Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Ptel Announces Paygo Expiry Dates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    915
    Feedback Score
    0

    Ptel Announces Paygo Expiry Dates

    Days:
    $10 - 60 access days
    $20 - 90 access days
    $30 - 120 access days
    $50 - 180 access days
    $100 - 365 access days

    Rates:
    5 cents/min
    2 cents/text
    2 cents/mms
    10 cents/megabyte

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,085
    Feedback Score
    0
    Good deal! Ptel retains prepaid flat rate king status whether as a Sprint mvno or a Tmobile mvno. Good going!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    986
    Carriers
    H2O Wireless - AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is good news!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Sanyo RL2000
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do balances roll over as long as you keep adding new service cards, or does the airtime flat-out expire after the access days are up?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    477
    Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by doom5 View Post
    Do balances roll over as long as you keep adding new service cards, or does the airtime flat-out expire after the access days are up?
    They keep rolling over, as long as you buy a new card prior to expiration.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just to make it clear, Platinumtel had a separte expiration dates on the PiNs. Let's say if you had a $20, 90 day card loaded... You keep adding $10 cards to renew/extend access times.. Once you reach 1 year from the original loading date of the $20.00 card, it expires whether you load additional Pins or not... I believe one exception was to $100 card, which will not expire as long as you keep buying the access times..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_curious View Post
    Just to make it clear, Platinumtel had a separte expiration dates on the PiNs. Let's say if you had a $20, 90 day card loaded... You keep adding $10 cards to renew/extend access times.. Once you reach 1 year from the original loading date of the $20.00 card, it expires whether you load additional Pins or not... I believe one exception was to $100 card, which will not expire as long as you keep buying the access times..
    NC is right. It was only the $100 card which offered perpetual rollover. It's unclear to me whether PTel is going to continue to offer this option or not. I hope so.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,085
    Feedback Score
    0
    The Ptel Tmobile system is new. We'll see. It does beat the previous low price gsm champ Air Voice though.
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 12-25-2012 at 08:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    88
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do we have any confirmation that the new Ptel GSM works in the same way as Ptel CDMA, specifically the "service days" which the cash value is good for.

    The old Ptel CDMA had varying "access days", but all topups would rollover for up to 365 days from the initial date of purchase, with the exception of the $100 refill that was "infinitely rollable" as long as you top up in $100 batches. Does the same policy apply for Ptel GSM?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    Do we have any confirmation that the new Ptel GSM works in the same way as Ptel CDMA, specifically the "service days" which the cash value is good for.
    I emailed Ptel customer support twice about this as I have a large balance that I didn't want to vanish and this is the response I got (it seems like both are from the same rep):

    "Thank you for contacting Ptel. By switching to GSM service, the $100 Top Up option on the Real PayGo plan will not be affected. You will still have 365 access days and once another payment is needed, any remaining balance will continue to carry over indefinitely."

    and

    "Thank you for contacting Ptel. The $100 option will continue to carry over on our new GSM network as it did previously on the CDMA service."

    So it sounds like the $100 cards should work the same way with Ptel CDMA, but I wish they'd also confirm it on the site as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    Do we have any confirmation that the new Ptel GSM works in the same way as Ptel CDMA, specifically the "service days" which the cash value is good for.

    The old Ptel CDMA had varying "access days", but all topups would rollover for up to 365 days from the initial date of purchase, with the exception of the $100 refill that was "infinitely rollable" as long as you top up in $100 batches. Does the same policy apply for Ptel GSM?
    One thing I am a bit confused... Is the "expiration" 365 days from loading onto your account, or 365 days from initial purchase date?

    The answer will decide if I want to buy PiNs in advance when there is a "promotion", or not.....

    Thanks in advance..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    88
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_curious View Post
    One thing I am a bit confused... Is the "expiration" 365 days from loading onto your account, or 365 days from initial purchase date?

    The answer will decide if I want to buy PiNs in advance when there is a "promotion", or not.....

    Thanks in advance..
    If I'm not wrong expiration and access days start from the date of loading. Can anyone else verify this?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    986
    Carriers
    H2O Wireless - AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    Days:
    $10 - 60 access days
    $20 - 90 access days
    $30 - 120 access days
    $50 - 180 access days
    $100 - 365 access days

    Rates:
    5 cents/min
    2 cents/text
    2 cents/mms
    10 cents/megabyte
    So I have a $40 pin, how long does it expire? Looking at the pattern, can I assume that it has 150 access days?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    105
    Carriers
    PTel
    PlatinumTel
    Feedback Score
    0
    @newcronos: yes, $40 is 150 access days.

    @AndroASC: expiration and access days start from the load date.

    @NC_curious: theoretically you must load a PIN you purchased within one year from date of purchase (I say theoretically because this rule has rarely ever been applied, especially to cash airtime PINs, as opposed to Data and SMS bundle PINs). Once loaded, the airtime is good for 365 days.

    @beagleinspace: $100 is a special case where airtime carries over beyond any limitations set to other PINs. I do have to let you know that we ran into problems in the past where the airtime did expire due to a glitch, but that was fixed and corrected.

    Please let us know if there are any additional questions/concerns we can clear up.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Sanyo RL2000
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    I assume the oldest airtime is utilized first? So if I activate a $10 pin, use $5 of it, then activate another $10 pin 59 days later, my usage will draw from the old $5 still left from the first PIN?

    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. $100 Paygo expiry date question?
    By tuscanybay in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
  2. rogers paygo cards expiry date?
    By mqng in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
  3. cingular paygo sim expiry date?
    By doomsdayjohn in forum AT&T
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:11 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 04:43 PM
  5. Fido Prepaid expiry date problem?
    By JustChillin in forum Fido
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2002, 10:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks