Thread: New victims of net10, be careful your data speed will be limited to 150kbs....

Phone
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

New victims of net10, be careful your data speed will be limited to 150kbs....

When you call them to complain, there answers will be you exceeded the normal usage, THAT IS NOT UNLIMITED... This is False advertising.... Your are limited by the speed... And no body say exactly what is limit a day. You get what you pay.....

Feedback Score
    This unlimited thing has caused a lot of trouble, no question about it. I think Net10/ST got in over their heads with this.

Phone
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I just want to let other people know because once they cap the speed , you are stuck with that for the rest of the month...

Phone
    samsung vibrant
    Carriers
    net10
    Feedback Score
    yeah, I've been throttled down to around 200kbps for a couple weeks now. I assumed it was just network trouble at first, but when it didn't get better after a couple days I started running daily speedtests and lo and behold, I had been throttled.

After calling, and then trying to use their dysfunctional and near useless forum, both with zero explanation or help, I finally got a halfway competent CS rep through their facebook page.

They informed me I had been throttled for excessive data usage, and full speed would return after my next cycle renews.

I'm kind of doubting I'll have full speeds again based on the hundreds of slow data threads on their forum. lol, it's literally nothing but one thread after another raging about throttled data speeds.

also, I've been with them for several months now, using between 2-3gb a month, with an occasional youtube video or large play store d/l and have had no throttling or problems in that time. this month has been no different, and perhaps even less active than previous months, so this throttling deal is new, and seems to be network wide. I see people saying they are being throttled just a few days into their new cycle.

this is eerily reminiscent of h20's sudden overnight suspension of everyones data for no apparent reason right before they stopped their unlimited plan. I'm thinking net10 and st are about to either stop their unlimited plans as well, or offer the barely 2g throttled speeds as their normal unlimited data service.

*sigh* there is just no hassle-free att mvno (with more than 1gb of data) to be found it seems. I really really wish red pocket had kept a 2gb plan...they were the best mvno I've tried thus far. I only used them for a few months but they didn't mess with my plan or services, it was an honest 2gb of 3g data, and their CS was actually decent for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by causticfix View Post
    yeah, I've been throttled down to around 200kbps for a couple weeks now. I assumed it was just network trouble at first, but when it didn't get better after a couple days I started running daily speedtests and lo and behold, I had been throttled.

After calling, and then trying to use their dysfunctional and near useless forum, both with zero explanation or help, I finally got a halfway competent CS rep through their facebook page.

They informed me I had been throttled for excessive data usage, and full speed would return after my next cycle renews.

I'm kind of doubting I'll have full speeds again based on the hundreds of slow data threads on their forum. lol, it's literally nothing but one thread after another raging about throttled data speeds.

also, I've been with them for several months now, using between 2-3gb a month, with an occasional youtube video or large play store d/l and have had no throttling or problems in that time. this month has been no different, and perhaps even less active than previous months, so this throttling deal is new, and seems to be network wide. I see people saying they are being throttled just a few days into their new cycle.

this is eerily reminiscent of h20's sudden overnight suspension of everyones data for no apparent reason right before they stopped their unlimited plan. I'm thinking net10 and st are about to either stop their unlimited plans as well, or offer the barely 2g throttled speeds as their normal unlimited data service.

*sigh* there is just no hassle-free att mvno (with more than 1gb of data) to be found it seems. I really really wish red pocket had kept a 2gb plan...they were the best mvno I've tried thus far. I only used them for a few months but they didn't mess with my plan or services, it was an honest 2gb of 3g data, and their CS was actually decent for me.

The lowest priced Att mvno with an honest two gb of high speed unthrottled data now is obscure but independent carrier Good2Go. They give you utnt plus 1 gb for $50. For another $20, you getter another gb. Less then what Att gophone would charge (2GB with them would bring it up to $90).
    Net10 does great on paper, but so did H20 till they messed up.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You guys this is nothing new. You get 2GB at full speed then throttled to .15. You can still keep using data just real slow, so technically its still unlimited. What more do you want for 45-50 bucks a month?

Phone
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Just let people know the true...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapfone View Post
    You guys this is nothing new. You get 2GB at full speed then throttled to .15. You can still keep using data just real slow, so technically its still unlimited. What more do you want for 45-50 bucks a month?
    I hate False advertising,

In the way I see unlimited data is:
    If you have unlimited data at 4g, let say 5Mbps download for 30 days will be so many XXXXXXXX Mbps, but if they limit the speed after 2GB, then they are limiting the amount on data you can download in the rest of the 30 days. So, my friends that is False advertising.. it is not UNLIMITED , IT IS LIMITED BY THE SPEED .....
    UNLIMITED TO ME MEANS ALL DATA YOU CAN AT FULL SPEED.....

They need to post the true about what exactly they are offering on there service....

Happy holidays guys!!!!

Phone
    samsung vibrant
    Carriers
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheapfone View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the 2gb soft cap you describe here (and what has been the unspoken rule for net10 and ST forever) is still a great deal at $45, considering 200-250kbps (what I've been throttled to) is still quite usable for light browsing and downloading.

However, there are tons of reports this last month of brand new activations as well as fresh renewals being throttled just a day or 2 into their cycle. I seriously doubt the hundreds of complaints I've seen out there have all hit the 2gb soft cap, leading me to believe this is some kind of "network-wide crackdown" of sorts, similar to what h20 did when they started arbitrarily suspending peoples data before they had even reached 1gb.

My own case in point...I was likely close to or slightly over one 1gb when I noticed I was being throttled, but no way I was over 2. my data usage is quite predictable monthly, and although I don't set and actively monitor my usage, I do have a built in data counter on my rom I check occasionally, which gives me a ballpark monthly figure (I just never set the cycle begin/end dates so its not a precise or easily deciphered measure)...now, perhaps I used more than 200mb in one day, as I've seen that reported to cause throttling as well, but I'm pretty certain I was nowhere near 2gb when the throttling started.

Still, even with the "secret" caps and unpredictable throttling, at $45 its still a great deal. Unless it becomes edge speeds all the time...in which case it still may be regarded as a good deal by some, but it shouldn't be advertised as 3g data at that point, and that would be my only big issue with it.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

Are y'all having data connection issues. Sometimes it seems like I'm throttled and for a while it will work at full speed but then randomly stop working and then be slow..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Are y'all having data connection issues. Sometimes it seems like I'm throttled and for a while it will work at full speed but then randomly stop working and then be slow..
    +1

Having the same issues. I reset my network and it worked perfectly for couple of day. Complete failure.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Hellyon View Post
    +1

Having the same issues. I reset my network and it worked perfectly for couple of day. Complete failure.
    Yeah it's so spastic it's working today. I hope it stays.

Phones
    Unlocked ATT galaxy SII on Net10
    Samsung Galaxy SII ATT-Unlocked
    Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G -For Sale
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Well Up date to Everyone: As of march 1st the "Unlimited" ATT net10 plan is gone and is capped at 1.5 GB. Sad as there are not many better deal out there on ATT MVNO's but I guess this is the major sucking point of MVNO's. I think i;m going to go back to Sprint but just buy a phone outright and not sign a contract. SG 3's , the BEST are cheaper with Sprint branding and for once will be worth it when you sell it. Only other choice is to find a Verizon GS3 hat has been tweaked to work with pagePlus, who at least gives you 5 GB. I would gladly pay 10$/GB over but it looks like net10 is not offering it. Oh well, I guess we are still screwed in the US