Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola General Discussion Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bharath23 View Post
    Any truth to this rumor? Razr M HD on the horizon?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...e-real_id38137

I will be in the market for a new phone. I liked the Razr M but am disappointed with the display. With the battery promised this could be a really good mid-end phone. I am not interested in the 5" inch 1080p display, I like the size of my current Droid X2 a 720p display in that size would be perfect with the battery life promised in the proposed M HD.
    5" phones are going to end up almost the EXACT same size as the X2. That is the only reason screen sizes are trending to that size. Check the ZTE Nubia Z5 on this page and drag it over.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Mot...X2_id5235/size

It's way thinner, a bit taller, but almost exact same width as X2. Moto will go with onscreen ICS/JB style controls and height could be closer also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    5" phones are going to end up almost the EXACT same size as the X2. That is the only reason screen sizes are trending to that size. Check the ZTE Nubia Z5 on this page and drag it over.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Mot...X2_id5235/size

It's way thinner, a bit taller, but almost exact same width as X2. Moto will go with onscreen ICS/JB style controls and height could be closer also.
    Thanks, that was a useful link to compare the sizes. I am really curious if Motorola will really put a 3300 mAh battery in the Razr M. It doesnt make sense as why would someone then consider a Razr HD. My understanding was Razr M was a mid-end phone. I really like the M for its size. I wonder what the Motorola's flagship phone with the rumors about the "X" phone.

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Motorola's been pretty quiet...

Have no clue about the RAZR M successor. And I can't imagine them adding a 35% bigger battery, the proportions will feel weird.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Any truth to this rumor? Razr M HD on the horizon?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...e-real_id38137

I will be in the market for a new phone. I liked the Razr M but am disappointed with the display. With the battery promised this could be a really good mid-end phone. I am not interested in the 5" inch 1080p display, I like the size of my current Droid X2 a 720p display in that size would be perfect with the battery life promised in the proposed M HD.
    The current RAZR HD is the same size as the RAZR, which is marginally bigger than the X/X2. Motorola may be able to fit a 5 inch screen without increasing the footprint of the phone. But I'd doubt such a device will come out anytime before summer.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

I would question the strategy of releasing a mid-range handset upgrade after so long a silence. To get back in the public eye – and steal back even a little of Sammy's new found glamour – Moto needs a blockbuster top tier hit.

Bottom line: Motorola remains pretty quiet...
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Feedback Score
    Moto only has 2 devices slated to hit the VZW market for 2013. Kinda scary that there is only 2 devices lined up to make it to consumers this year.
    Moto Razr

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Not so scary if both have SD slots and unlockable bootloaders and, say, one's a 6" 1080p slider and the other's a 7" HD tablet with telephony and M-style bezels.

OTOH, if one is an M II …

Oh, btw, do you have a source for that piece of intel?
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 01-02-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cameras will see improvements, but other than that, not much is known of the devices. Who knows, Google might have given Motorola a big budget to play with and they're going to launch 2 phones globally.

And the M is a good device! Nothing wrong with it aside from the screen!

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Yes, true: "M is a good device." No arguments here.

But even a great mid-range sequel won't put Moto back on the map as half-a-year's worth of 'Wow!'–factor.

Could be half-a-dozen Moto devices on tap for '13, who knows, but it makes sense, anyway, that vzw would be backing away because Google wants to unlock Moto bootloaders.

Feedback Score
    well...it appears that google's strategy is so much different that one from Sanjay...
    in past moto was creating many devices with many different form factors, which I think was good from consumers stand point..

now we will be getting same boring iphone-like (s3-like) form factors with no space for any real innovations, and this is what scares me most
    because moto in past was a really innovative company, and I think that now only "innovations" will be regarding how many cores will be in uProc, or how big the screen would be..

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

I'd forgive a lot, if I could just get a truly (not sorta) flagship grade Moto slider from time to time.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I'd forgive a lot, if I could just get a truly (not sorta) flagship grade Moto slider from time to time.
    This, I'm currently holding out and praying for it to happen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I would prefer if motorola innovates in quality rather than in quantity. I would rather have them release one high-end phone and one mid-end phone which share the same base so that software updates are easier. The most important is to ensure timely updates. It is pointless to release multiple phones and not supporting them. Majority of the phones under Sanjay Jha saw very slow to no updates, this alienates customers when one is stuck in a two year contract.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Majority of the phones under Sanjay Jha saw very slow to no updates, this alienates customers when one is stuck in a two year contract.
    I disagree, under Jha Motorola had updates pushed to everything but lower end phones. I jumped ship to Motorola because of the heralded battery life and every time I turned around one of their phones was being updated. The only two phones that weren't low end that didn't get updates were the Droid 3 and the Droid X 2. This is not to say that they aren't doing a fine nob under Punit Soni though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Keyboards are a catch 22. Hardly anyone focuses on bringing out a good one, but they're all quick to say that they don't sell. Motorola has one, but it's on Sprint.

And less devices can be successful, but Motorola really has to start releasing their high end and flagship wares outside of Verizon....which is another catch 22.

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast