Thread: Koodo's $57 plan is now $56

Feedback Score

Koodo's $57 plan is now $56

They've lowered the price on the $57 plan to $56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lol ... Why not 55 $ ;p

But they are no reason to sign with koodo ...

Check the device line up :
    https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html

and check the price !

Virgin and Fido offer great phone @ 0 $ ! with gift card too !

Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Tabador View Post
    They've lowered the price on the $57 plan to $56.
    Wow............ only in Canada do they offer 2% discounts and expect you to be happy
    Compare Koodo Prepaid vs Postpaid: http://howardforums.com/88DFC
    Edit the values yourself on the sheet "Input" and check the results on the sheet "Koodo"

Phone
    Lumia 920
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cedqc418 View Post
    Lol ... Why not 55 $ ;p

But they are no reason to sign with koodo ...

Check the device line up :
    https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html

and check the price !

Virgin and Fido offer great phone @ 0 $ ! with gift card too !

I disagree, if you already have a unlocked phone the network and price are decent. This latest discount will save me $13.56 a year.

Carriers
    Koodo
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Koodo's $57 plan is now $56

I was impressed to see that existing customers of the 57 plan were automatically adjusted to 56.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

New Updated Table

Some readers pointed out that neither Koodo nor Virgin provide Caller Name ID and I called both companies to confirm. So, I updated the table. Also, Caller Name ID is not even available from either as an add-on. However, Caller Name ID will appear if you happen to have the caller's name associated with their number in your phones personal contact list.

People probably realize I am a Fido fanboy, but there sure are a lot of advantages going with Fido's $56 plan over the others. These are the included Caller Name ID, Visual Voice Mail with more messages and message length and Call Forwarding. Compared to Koodo there are even two more advantages, which are cheaper data overage rate and worldwide video messaging.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ry29 View Post
    I was impressed to see that existing customers of the 57 plan were automatically adjusted to 56.

LOL. It was not automatic. Each time there is a change I have to confirm any changes with the 3 carriers, edit the spreadsheet, save it, upload it here and do posts on the Fido, Virgin & Koodo boards.

But, it's Xmas, so I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart.

Carriers
    Koodo
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by eonibm View Post
    LOL. It was not automatic. Each time there is a change I have to confirm any changes with the 3 carriers, edit the spreadsheet, save it, upload it here and do posts on the Fido, Virgin & Koodo boards.

But, it's Xmas, so I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart.
    Thanks for the sheet reference, and your work that you put into it. I was referring to in my post how Koodo automatically changed my 57 plan into the 56 without me calling in or changing it on self serve.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eonibm View Post
    He's not talking about your chart, he's saying that existing Koodo customers were changed over to the new plan automatically. :P Which they were. For the record, I believe with the Fido and Virgin plans you had to manually call in. Telus and their sub-brands really seem to be leading the way.

Carriers
    Koodo Mobile
    3 Austria
    Feedback Score
    For the record: I was NOT changed over automatically. I'm still on the Koodo $60 plan (which became the $57 plan which became the $56 plan). I'm now wondering if I should switch to the $56 right away or wait for it to sink to $55 later this month. I can only have one plan change in a billing cycle and my next billing cycle only starts in January, which is probably too late.

And I don't understand why Koodo did not go from $57 to $55. This would have been leadership in the market - but just matching Fido is not what I would call bold.

Carriers
    Koodo
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dajs View Post
    For the record: I was NOT changed over automatically. I'm still on the Koodo $60 plan (which became the $57 plan which became the $56 plan).
    Interesting. I was on the 60, but they messed up the weborder and put me on the wrong plan (bb vs regular). I called in, and they said it was now 57. Then yesterday, I checked online and it is 56. Tough to know what will happen next. My personal opinion, it won't go lower... big 3 owners wont let it further erode the apru

Last edited by ry29; 12-12-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Carriers
    Koodo Mobile
    3 Austria
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I do see a chance that Fido is planning something for the next weekend (I'd say 60:40). They have seen that Koodo needs until Monday to match, so Fido can use the last weekend before Xmas for a final push. $55 and maybe more data or something that looks good but doesn't cost them much because most customers won't use it anyway.