Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola General Discussion Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Motorola General Discussion Thread

No info, no leaks, no announcements. I wonder if they'll come up with an answer for the Optimus G or a Droid 5 anytime soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

--------------------------------------
    Edit by: FAUguy

Please use the Moto X Pre-Release thread to discuss that phone here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Release-Thread

and the DROID Ultra, Maxx, and Mini Pre-Release thread here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Release-Thread

I will keep this current thread open for "general discussion" of Motorola, but please use the above threads for those specific phones.
    Last edited by FAUguy; 08-01-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    My hope is nothing going forward is reactive in that sorta way. Less is more should be the goal. Less launches and devices in general, but they aren't Verizon dictated and Verizon only so much as broad attention getting launches with wares available to EVERYONE all at once. If it means the first launches of this variety aren't available subsidized for AT&T and VZW so much as retail VZW/AT&T compatible at full price.....so be it!

Doubtful all of this is the goal. Seemingly it's assumed lack of VZW and AT&T buy in on a fully compatible with their networks device is a NO NO, even if you could force atleast VZW to swallow the device through the C-Block rules. I keep waiting for an OEM to get the ballz to do that, but none will.

Feedback Score
    It will probably be quiet a little longer. Leaks are going to be harder and harder. I told you before that security was getting tighter, well they have that tighter security now in place. And Google has been extremely clear about leaks. It is so extremely tight with information now it can actual interfere with doing your job at times (such as when dealing with suppliers).
    There might be a big announcement soon, but not about a phone and nothing that really affects customers directly.

Feedback Score
    I can haz Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD II with:

5" 1080p RGB LCD
    Quad-core S4 PRO
    Adreno 320
    2GB RAM
    SD card slot
    3300mah battery

Is that too much to ask?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I like the "XL" term if they use a larger screen, such as
    Motorola DROID RAZR XL (or HD XL)
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX XL
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Susurro View Post
    It will probably be quiet a little longer. Leaks are going to be harder and harder. I told you before that security was getting tighter, well they have that tighter security now in place. And Google has been extremely clear about leaks. It is so extremely tight with information now it can actual interfere with doing your job at times (such as when dealing with suppliers).
    There might be a big announcement soon, but not about a phone and nothing that really affects customers directly.
    Google to Sell Motorola Home to Arris for $2.35 Billion

Was this a conscious decision from google or the result of pressure from cable system operators?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This seems interesting. Not sure how true it is. the x-phone and x-pad.
    http://androidcommunity.com/google-a...orts-20121221/

Feedback Score
    I saw the XPhone leaks, is that really news? That Motorola/Google would want to release a phone to compete with Samsung and Apple? Wouldn't it be bigger news if they didn't? Seriously, couldn't anyone here have written that article without knowing anything?

And on the blogs people were pretty excited when they posted. I figure the problem is in 2011 there was a huge phone announcement every couple of weeks. In 2012, it has spaced out a lot more, the Galaxy S3 is still the standard bearer (sorry LG, but quad-core really is just marketing). So all the Android fans are desperate for anything.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Motorola's been pretty quiet...

Quote Originally Posted by seoword View Post
    This seems interesting. Not sure how true it is. the x-phone and x-pad.
    http://androidcommunity.com/google-a...orts-20121221/
    If it's coming from WSJ, it more than likely legit.

This is interesting. It's nice to see Google set to use Motorola for more than patents. WSJ says that the phone has nearly reached it's final stages ergo there should be an announcement in the near future. They say that the X-phone will rival Apple and Samsung devices, that's easy to believe after playing with the HTC Droid DNA because it ***** on the iPhone, but this will apparently be Google's flagship phone (and tablet).

I wonder if it will be the slider that was in this patent?

http://m.cnet.com/news/google-patent...phone/57423916

I hope these two devices come to Verizon. The HTC Droid DNA ships sim unlocked allowing the device to be used on T-Mobile or AT&T, these devices should do the same.

Traditionally when Google co-develops a device with Motorola it doesn't carry the Nexus moniker hence Droid, Xoom, Xoom 2 (international). These devices appear to follow that trend.
    Last edited by akhi216; 12-21-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    Agree with Susurro. Google would be messing up big time if something like this weren't a big focus behind the scenes to hit as soon as is possible with cutting edge design.

Something like this needs to be done right and hit as much of the world as possible all at once. Apple sorta release should be the goal rather than Samsung. I think that's the harder part than getting the right device is getting SOMETHING you can convince all the carriers around the globe they need right near day one. And some sorta regime to make that happen the way Apple is able too. I think that aspect is tougher than getting the right product out the door.

I always point this out, but I would like to see SOME OEM start offering every network compatible devices whether they can convince the network to sponsor it or not. I think a premium enough phone that still hits the ground under $1g could surprise, even if it could only be had off contract from nontraditional distribution channels rather than carrier oriented ones. Basically like an every network, extreme premium Nexus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    If it's coming from WSJ, it more than likely legit.

This is interesting. It's nice to see Google set to use Motorola for more than patents. WSJ says that the phone has nearly reached it's final stages ergo there should be an announcement in the near future. They say that the X-phone will rival Apple and Samsung devices, that's easy to believe after playing with the HTC Droid DNA because it ***** on the iPhone, but this will apparently be Google's flagship phone (and tablet).

I wonder if it will be the slider that was in this patent?

http://m.cnet.com/news/google-patent...phone/57423916

I hope these two devices come to Verizon. The HTC Droid DNA ships sim unlocked allowing the device to be used on T-Mobile or AT&T, these devices should do the same.

Traditionally when Google co-develops a device with Motorola it doesn't carry the Nexus moniker hence Droid, Xoom, Xoom 2 (international). These devices appear to follow that trend.
    Nop. That patent news is bs. Thats the T-mobile G1.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jo_Ny View Post
    Nop. That patent news is bs. Thats the T-mobile G1.
    The artwork does not show a T-Mobile G1. The patent was filed in January of this year.

Device(s)
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    All I know is good or bad, I remain a Moto fan because of reception. And a Moto Nexus is the only Nexus I would get.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of the phone at CES.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of the phone at CES.

I doubt that it will be shown at CES or CTIA.
    It seems over the past couple years that Motorola doesn't really shows a lot of "high end" phones at the trade shows. They'd rather just do a full press-release event when the phone is close to being released.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast