Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Samsung S380C CDMA

Feedback Score
    Anybody know how to make the text function pull names from your contacts when you receive a txt? So that you aren't trying to remember who is txting you by their #? Right now it only shows phone numbers even from people who are in my contacts. My lg qwerty tracfone automatically showed names.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score

Re: OFFICIAL: Samsung S380C CDMA

Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    Yes the phone came from that link. I have prime so there was 2 day shipping. I don't know where the minutes came from. The phone came sealed in it's plastic box and there was no mention of any minutes included I went to tracfone.com, signed in to my account, transferred my service from my old phone to the new one. It said it was transferring 263 days and 1120 minutes to the new phone. The old phone said it had 223 minutes left. I thought it was just a glitch but the extra 900 minutes went to the new phone. I made a call and it now shows 1117 minutes. That's why I said ymmv. Don't know if that would happen with another one.
    Perhaps you mistyped the value of parameter 30, which is where it derives the number of minutes you have to transfer.

Feedback Score
    hey everyone got this phone a few days ago and haven't been able to install games other than the one game from the buy games menu that I cant find its location, any ideas, I have tried a few different folders one called Games and one called My_Games but no luck have both jar and jad files in another folder inside of the games and my_games folders, the one game, that does work is java any pc suite or similar program that might help any help in the right direction would be great

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiman View Post
    hey everyone got this phone a few days ago. any help in the right direction would be great
    Hi wiiman. Welcome to HoFo. If you are looking for help, have you tried the online tutorial? Here is the link

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...C&locale=en_US

There is a link to the User Manual at the bottom of the left-hand column.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    How do you buy all these phones from Tracfone without getting banned by them??

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Phone has been ordered, but evein if it ships tomorrow, I won't get it until Monday afternoon.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Phone
    Samsung SM-N900A
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    How do you buy all these phones from Tracfone without getting banned by them??
    Endeavor, that was 5 months ago, maybe now op's been reprimanded for buying so much devices, what comes to mind is buying and selling @ a profit, commerce in progress and no, you're not getting a job with Carlos, you maybe too honest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Perhaps you mistyped the value of parameter 30, which is where it derives the number of minutes you have to transfer.
    I don't think so. But are you saying I can buy this phone,type in any number of minutes I want, and Tracfone will add all those minutes. Why aren't people doing that all the time?

Feedback Score
    Phone is now $24.99 on the amazon link. http://www.amazon.com/TRACFONE-SAMS3...=tracfone+380c

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Ah, yes, I see now that an old thread was revived, and I thought it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Endeavor, that was 5 months ago, maybe now op's been reprimanded for buying so much devices, what comes to mind is buying and selling @ a profit, commerce in progress and no, you're not getting a job with Carlos, you maybe too honest.

Feedback Score
    I don't think so. But are you saying I can buy this phone,type in any number of minutes I want, and Tracfone will add all those minutes. Why aren't people doing that all the time?
    In theory it would work. But when the transaction gets its final review, it will be apparent that something doesn't make sense. You risk getting shut down for fraud. They are stricter than they used to be.

You can't have a history of adding x minutes and then attempt to transfer more than x minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    In theory it would work. But when the transaction gets its final review, it will be apparent that something doesn't make sense. You risk getting shut down for fraud. They are stricter than they used to be.

You can't have a history of adding x minutes and then attempt to transfer more than x minutes.
    That's interesting. I assumed Tracfone kept up with how many minutes were on a phone and transferred that amount plus some to the new phone. I've changed phones many times over the years and don't recall ever inputting the minutes to transfer. I don't remember exactly how the transfer went but I remember inputting the IMEI #'s from both the old and new phones. Then I had to input codes several times on the phone and then input on my computer numbers that came up on the phone. I can't remember at what point Tracfone said it was transferring the ~1100 minutes to my new phone. I just know it was an odd number. So maybe Tracfone will shut down my phone. I've been using it for a month now

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    That's interesting. I assumed Tracfone kept up with how many minutes were on a phone and transferred that amount plus some to the new phone. I've changed phones many times over the years and don't recall ever inputting the minutes to transfer. I don't remember exactly how the transfer went but I remember inputting the IMEI #'s from both the old and new phones. Then I had to input codes several times on the phone and then input on my computer numbers that came up on the phone. I can't remember at what point Tracfone said it was transferring the ~1100 minutes to my new phone. I just know it was an odd number. So maybe Tracfone will shut down my phone. I've been using it for a month now
    Parameters 0 and 30 tell Tracfone how many minutes you phone has. They can also check with your phones service provider and find out how many minutes you have used.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Parameters 0 and 30 tell Tracfone how many minutes you phone has. They can also check with your phones service provider and find out how many minutes you have used.
    I thought Tracfone was the service provider. I never thought about what those parameters were. Still have the old phone. Any way to check now?

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I thought Tracfone was the service provider.
    Sort of. They buy time from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc in bulk, then resell it to people.

TF doesn't operate any towers, they don't have any frequencies allocated, etc.
    That's all handled by the underlying provider.

I never thought about what those parameters were. Still have the old phone. Any way to check now?
    Usually one of the codes you enter zeros out the minutes on the phone (or on newer phones they send the command over the air).

If you turn it on and the airtime bank shows minutes then it wasn't cleared and you can check parameter 30 (using the Prepaid menu, code entry, *#30)

But are you saying I can buy this phone,type in any number of minutes I want, and Tracfone will add all those minutes. Why aren't people doing that all the time?
    It's not that simple. The value in parameter 30 is encoded, and give the number of days and the number of minutes.

I don't know of anyone who has ever figured out how to decode it or to encode it.
    So you can't just create a code for any number of minutes you want.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I thought Tracfone was the service provider. I never thought about what those parameters were. Still have the old phone. Any way to check now?
    Parameter 0 is a transaction counter. Parameter 30 tracks your remaining minutes.
    If you ported your airtime the parameter values you now have will show zero minutes.
    You should record both parameters before and after each transaction.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast