Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Samsung S380C CDMA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    I tried to order using this link. After filling in all the information, a pop up appeared asking if I really wanted to override the zip code. I clicked on "OK". Then it took me back to the Tracfone homepage. So, I have no idea if the order went through or not.
    Did you get an order number? Use tracfone.com, go to 'Track Your Order.'

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Question

Why can't you purchase a phone like this from TF with WiFi? CDMA is the only choice for my mountainous area.
    Last edited by kerstuff; 12-21-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    This is all that is listed in the book.

OK, I couldn't see the picture at work.

That's the same old language as in the past.

What about in the actual Terms and Conditions?
    It's usually in small print after the "instructions"

Online at the bottom of the page is a Terms and Conditions link. It open the link below in a pop-up
    http://www.tracfone.com/includes/con...conditions.jsp

in section 19. TRACFONE DATA SERVICES, under Access/Purchase Data Services it states
    Each time you access the TracFone Wireless WAP with your TRACFONE’s browser, 0.5 units per minute will be deducted from your TRACFONE ("Access Charges"). Access Charges are deducted in full minute increments. WAP access of less than 60 seconds is rounded up to the next full minute.

That matched what's printed in the papers I got with my phones and what is on the web at http://www.tracfone.com/data_svs/price_chart.jsp

TRACFONE Mobile Web Access
    Each time you access the TRACFONE Mobile Web with your TRACFONE's browser, 0.5 units per minute will be deducted from your TRACFONE. TRACFONE Mobile Web Access Charges are deducted in full minute increments. Mobile Web access of less than 60 seconds is rounded up to the next full minute. 1 minute of TRACFONE Mobile Web Access = 0.5 units of airtime.
    But that is not what the phone is charging.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerstuff View Post
    Why can't you purchase a phone like this from TF with WiFi? CDMA is the only choice for my mountainous area.
    At this point I am still surprised that TF is offereing any phones with wi-fi (or 3G for that matter).
    When the first QWERTY and Touchscreens hit they were a surprise too.

And to date, there aren't many of any of those options.

CDMA has historically lagged behind on TF, so getting a QWERTY using CDMA at all is a net plus, and this make the second or third one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Did you get an order number? Use tracfone.com, go to 'Track Your Order.'
    No order number. The website just sent me back to the Tracfone homepage.

I'm guessing that they don't want people in my area to have this phone. There are no CDMA phones listed when I browse phones with my own zip code. -R.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    No order number. The website just sent me back to the Tracfone homepage.

I'm guessing that they don't want people in my area to have this phone.

But they don't mind you buying one as a gift for someone else.

It's just a problem with the web site. I have been having similar problems recently (I went to check the price on value plan minute bundles and it keeps asking me to login again, then going to the homepage)

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=The_Sweeper;15010539]My opinion is that the S380C is better than the 501C in almost every way. The 380C has a bigger display, better keyboard and a microSD card slot. From what I know, the 380C is a BREW phone and the 501C is Java. Not sure how that will compare right now. Need to get number and airtime transferred tomorrow morning.

Just got this phone trying to figure it out but downloaded a 4.99$ game clicked on it and JAVA POWERED displayed on the screen before it loaded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    But they don't mind you buying one as a gift for someone else.

It's just a problem with the web site. I have been having similar problems recently (I went to check the price on value plan minute bundles and it keeps asking me to login again, then going to the homepage)
    Hey, thanks for that tip. I tried it with Firefox and that worked (was using Safari before). After saying "OK" to the override zip code popup, I got a page summarizing the order and had to "submit" to finalize the purchase. I definitely did not get that final submit page before. So, hopefully that means I am not getting 2 phones shipped to me.

Come to think of it, there several other things on the Tracfone website that doesn't work with Safari, so I should just remember to use Firefox every time for Tracfone.

-R.

P.S. got free shipping and $10 off with the 2012D promotion code.

Feedback Score
    How much does it weigh? compared to the LG500g?

I have a Samsung r455c which seems to have the same functionality, but the sliding keyboard makes it to heavy/bulky. Would this be a slimmer & lighter alternative?

I don't trust the numbers they give out on the spec sheets.
    Answer my own question: according to my kitchen scale the 380c weights 3.35oz, much lighter than the r455c at 4.40oz.

Feedback Score
    Here's a weird bug. Can anyone with this phone confirm this one?

Goto Menu->Browser->Favorites

Now try to edit one of the user-modifiable entries (e.g., Empty).

Can you type the letter "z"?

I can type any letter, except z, for some reason. I can use my z key in other situations (e.g. text messaging) but in this situation the "z" key is ignored.

I found this out when I tried to type in a URL with a z in it.

Feedback Score
    Another bug: if you have key lock on and you miss a call, the left soft key says "unlock" but if you press this button, it calls that number back instead of unlocking the keyboard. You have to cancel first before unlocking the keyboard.

This is can cause you to call back the number accidentally.

Don't they test this stuff before they ship???

Feedback Score
    is this smartphone because i am not. i want to "snap" a barcode things in magazines and get the recipes or whatever.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by debrown6658 View Post
    is this smartphone because i am not.
    No. But it is suppoed to run BREW which would allow better app performance than J2ME.

No reports on available BREW apps, results with this phone, or other information yet.

Feedback Score
    Hey all. Just got this phone. When I have the phone on vibrate, it won't vibrate when I get a text. I've tried fiddling with all relevant settings, sound, messaging, whatever. Am I missing something, or is something wrong with my phone, or am I just going to have to deal with it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Upon further testing, I won't get any sound at all when getting a text, even when I have it set to play a ringtone when getting a text. Halp.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately you are not the first one to report this cattypakes. I was interested in purchasing this phone but after 10 mins of reading reviews at walmart.com and http://www.straighttalkwirelessforum...f=6795&t=84286 this seems to be a software defect.

What's more, I noticed a Samsung R375c back at my local walmart. I wonder if Carlos Slim will bring back the older model because of this rather major glitch?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast