Thread: Unlock U.S. Cellular 4G LTE w/ SIM to GSM carriers?

Feedback Score

Unlock U.S. Cellular 4G LTE w/ SIM to GSM carriers?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to unlock a US Cellular Galaxy S3 to work on T-Mobile or AT&T? It has a SIM card, but I didn't know if that meant it works with a GSM network's SIM as well. Please educate me :-)

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As it turns out the Verizon Galaxy S3 just got an update that activates GSM so that you can actually put in another SIM card when you go international (I haven't tried it stateside yet where I have a Verizon signal). I used to have the US Cellular Galaxy S3 and as of a month or so ago they did not push that update out. I am thinking the USC model is actually different and doesnt have that capability... not sure. But unless you ended up getting some kind of update, then no, you can't throw in a SIM card of a GSM provider like AT&T.

My guess is since you posted this a month ago maybe you already tried it?