Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola General Discussion Thread

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    I always point this out, but I would like to see SOME OEM start offering every network compatible devices whether they can convince the network to sponsor it or not. I think a premium enough phone that still hits the ground under $1g could surprise, even if it could only be had off contract from nontraditional distribution channels rather than carrier oriented ones. Basically like an every network, extreme premium Nexus.
    I agree with this, and so far the only one with that kind of pulling power is Google. It would be great if Google can take a page from Apple with their iPhone 5 and have Motorola put multi-band LTE on the phone (They are good with radios after all...), allowing people to choose whatever network that they want with the device. And considering how aggressively Google priced the Nexus 4, I could see this actually being a sucess on the level of the Galaxy series phones.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Motorola's been pretty quiet...

Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I doubt that it will be shown at CES or CTIA.
    It seems over the past couple years that Motorola doesn't really shows a lot of "high end" phones at the trade shows. They'd rather just do a full press-release event when the phone is close to being released.
    Google i/o would be a good time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    The artwork does not show a T-Mobile G1. The patent was filed in January of this year.
    Had a horrible thoughr about that ideal handset: what if Google took out that patent only to make sure nobody *else* makes the perfect slider?
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Had a horrible thoughr about that ideal handset: what if Google took out that patent only to make sure nobody *else* makes the perfect slider?
    Well with RIM and HTC abandoning hard keyboards that would be a waste of money. Besides, Google's not Apple or M$.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by akhi216; 12-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh and I forgot to mention, Motorola is being really serious about improving their image to consumers. So much that they are actively recruiting people to test their product, as well as upcoming product, and all that jazz. (I'm leaving out a few details.) So how do I know this? I'm one of them. I got a RAZR M Developer edition out of it. Form what they told me, they are getting a lot of complaints about their cameras that they put of phones, so that's one thing they're actively working on.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Has SD come up at all?
    Are there guidelines or specific questions to help you channel your feedback? Do they mention SD?

I'm very concerned that Moto will no longer make devices I can own because Google doesn't want people to have SD storage they can use in lieu of Google's cloud services. I've already had to nix Nexi, so to lose Moto, too, would be disappointing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I haven't heard anything about SD cards. I'm assuming that Moto will keep the SD card unless it's a Nexus device (The SD card exclusion is Google's idea) . Moto is pretty good at that.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

I sure hope you're right. I've always preferred Moto, even since my joystick Timeport way back when. Like the X-phone mentioned above: If it's a GooMoto handset it could be a very nice unit. Only — will it support *SD* external storage?

I won't be buying any mobile devices without quick, convenient, fully supported external storage. Until the industry standardizes and strengthens the mini-USB plugs and extra-stubby 64gig flash drives to fit mobiles are shelved at BB [Don't give email or phone – you will be spammed.], that means SD cards.

The RAZR HD pre-release thread opened with leaks that it had no SD, so Google's anti-USB stance may be making itself felt at Moto.

Plus, Steve led me to dig for this:
    http://www.zdnet.com/motorola-androi...at-7000001715/
    From a comment:
    "That may be the prime reason Google's own devices never have SD card slots then they don't need to include the FAT filesystem.
    "The patented part was added later only to support long filenames and is just a simple hack (I've implemented a fat filesystem). The filesystem design itself is not patented and is ancient and horribly outdated anyway. I can't believe they can still get away with blocking the competition with this. The overall design goes back to 1980.
    "Android itself uses ext4, a modern robust filesystem and no one would even use FAT except for legacy reasons."

Idk where this thread's going — or if it just died – but anyway, it should link somehow to Jasaero's GooMoto thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...art of Google?
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 12-23-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark6 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about SD cards. I'm assuming that Moto will keep the SD card unless it's a Nexus device (The SD card exclusion is Google's idea) . Moto is pretty good at that.

can you tell us anything related to camera improvements?
    are they FINALLY going to include xenon flash, or something innovative (like pureview?)
    thank you

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I assume the x phone and pad would be sold through the play store and not a carrier. if true, that would be sweet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    The artwork does not show a T-Mobile G1. The patent was filed in January of this year.

That patent was actually filed back in 2007 and published by the US Patent & Trademark Office this year. Check here

http://www.archpatent.com/applicants...bin,%20Andy%22.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jo_Ny View Post
    That patent was actually filed back in 2007 and published by the US Patent & Trademark Office this year. Check here

http://www.archpatent.com/applicants...bin,%20Andy%22.
    Okay but the fifth one was filed this year.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I sure hope you're right. I've always preferred Moto, even since my joystick Timeport way back when. Like the X-phone mentioned above: If it's a GooMoto handset it could be a very nice unit. Only — will it support *SD* external storage?

I won't be buying any mobile devices without quick, convenient, fully supported external storage. Until the industry standardizes and strengthens the mini-USB plugs and extra-stubby 64gig flash drives to fit mobiles are shelved at BB [Don't give email or phone – you will be spammed.], that means SD cards.

The RAZR HD pre-release thread opened with leaks that it had no SD, so Google's anti-USB stance may be making itself felt at Moto.

Plus, Steve led me to dig for this:
    http://www.zdnet.com/motorola-androi...at-7000001715/
    From a comment:
    "That may be the prime reason Google's own devices never have SD card slots then they don't need to include the FAT filesystem.
    "The patented part was added later only to support long filenames and is just a simple hack (I've implemented a fat filesystem). The filesystem design itself is not patented and is ancient and horribly outdated anyway. I can't believe they can still get away with blocking the competition with this. The overall design goes back to 1980.
    "Android itself uses ext4, a modern robust filesystem and no one would even use FAT except for legacy reasons."

Idk where this thread's going — or if it just died – but anyway, it should link somehow to Jasaero's GooMoto thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...art of Google?
    Well keep in mind that they knocked out apps to SD in the jellybean OS update. Personally I'd like to see this feature come back, but who knows if it will. Oh and FAT is owned by Microsoft.

On the other hand the RAZR M is really impressive. Only faults are the screen and the camera. Battery life in this phone is pretty amazing considering it's only 2000 mAh. I easily get more than 12 hours if usage, and that's with 3 hours of screen on time, and playing games for a couple hours. Too bad about the screen resolution, and pentile though

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

SD is not about the apps so much, although it would be nice, but it's more about media, backups, and privacy. Keep your owned music and video out of the clouds where you're not paying data up and down to enjoy it. Local backups are simpler and, again, don't incur data charges. When someone else, a friend, the shop, or whoever, must hold your handset a while, if any sensitive personal data is on the SD, then it's NP, just pull it and take it with you.

Feedback Score
    Any truth to this rumor? Razr M HD on the horizon?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...e-real_id38137

I will be in the market for a new phone. I liked the Razr M but am disappointed with the display. With the battery promised this could be a really good mid-end phone. I am not interested in the 5" inch 1080p display, I like the size of my current Droid X2 a 720p display in that size would be perfect with the battery life promised in the proposed M HD.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast