Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Home Phone BIG PROBs

Feedback Score

Straight Talk Home Phone BIG PROBs

Bought the ST Home Phone apparatus at Walmart, did everything I was supposed to do, and it failed miserably. Can't get my phone number, can't make phone calls in or out. They even gave me a number that belongs to someone named Ernest. Bummer. Luckily I only paid for one month of service. Anyone else have any probs setting this up?

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    this is i would suggest. you go to facebook there is a link on st website and open a support ticket. do a good job of describing what you did and what happened. dont be ugly it will not help. be sure they have a phone number that you will answer. include the device serial, phonenumber of the new device. if you have one that was in port and one they gave you give them both.

someone will call you.

Feedback Score
    I sent them an email with all the info you suggested (I have dumped FB for privacy concerns) but haven't heard from them all day (I did get the standard email saying they heard from me and would get back to me). My frustration stems from reading from others here that they had no problems setting this up. When I went into my account and got my phone number and called it and got some guy named Ernest I knew something had gone terribly wrong.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    then you need to pick up the phone. otherwise you may or may not hear from them on regular email. i use the service and had no trouble thats why you need help now not later. help yourself no facebook then call them.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ? You bought this phone at walmart.how far do you live from this walmart.

Do you have native verizon in you area or a local cmda provider.

Feedback Score
    I called ST this morning and the tech walked me through a fix. He had me use the cordless handset I had hooked to my new ST Home Phone and call a number. The tech could then could hear the error message through my speaker once the call went through. He had me push #1 throughout the error message. Apparently, he was trying to clear the message. I had to call a number 6 or 7 times and hit #1 repeatedly before the error message was deleted and I was able to make an actual call. Strange but it worked.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    waiting did not help. when you run into trouble you got to ask them for help in this kind of situation. glad your are up and running. now enjoy cheap home phone.

Feedback Score
    I went to walmart and picked up the straight talk home phone router.
    I came home plugged it in. Called the number activated it. No problems at all.
    The dial tone is not always perfect but so far NO ONE can tell I am on a cell-homephone.
    I even changed my number 2x without a charge cause I didn't like the #'s given.
    I called tech support 1x to discuss the dial-tone and placement of the device...They were GREAT !
    Maybe if people checked the verizon service map before buying it that would solve alot of problems.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    your the smartest person in the room. your wisdom will be passed down for generations. we are in your debt.

Feedback Score
    "Maybe if people checked the verizon service map before buying it that would solve alot of problems." Actually, Verizon provides a very strong signal in my area and I use it for my cell service. The problem -- which was well known to the CSR at ST -- was a switch issue that could be rectified by pressing the #1 over and over when a call I made stalled in the process. I did as he said and the problem was solved. Now I have very good reception and no problems.

Feedback Score
    I bought one, attached a phone, set up my voice mail ... and now I cannot access my voice mail. The recording keeps telling me I have entered an incorrect password. I have spent more than hour on the phone with Straight Talk customer service reps and they have not corrected the problem. They refuse to help you when you are on the phone; I had to call them on my cell phone and used up more than 30 of my minutes while they repeated the same steps over and over trying to correct the problem. So now I have this home phone that I paid good money for and I can't access my voice mail messages.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I don't use their voicemail , I use google voice for my vmail and I get a text and email with the message. Haven't listened to a voicemail in years.

Sent with the HoFo App
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    I don't use their voicemail , I use google voice for my vmail and I get a text and email with the message. Haven't listened to a voicemail in years.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Aren't most of the voicemail transcripts to text pretty hilarious? I have to listen to the audio for most of mine to find out what was really said.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskiaKatz View Post
    I bought one, attached a phone, set up my voice mail ... and now I cannot access my voice mail. The recording keeps telling me I have entered an incorrect password. I have spent more than hour on the phone with Straight Talk customer service reps and they have not corrected the problem. They refuse to help you when you are on the phone; I had to call them on my cell phone and used up more than 30 of my minutes while they repeated the same steps over and over trying to correct the problem. So now I have this home phone that I paid good money for and I can't access my voice mail messages.
    Type the pound key first then you password. Or Star key first. Can't remember. Try till it works :P
    I will have questions for you.
    Don't be afraid to ask me questions.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Some times the gv transcripts are a little off and on the email you can listen if you want. Usually I can get the jist of what they want and call back if I want.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast