Thread: 4G not working on unlocked HTC Vivid

Feedback Score

4G not working on unlocked HTC Vivid

I have an HTC Vivid that is unlocked, has an unlocked bootloader, and s-off. I upgraded my plan from the $15 unlimited text to the $30 unlimited text and 5gb data. In order to get the special $30 plan, I had to go to walmart (the only place they have it) and buy a new phone. I got the Samsung Galaxy S2, and already have that unlocked, unbranded, and ready to sell. The 4G service was working great on the galaxy s2, but when I put the sim in my vivid, I only got edge. I made a new APN to match the one on the s2, but that didn't help. Then I tried resetting my APN to default, and it still didn't give me 4G. I tried changing the network settings to "gsm/wcdma/lte auto" in the hidden networks menu, but it still only gives me edge. I just tried a new rom today but that didn't fix anything. I have the correct APN (epc.tmobile.com), and I tried messing with the hidden network settings again, but still I have no 4G.

I do have some other concerns though. I have already read that using non-OEM software might disable 4G data, but I don't think this is the case because I read that it should work online, and I also tested the sim in the galaxy s2 with the new "cm10" rom, and still managed to get 4G. Last concern is that when I change the radio band in the hidden networks menu, it seems to always switch back to "gsm auto prl" after awhile. It would switch back to default like this on pretty much every rom I have ever used (even the oem rom).

Please give me your suggestions before I call tmobile.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: 4G not working on unlocked HTC Vivid

I don't think the Vivid can get anything except edge when using Tmobile sim.

Sent from my HTC One V using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. I did some more research and found out about this issue.

I just read a second ago about T-mobile "refarming" their network. Apparently it is to make currently incompatible phones compatible with their 4g network. It sounds like this will make 4g work on the HTC One X by the end of the year. Could this work on the vivid too?
    Last edited by krazykuul; 12-15-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: 4G not working on unlocked HTC Vivid

Yes, it would work.

Check airportal.de to see if theres the new coverage in your area.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2