Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LG 840g not connecting to wi-fi?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    They could be using some kind of proxy setup at work (to access the network), and some phones (don't know about the 840) don't have all the config areas necessary for that level of use.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I just bought a Lg840g a couple of days ago... I am able to connect to wifi but have another issue; I get this error "The Requested Host was not Found" when opening the browser... I am still able to get my email; but no internet browser including Opera Mini... The weird part is that it was working fine yesterday... So I decided to wipe the phone clean thinking it might be a setting off in the phone... still had the same issue when on wifi...

The really funny thing is that LG phones are notorious for this issue... from the research there is a fix but I am unable to access it...

The issue that I am having might be associated to this problem... since it is a hit or miss type issue; it might be Tracphone's problem... I tried to access a wireless router (Belkin N150) last night and it was unable to connect unless I specified a static IP address... That is when my errors started popping up...

Feedback Score
    Yesterday my LG840G would not connect to my router. Neither power-cycling nor pulling the battery on the phone resolved it. My S390G phone and computers could connect to the router just fine.

After power-cycling the router, the LG840G could connect to the router. I'm not sure why, but this happens every few days and can only be resolved by power-cycling or rebooting the router in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by 01rs25subaru View Post
    The issue that I am having might be associated to this problem... since it is a hit or miss type issue; it might be Tracphone's problem... I tried to access a wireless router (Belkin N150) last night and it was unable to connect unless I specified a static IP address... That is when my errors started popping up...
    Cheers!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    After power-cycling the router, the LG840G could connect to the router. I'm not sure why, but this happens every few days and can only be resolved by power-cycling or rebooting the router in my case.
    I've had similar issues once or twice with my S390G.

No rhyme or reason to it all. Then again, the phone is cheap and it's better than no wi-fi connectivity.
    I get to use it occasionally, but it's never a do or die situation. Anything real important I'll pay the cost for 3G data, or find alternate means like I did all those years before.

If I really wanted to use my phone as a PC, I'd have an android based phone and pay for a decent plan.

Feedback Score
    Yesterday my LG840G would not connect to my router. Neither power-cycling nor pulling the battery on the phone resolved it. My S390G phone and computers could connect to the router just fine. After power-cycling the router, the LG840G could connect to the router. I'm not sure why, but this happens every few days and can only be resolved by power-cycling or rebooting the router in my case.
    What brand is your router?

My LG 840 has never been activated. I just used wifi to go to ebay and did several searches. Everything worked fine. My router is a Linksys. Most of the problems have been reported with Belkin.

Feedback Score
    My LG840G is currently not activated. The wireless router in question is a Westell.

When the LG840G could not connect to the Westell last night, it was able to connect to another unknown router in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    What brand is your router?

My LG 840 has never been activated. I just used wifi to go to ebay and did several searches. Everything worked fine. My router is a Linksys. Most of the problems have been reported with Belkin.

Phone
    s390g,Droid x2
    Carrier
    Tracfone (att sim)(Verison)
    Feedback Score
    My LG840G is currently not activated. The wireless router in question is a Westell.

When the LG840G could not connect to the Westell last night, it was able to connect to another unknown router in the neighborhood.
    My LG840 is not activated,i got mine at Kmart on black fri. for $30 use it every day on my Linksys router never has it failed to connect

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
    My LG840 is not activated,i got mine at Kmart on black fri. for $30 use it every day on my Linksys router never has it failed to connect
    I don't use mine much. What do you use yours for when you go online?

Phone
    s390g,Droid x2
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    I don't use mine much. What do you use yours for when you go online?
    1.MapQuest
    2.yahoo,for mail,and calender,weather
    3.nfl.com for scores etc
    4.gasBuddy
    5.espn home
    6.MSN mobile for stocks,news.weather,etc just an example,of course not near as nice as my laptop,but is quick
    and easy to use

Feedback Score
    TFUser: By "unactivated" do you mean you bought the phone and never had to buy minutes in order to use the wifi? I bought a net10 android hoping to do that, but I'm afraid to open the box and try it because then apparently I can't return it.

That would be awesome if it works without activating! Will you let me know?

Phone
    s390g,Droid x2
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icantbelieveiha View Post
    TFUser: By "unactivated" do you mean you bought the phone and never had to buy minutes in order to use the wifi? I bought a net10 android hoping to do that, but I'm afraid to open the box and try it because then apparently I can't return it.

That would be awesome if it works without activating! Will you let me know?
    Only speaking as to the use of a phone on tracfone,yes you can use the wifi option without buying min's on the LG840G

Feedback Score
    By "unactivated" do you mean you bought the phone and never had to buy minutes in order to use the wifi? I bought a net10 android hoping to do that, but I'm afraid to open the box and try it because then apparently I can't return it. That would be awesome if it works without activating! Will you let me know?
    Mine goes online fine using wifi "without buying minutes in order to use the wifi." I have never bought minutes for it or activated it. And I believe all Androids have the same capability. Find a forum for your specific model phone and ask the question there.

If you are afraid to open the box for fear that you won't be able to return it, what are you ever going to do with it?

Feedback Score
    I bought the phone recently and have to activated it yet, it's never had a phone number or minutes since coming out of the box.

I believe there are certain limitations to using this phone unactivated. I can browse internet via WiFi using the native browser without any issue.

However, I cannot download any signed applications via WiFi. When I use the unsigned browsers which I have installed, I have to dismiss the "Alert - Untrusted Midlet...... YES/NO" screen that comes up each time I access a new different link. After the phone is activated, then I would be able to download/install signed apps and not have alerts come up.

TFUser: By "unactivated" do you mean you bought the phone and never had to buy minutes in order to use the wifi? ........

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday my LG840G would not connect to my router. Neither power-cycling nor pulling the battery on the phone resolved it. My S390G phone and computers could connect to the router just fine.

My only problems are with my router,too. Power-cycling will fix the problem. Good thing I have my router upstairs and not in the basement how I was going to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoonie4howard View Post
    My only problems are with my router,too. Power-cycling will fix the problem. Good thing I have my router upstairs and not in the basement how I was going to do.
    Logging into my router and doing a software reboot also fixes the issue. You can probably do a software reboot with your too if you decide to move it to the basement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast