Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk lost my number... What a mess...

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk lost my number... What a mess...

So I ported from straight talk to T-Mobile for a month (trying out the $30 service...) It wasn't for me so I transferred back to Straight Talk... After having trouble finding the correct pin for T-Mobile, the transfer happened. I made one phone call (to my mother) via the AT&T sim card that I had my number ported to. Shortly after that my phone showed no service instead of home...

Now someone else has the phone number... my mom called it and some lady answered...

So basically what I imagine happened was that straight talk tried porting the number twice or something... regardless now I don't have service, my phone number is gone... so yeah!
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Phone
    Samsung SM-N900A
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    So I ported from straight talk to T-Mobile for a month (trying out the $30 service...) It wasn't for me so I transferred back to Straight Talk... After having trouble finding the correct pin for T-Mobile, the transfer happened. I made one phone call (to my mother) via the AT&T sim card that I had my number ported to. Shortly after that my phone showed no service instead of home...

Now someone else has the phone number... my mom called it and some lady answered...

So basically what I imagine happened was that straight talk tried porting the number twice or something... regardless now I don't have service, my phone number is gone... so yeah!
    Porting to T-Mo
    Carrier =AT&T
    Account Number=phone number or the underlined number on the sim card
    PIN=accessible on your account @ST web
    T-MO gave a temp pin before the port to create, access your account, once its created, you now have your own created pin, the transfer should not have happen without the pin, maybe ST created a dummy pin.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    straighttards. wonder if you can call that lady up and get your number back somehow with her help. way to welcome a old customer back. sorry that happened to you.

Feedback Score

Yeah man that really sucks. If I wish I had picked a new number from google voice instead of straight talk. Because now I'm getting cheap about transferring my number over

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well they were able to get it back (the other lady didn't want the number so I'm sure the number went back into the available pool.)

I had to burn up another sim card though (they're sending out a replacement...)

Fortunately it only took one phone call, was transferred once and the guy was able to fix the issue within a few minutes (not sure how but thankfully it worked out.)

Not sure how a simple port could have been so screwed up but at least they were able to resolve it without too much of an issue... still stressful!

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, what you posted here is the most surprising part of your entire story.

Usually, once ST screws something up, fixing it seems to take heroic efforts.

Well they were able to get it back (the other lady didn't want the number so I'm sure the number went back into the available pool.)

I had to burn up another sim card though (they're sending out a replacement...)

Fortunately it only took one phone call, was transferred once and the guy was able to fix the issue within a few minutes (not sure how but thankfully it worked out.)

Not sure how a simple port could have been so screwed up but at least they were able to resolve it without too much of an issue... still stressful!
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    you right once they screw it up its a done deal. nice to hear it worked out.

Feedback Score

Yeah man especially a number that already went to someone else ? Wow that's like a cell service miracle...u sure u didn't find that lady and make her day to give it up ?

That would actually be a real cool way to meet a hot chick..

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well I think they lost it again... I woke up this morning to inactive service... these guys have no clue what they are doing...

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well the roller coaster ride continues... they got it back and gave me an extra 20 days service... I can tell you if you're going to call, call the tracfone customer service number... much better customer support (they can actually get things done.)

Definitely some crazy issues!

Phone
    Samsung SM-N900A
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well the roller coaster ride continues... they got it back and gave me an extra 20 days service... I can tell you if you're going to call, call the tracfone customer service number... much better customer support (they can actually get things done.)

Definitely some crazy issues!
    what's da number

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    20 days of service wow! they must really feel bad about the drama and anxiety.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That's why I parked my number with Google Voice. Secure number if I ever need to carrier-hop.
    Nexus 5 rooted with ST AT&T LTE SIM & full Google Voice integration

Feedback Score
    Elpido: How did you actually get your number back? I lost my number too and they said they could get it back but had to send me a new sim card. While waiting for a new sim card, I popped the old sim in and boom, my old number worked, but only for a day Once I got the new sim, they activated it but it generated another number for me. I really wanna get my old number back, so please shed the light.

Feedback Score
    Sorry that last post was meant for bpaulson !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast