Thread: LG 840G Ringtones

Feedback Score

Red face LG 840G Ringtones

Hi

Can someone tell me where to store my ringtones. I have transferred them from my PC to my Tracfone LG 840G without any problems, but they are automatically stored in the music folder and I wanted to use them for ringtones. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
    D

Feedback Score
    Just drop the files in the Audio folder of the memory card. Files under 300 kb seem to be automatically recognized as a ringtone, as stated in the User Guide. I noticed on my LG840G that they seem to be sorted by date. I've added about a dozen ringtones so far without any problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie_h View Post
    Just drop the files in the Audio folder of the memory card. Files under 300 kb seem to be automatically recognized as a ringtone, as stated in the User Guide. I noticed on my LG840G that they seem to be sorted by date.
    That is a setting you can change:

File Manager > Phone Memory > Audio > Options (upper right) > Sort By > choose Name, Date or Type

Then go back and repeat it for Memory Card

Feedback Score
    annepani: Thanks for that tip. I was wondering if I could sort them another way and now I know.

Feedback Score
    annepani: Thanks for that tip. I was wondering if I could sort them another way and now I know.
    Remember that you have to set up phone memory and the memory card separately.

Feedback Score
    Just drop the files in the Audio folder of the memory card. Files under 300 kb seem to be automatically recognized as a ringtone, as stated in the User Guide. I noticed on my LG840G that they seem to be sorted by date. I've added about a dozen ringtones so far without any problems.
    Thanks for this info. I did manage to work through this and drop the ringtones into the Audio file where all the other ringtones are. They are all play, however when I go to my sound settings, the preloaded ringtones from Tracfone are there, but not the ones that I transferred across.

Also under the Audio folder when I open the ringtone it starts and there are 2 options at the top SEND VIA Via and USE AS. Of course the preloaded allows me to use as a 'ringtone' but the transferred files will only allow me to send via and not use as a ringtone. That is where the issue is. I have checked to ensure that my files are mp3 files and they are. So I am wondering if there is some sort of code that Tracfone has set in the phone to force you to buy the ringtones from them!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dianarandolph View Post
    That is where the issue is. I have checked to ensure that my files are mp3 files and they are. So I am wondering if there is some sort of code that Tracfone has set in the phone to force you to buy the ringtones from them!
    What is the file size? It needs to be less than 300KB to use as a ringtone.

When you go to Sound Settings to select a ringtone, is the an option for custom, user or browse?

Feedback Score
    ST Dog

Thanks for replying to my questions. I checked the size of the files and they are all larger than 300kb, so I will need to reduce the size, so I will give that a try first.

When I go to Sound Settings to select a ringtone, I don't have the option for custom, user or browse. All I have after selecting Ringtone is Sounds, Volume, Alert Type and Increasing Ring and Vibration.

Feedback Score
    ST Dog

Thank you! I resized the mp3 files to under 300kb and it works! Thank you so much, that has saved me so much time!

Feedback Score
    How would someone like me, who does not know much about computers, reduce the size of a large music file to work on this phone?

Feedback Score
    There is a program called Audacity. It looks intimidating, but if you play around with it, you'll see how it works.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I usually use the editor in RealPlayer (I've got version 15, not sure when they added it) and trim to a shorter length, like a few lines or a couple of repeats of the main riff.

I also adjust the bit rate to reduce the file size further (you don't need 128kbps for a ring tone. 64 or 32 is more than enough).

Audacity is a great tool, though a bit overkill for this job. Sort of like using Photoshop to crop and resize a picture.

Feedback Score
    This is an old thread but it helped me out to add my own ring tone's so thanks to all evolved who posted an answer to this question.
    Bob