go
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehazel View Post
    I really like the sound of that Go Smart $35 plan. I want to know if the data is just full out EDGE, because I could live with that.
    I doubt it. It's marketed as 2G in their banners.

Feedback Score
    If it's hspa plus 3g throttled down artificially to 2G speeds, you can force Edge in your data options and punch it up. Tmobile prepaid is known to have an artificial 2G throttle of 60k. Going to true Edge should punch it up to max as very few people actually use it anymore.

Hard to believe that the original iphone was 2G/edge only and that there were once smartphones with speeds as slow as gprs only!

This is a terrific post on the charts. Can additional Tmobile mvnos be added including Spot Mobile (finally in the game with good unlimited plans), Ptel (newly switched over from Sprint) and others.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Comparison of T-Mobile MVNO Services and Options

I was under the impression that Straight Talk does not roam. ST phones activated on Verizon cannot roam, it's Verizon-only.

--
    Sent from my SGH-T499 using HowardForums
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Feedback Score
    Who knows? Originally in 2009 Straight Talk was Verizon native only. They could have changed it since then and there are Tmobile based Straight Talk markets.

Feedback Score

Tmobile mvnos and prepaid divisions in a nutshell...

1)Simple mobile. Best $40 plan because of the 3G and Blackberry support for their other plans..

2)Telcel America. If you are Spanish speaking, this is the one.

3)Tmobile prepaid. Their new $70 unlimited everything plan including truly unlimited high speed data makes them nearly untouchable.

4)Spot Mobile. Most 4G data o any $40 plan. Unlimited $25 talk/text. Paygo with best amounts of data. Longest expiration on paygo for the least. Spot mobile's come a long ways since it was 10 cents a min only, no data/mms.

5)Ready Sim. Great idea. Only need to text to start up a disposable number to your sim. When you're done. Toss. Plans are afoot to make it so you can extend the time if the user so wants to . A lot of potential.

6)Go Smart. At $45 for unlimited talk/text/5gb of high speed 3G data, best $45 plan out there (among Tmobile mvnos). Owned directly by Tmobile so has a lot of support. They're not going anywhere.

7)Ptel. Real Paygo made them while they were on Sprint and they haven't forgotten it. The best paygo rate overall of any Tmobile mvno for talk/text and data.

8)Sola-what? Not my cup of tea.

9)Ultra. $50 plan gives less 4G then anyone else. $40 plan is 2g only. $30 talk/text is equalled or surpassed by other including Att/Sprint mvnos and beaten by Spot. 5 cent anything paygo never materialized. So what makes them different?

10)Straight Talk/Net10 Tmobile version. Being ignored because of the Att iphone but wait, just you wait till the refarm is done. Tmobile versions gives 5 gigs to Att's 2. Which one is better. Refarm reform will change everything.

11) Others, point them out, Tmobile mvnos are popping up every day. Tru.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    9)Ultra. 5 cent anything paygo never materialized.
    Never materialized YET. Hasn't anyone called and asked about it or do we really not care anymore?

11) Others, point them out, Tmobile mvnos are popping up every day. Tru.
    Tru being an international SIM card. Piranha Mobile is also an international SIM card.

The advantage of these two is you can buy it 'overseas' and test it overseas so you know it will work when you come to the USA. Rates are not as low as domestic MVNOs, but they work in US and Canada and elsewhere.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score
    Add Telcel America, another America Movil company. Hablas Espanol?
    I watch Spanish language news in southern California [I don't know Spanish, btw], and have seen ads for them.
    Real tear jerkers. Of all the ones listed in you list post, this is the only one I see advertised on TV.

Feedback Score
    Last time I heard, Ultra said middle of February for paygo.

If I were to guess, the national company that I said was a rumor will indeed come out with a $50 4g Unlimited Plan. Only thing that would prevent them in my opinion is if the loyalty reward that is required to get people excited becomes too large. That would probably make being a mvno not worth the effort.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    Last time I heard, Ultra said middle of February for paygo.

If I were to guess, the national company that I said was a rumor will indeed come out with a $50 4g Unlimited Plan. Only thing that would prevent them in my opinion is if the loyalty reward that is required to get people excited becomes too large. That would probably make being a mvno not worth the effort.
    a d

It's simple (not simple mobile). If Ultra doesn't offer something compelling and unique , it will get buried by the avalanche of sister Tmobile mvnos. They offer nothing worth noting. Not paygo, not unlimited, not 4G data, not talk/text, not international. Nothing. If other Tmvnos like Spot can come from behind, why can't they? Just wondering. Paygo's been delayed so many times I think they don't even plan to do it anymore actually.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast