Thread: Razr Maxx/HD on AT&T

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Razr Maxx/HD on AT&T

Will there soon be a phone similar to the razr maxx/hd on att? Right now that is what is stopping me from going to att, I need the battery life.

Phone
    iPhone6Plus
    Feedback Score
    They have the Atrix HD, which is the regular Droid RAZR HD.

I'd buy one if AT&T brought over the Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    T-Mobile™: The carrier with the the worst reliability, data performance, call performance and text performance nationwide! -RootMetrics™ Go Uncarrier!!

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
    They have the Atrix HD, which is the regular Droid RAZR HD.
    Not quite. It's smaller, with a smaller screen and smaller battery.

Unfortunately the RAZRs aren't going to make it to other carriers in the US. You could get something like a Galaxy S III and put an extended battery on it, or you could buy a RAZR MAXX secondhand and hack it to run on AT&T. Since they have GSM radios, that's possible.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twbrn View Post
    Not quite. It's smaller, with a smaller screen and smaller battery.

Unfortunately the RAZRs aren't going to make it to other carriers in the US. You could get something like a Galaxy S III and put an extended battery on it, or you could buy a RAZR MAXX secondhand and hack it to run on AT&T. Since they have GSM radios, that's possible.

I have a maxx with Verizon and I cant use it on the GSM networks here in America. I tried tmo and att and called Verizon tech support.

If/when ATT gets something similar, I will switch that day

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    I have a maxx with Verizon and I cant use it on the GSM networks here in America. I tried tmo and att and called Verizon tech support.
    It has the bands, but it's blocked from using the US GSM networks. You'd need to hack it to enable it to take an AT&T SIM card. The most likely place to find something like that would be XDA-Developers.com.

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB, Moto G, SGS III
    Carrier
    MSV 10GB 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Couldn't it be unlocked by one of the phone unlocking services? Or does that not work for CDMA/GSM phones?
    I usually support government regulation, but It is unfortunate that the government over-regulated and killed the AT&T/ T-Mobile Merger
    The best explanation of the pricing nutiness in the industry.
    Why Sprint and T-Mo will always suck.
    The only way to end the pricing insanity is to eliminate contracts and subsidies.
    I want Wifi calling on AT&T.
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Feedback Score

Razr Maxx/HD on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Couldn't it be unlocked by one of the phone unlocking services? Or does that not work for CDMA/GSM phones?
    I'm wondering if it could be hacked. The best place to ask is XDA developers.

Phone
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 GPE, Moto X, iPad Air, Nexus 7
    Carrier
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score

Re: Razr Maxx/HD on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by macher50267 View Post
    I'm wondering if it could be hacked. The best place to ask is XDA developers.
    I don't think it can be easily. I was interested in getting one for awhile and was following the efforts of xda and it wasn't going good... but that was several months ago. If you don't need the Maxx you can get the Razr HD that Rogers uses.. I think it even works with att lte

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using HowardForums

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    I don't think it can be easily. I was interested in getting one for awhile and was following the efforts of xda and it wasn't going good... but that was several months ago. If you don't need the Maxx you can get the Razr HD that Rogers uses.. I think it even works with att lte

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using HowardForums

I see that you use ATT and are in IA and that area. How is att in the remote areas? Do you get 4g?

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    The problem is that it's not conventionally locked; you can put in an international GSM SIM and be on your way. But it's blocked from using the AT&T network in the US to avoid people jumping ship with their phone.

Phone
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 GPE, Moto X, iPad Air, Nexus 7
    Carrier
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    I see that you use ATT and are in IA and that area. How is att in the remote areas? Do you get 4g?
    My business is in Omaha and ATT is great there. I live in southwest IA and am on the edge of the Omaha coverage. If I lived 5 miles farther east into IA I would be roaming on a terrible roamer carrier called Commnet. When I go to visit friends and family farther into southwest IA I cannot use data at all on Commnet..its voice and text only. Basically if you venture to far out of Omaha..don't use ATT.