Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Straight Talk lost my number... What a mess...

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Straight Talk lost my number... What a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by jchad214 View Post
    Sorry that last post was meant for bpaulson !
    Hi, mines at GV no mms, i sent my contacts email info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums
    Samsung SM-N900A 32GB
    Samsung SGH-I337 32GB

Feedback Score
    Elpidio, glad your problem was solved. Mine looks like it's solved too but I took bpaulson's advice and called tracfone cust service instead of stead talk. I waited less than 5 mins to get to them while usually have to wait for more than 30 mins to get to straight talk. I called straight talk 4 times, got 2 new sim cards but still didn't get my number back. The last time I called they even said that I couldn't get my number back ever! But tracfone got it back for me, tied my number to the new sim that they are sending out (something straight talk said impossible). Looks like they even activated it already because when I tried to call the number, it went to voice mail.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    dont keep this a secret. what number did you call? what dept did you talk to? etc.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

What's the number ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I really need to know what number you used to reach them. I tried to activate new service yesterday and port my number from T-Mobile. They managed to terminated my T-Mobile service but could not activate my phone. I have talked to numerous people that all told me different things. I talked with a supervisor that told me to go buy a new sim card. I finally talked to a manager that is sending me a new sim card but that is going to take 5 days. She did say they would give me 10 free days for the inconvenience.

They lost my number too but at this point I don't care. I would just like to have a working phone.

Feedback Score
    I called 1800-876-5753. However, it looks like my situation might still be a mess. Yesterday, I logged on and see that my ST account showed my old number and service end date. I even try and put my old sim card in and bam my phone worked on my old number. Today, my number is gone from the account and it shows my phone as inactive. My old sim card is also not working. When I tried to make an outgoing call, it said that my phone has been deactivated. When I called to check for service end date, it said that I had surpassed service end date. I am not sure if by saying that my phone has been deactivated meant that all I would have to do to reactivate is to refill? Should I wait for the new sim card that they said is tied to my number? Any thought?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrobbins View Post
    I really need to know what number you used to reach them. I tried to activate new service yesterday and port my number from T-Mobile. They managed to terminated my T-Mobile service but could not activate my phone. I have talked to numerous people that all told me different things. I talked with a supervisor that told me to go buy a new sim card. I finally talked to a manager that is sending me a new sim card but that is going to take 5 days. She did say they would give me 10 free days for the inconvenience.

They lost my number too but at this point I don't care. I would just like to have a working phone.
    You can try the number I posted but if you really don't care to keep the old number, then just wait for the new sim card. Every time I called they said they fixed it but would have to send out a new sim card. I'm waiting for my 3rd replacement now. It's frustating.

Feedback Score

Wow they lost my number twice and i never got them back!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using HowardForums

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    see thats why google voice is so helpful. it keeps you from being screwed. so you can live without the number. maybe you can not live without the number. what you can live without is ST causing a problem that effects you and the people that call you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    see thats why google voice is so helpful. it keeps you from being screwed. so you can live without the number. maybe you can not live without the number. what you can live without is ST causing a problem that effects you and the people that call you.
    I was thinking of porting my number to google voice when there was a messy window period when my number was working for a day but I really don't understand how exactly it works. I didn't want to risk trying to port it and it wouldn't work and then I'd make the situation worse or lose the number forever. I guess I'll wait for the replacement sim card with my fingers cross.

Feedback Score
    Here is an update. So I decided to call in to refill on my old number. Then I checked my account online, it showed my new number. I called in to check service end date for both old and new numbers, they were both the same (30 from the day that I called in to refill). However, my old number is not working anymore. Then a couple days passed, now my old number appeared to be a non-straight talk phone !!! I guess, I will have to have them fix again and while my old number will be working for a day, I'll have to port it to GV. I just don't understand why it is so hard to fix a phone number to a sim card !!!

Feedback Score
    Ok, finally, I recieved the replacement sim card today. This sim card has my old phone number pre-attached to it. When I got it, I call the customer service rep and she looked at my ticket and finally said that I would have to wait 24 hours for the phone to work. I was a little suspicious so I call them again hours later. This time, another customer service rep fixed everything. He activated my sim card. Then attached it to my account. He was on the phone the whole time to make sure that everything was working fine. So it looks like there are many incompetent customer service reps out there and you just have to find who one knows what he's doing !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2