Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

iPhone 4 on Straight Talk

Why can't I get picture text on my iPhone but from iPhone that has been updated I am on straight talk

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Do you have the correct APN settings for picture messaging via the sim swap or jailbreak?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    there seams to be a rash of iphone 4 users having this problem after updating the ios.if on the latest ois the sim swap method is the only way to get mms working,until the latest ois is jailbroke.

Feedback Score
    What is sim swap method

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mel0520 View Post
    What is sim swap method
    Using a tmobile sim to allow access to the full APN settings.

Feedback Score
    I'm having the same problem. I finally took the plunge and got myself a nice used iPhone 4, bought the ST microsim, activated, got my old number ported, and got data working. My phone is unlocked, but I'm sure it isn't jailbroken. And instead of a place to edit apn settings I have vpn settings. As I said, I do have data (did the unlockit.co.nz step). I can send pics to facebook, instagram, etc, but mms isn't working. I don't use mms an awful lot, but it is annoying to know that I *can't*. There are some 3rd party mms apps out there, and I wouldn't be opposed to downloading one of those to use just for picture messaging on the rare occasions when I would like to send or need to receive them. But will one of those work if the iPhone's default mms does not work?

My data settings are the best I can get them seeing as I only have access to vpn options and not apn, and iMessage is set to "on" in settings.

Sorry to the op to jack the thread, but I didn't want to create a separate post when we are having similar issues. And sorry I can't help you with your problem, either. Many, many thanks to anyone who can help, though!

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

To get MMS you need to do more than unlockit to me it's not worth it if you rarely send pictures send them in a forwarding email.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airforcekid View Post
    To get MMS you need to do more than unlockit to me it's not worth it if you rarely send pictures send them in a forwarding email.
    yea that's what i do lol

Phone
    SM-N900A on GoPhone LTE, Samsung SGH-I337 (Back-Up)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    yea that's what i do lol
    Just curious. I went to that site, its normally $50.00, Santa has special for $25.00. Its cheap enough to get all the iPhone potential. Heck, cooter55 drops that much tip when he takes his family for a nice dinner.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Just curious. I went to that site, its normally $50.00, Santa has special for $25.00. Its cheap enough to get all the iPhone potential. Heck, cooter55 drops that much tip when he takes his family for a nice dinner.
    to each there own.not a big deal with me not having mms.if you gotta have that full featured phone then i would not suggest any byod phones.buy a st branded phone and everything works right out of the box.no fuss no hassle.not everyone is tech savvy or want to learn or have the nimbleness for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airforcekid View Post
    This is true, but not everyone will have my email address and vice versa. Do you know specifically if a 3rd party app would work for mms if my iPhone's default one doesn't? Thanks!

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k916 View Post
    This is true, but not everyone will have my email address and vice versa. Do you know specifically if a 3rd party app would work for mms if my iPhone's default one doesn't? Thanks!
    i don't think there is.if it is unlocked that is one less step for you do do to get the mms working via sim swap method.also remember to remove the unlockit.nz data app before proceeding.this is what has prompted others to have to do it over and over tying to get the setting to stick.

Feedback Score
    My friend can't seem to get the APN settings to stick on iphone 4 iOS 6 even with the sim swap method. Any other tips? I hate apple sometimes

Feedback Score
    What site do you go to for 25.00

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h4xit View Post
    My friend can't seem to get the APN settings to stick on iphone 4 iOS 6 even with the sim swap method. Any other tips? I hate apple sometimes
    This is the reason most major corperations pefer the iphones and blackberrys over androids.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast