Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Straight Talk 1-year card shows as 90-day when adding to reserve

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight Talk 1-year card shows as 90-day when adding to reserve

    I attempted to add a recently purchased Straight Talk 1-year card to my reserve, since it expires in only a few days. Unfortunately, when I input the numbers on the card, it shows as a 90-day card.

    I aborted the process! Has anyone had this issue? I am tempted to ignore it and just see what the expiration date will be....but don't want screw up this $495 card!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    680
    Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight Talk 1-year card shows as 90-day when adding to reserve

    I would add it and see the final outcome keep the card and receipt if its still only 90 days call support I think Miami is the best but I've also heard calling Tracfone directly is good as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight Talk 1-year card shows as 90-day when adding to reserve

    Add b4 it expires. Keep all documentation so you can call trac phone directly if need be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0

    365 day card credits only 90 days when added

    I called support and reported the issue. I had them add it after confirming that the code was a valid 365 day code. It only credited 90 days for them. They have escalated the issue and noted my file. I need to call them late this week and make sure it is fixed. It's a programming/software issue, in my opinion.

    Funny thing is, I have added 90 and 180 day cards in the past without issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by sat_sonic View Post
    Add b4 it expires. Keep all documentation so you can call trac phone directly if need be.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0
    After another 1/2 hour on the phone, Straight Talk "fixed" my 365 day credit which showed up as only 90 days. They gave me (after I requested it) another 5 days for the inconvenience.

    Then, I tried extending my other phone for 365 days...and it only went 90 days, as well. I have to call them back after the previous 90 day card date expires and have them fix that too.

    They have some serious system issues....and are wasting time!!!

    FIX IT, straight talk!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    820
    Feedback Score
    0
    it seems ST online stuff is acting up. My refill date is also approaching. I went to pick up a refill card this week and when I went to my online account to put it on reserve, the website said my service end date was 12/6/2012, which i know is incorrect. It should be 1/5/2013. Heck, I've been receiving calls, texts, and data over the holidays. I contacted ST via Live Chat and operator told me the correct service end date and that the website would be updated with the correct service end date in 24-48 hours and that I could add the new service card pin# now. I asked them to send me a copy of the conversation. They did. I'll wait and see if it gets corrected before adding the new service card pin#.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0

    Reserve updates

    Good luck. You will probably have to call them, as they don't seem efficient in correcting stuff unless you are on the phone with them for a 1/2 hour or more each incident.

    Apparently, there is a glitch in the programming for their reserve system, and it was not corrected in 2+ weeks after I first called their attention to it. Imagine....buying a 1 year card and getting credit for 90 days. Should be a 10-minute programming fix.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,969
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    where did you buy you card from.or did you just purchase a pin.

    This is the very reason many of us only but 30 day service card one at a time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0

    365 day card

    This was a 365 day (1 year) card purchased at Wal-Mart in GA for $495, no ta

    Saved me $45 right off the bat plus the $.75 fee normally assessed each month on the 30 day cards.

    (Plus 5 extra days over 12 X 30 day cards)

    First card issue was resolved, will have to call on second one after original expiration date to extend from 90 day to 365 day. It will be done, but will take some time.

    I really don't have the time to dink around each month adding 30 day cards when I can do it all and forget about it. (At least in theory....since I shouldn't have to call in and fix their computer glitch)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,377
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight Talk 1-year card shows as 90-day when adding to reserve

    .75 cents a month fee ? I didn't know that...bastids...but that's pretty sweet that they gave u 5 days...this is a common issue and I don't recall anyone else getting any compensation. Noice.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    3,417
    Phone
    Samsung SM-N900A
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi300 View Post
    This was a 365 day (1 year) card purchased at Wal-Mart in GA for $495, no ta

    Saved me $45 right off the bat plus the $.75 fee normally assessed each month on the 30 day cards.

    (Plus 5 extra days over 12 X 30 day cards)

    First card issue was resolved, will have to call on second one after original expiration date to extend from 90 day to 365 day. It will be done, but will take some time.

    I really don't have the time to dink around each month adding 30 day cards when I can do it all and forget about it. (At least in theory....since I shouldn't have to call in and fix their computer glitch)
    We're hoping that you are not in the category where ST labels EXCESSIVE USER, or else your 365 day goes "puff" (meaning ST can terminate the services, its their discretion.) Just a friendly reminder from the neighborhood. cooter55 is our TOS expert.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,969
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    yes this is true,they can and have from previous theads on here terminate servce.

    The reason i ask where you bought you service card from is to keep that reciept.that way if st dont honor it for any reason other than violation of the tos you can get walmart involved and get the situation resolved through them.st cutomer service is hit and miss.i have never had the pleasure of speaking with one but i am just a casual phone usere lol.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The West Coast of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,569
    Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    0
    It is probable that ST takes into account your longevity with their service (and the $$ you have spent) when deciding what is excessive. That's probably why new users who use a ton of data get terminated, and other Hofo posters who have used ST for months and months report being able to use more data without any issues.

    I'd be surprised if ST terminated anyone who had a 1 year plan, but if they did, a small claims lawsuit would probably result in an apologetic phone call and refund check.

    ST's TOS are written in such a way that most courts would probably find the entire agreement illusory. They essentially agree to take your money and to provide you with service "if they feel like it." Illusory contracts are not enforceable.

    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_promise)

    Even if not illusory, the provision allowing them to cancel your service and keep your money would also likely be unconscionable, and thus unenforceable.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconscionable

    The provisions in their TOS allowing them to keep your money and provide no service would likely be unenforceable (along with the arbitration clause) for both of these reasons.

    If your State doesn't have a convenient small claims court, you could initiate arbitration under the wireless service rules with the American Arbitration Association.

    The procedure is explained here:

    http://www.adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_004320

    As it explains, you always have the option of small claims court instead of arbitration.

    You fill out a simple form (which you can download from their web-site) and pay a $125 filing fee and then ST would have to pay a minimum of $875 in arbitration fees just to fight the case. If you make less than 3 times the federal poverty limit and you live in California, your fee is waived. ST would likely make the smart choice and just send you back your money.

    Here's the form:

    http://www.adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_015820


    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    We're hoping that you are not in the category where ST labels EXCESSIVE USER, or else your 365 day goes "puff" (meaning ST can terminate the services, its their discretion.) Just a friendly reminder from the neighborhood. cooter55 is our TOS expert.
    Last edited by Endeavor; 01-04-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

    I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight Talk card fee in Georgia

    In Georgia, the 911 fee on a Straight Talk card is $.75. It doesn't matter what the increment is. It's the same $.75 on a 30 day, 90 day, 180 day and 1 year cards.There is no sales tax in Georgia, either. In Alabama, it ranges from 8.5% to 10% depending where you live.

    Paying in multiple 30 day increments saves $$$.....

    All Straight Talk has to do is fix their computer system so the reserve system properly recognizes the card period instead of assuming an incorrect increment. Simple, basic programming.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,969
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    It is probable that ST takes into account your longevity with their service (and the $$ you have spent) when deciding what is excessive. That's probably why new users who use a ton of data get terminated, and other Hofo posters who have used ST for months and months report being able to use more data without any issues.

    I'd be surprised if ST terminated anyone who had a 1 year plan, but if they did, a small claims lawsuit would probably result in an apologetic phone call and refund check.

    ST's TOS are written in such a way that most courts would probably find the entire agreement illusory. They essentially agree to take your money and to provide you with service "if they feel like it." Illusory contracts are not enforceable.

    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_promise)

    Even if not illusory, the provision allowing them to cancel your service and keep your money would also likely be unconscionable, and thus unenforceable.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconscionable

    The provisions in their TOS allowing them to keep your money and provide no service would likely be unenforceable (along with the arbitration clause) for both of these reasons.

    If your State doesn't have a convenient small claims court, you could initiate arbitration under the wireless service rules with the American Arbitration Association.

    The procedure is explained here:

    http://www.adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_004320

    As it explains, you always have the option of small claims court instead of arbitration.

    You fill out a simple form (which you can download from their web-site) and pay a $125 filing fee and then ST would have to pay a minimum of $875 in arbitration fees just to fight the case. If you make less than 3 times the federal poverty limit and you live in California, your fee is waived. ST would likely make the smart choice and just send you back your money.

    Here's the form:

    http://www.adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_015820
    and there you have it folks.but the thing is i have yet to see on here anyone file any such lawsuit and if they did what become of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 01:38 PM
  2. For Sale: 2x $45 Straight Talk Unlimited Refill Card
    By scoutconnor in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 02:15 AM
  3. Straight Talk Unlocked Sim Card
    By PhoneCreator123 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
  4. Sold: 3x $45 Straight Talk Unlimited Refill Card
    By greenstuffs in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
  5. Canadian HTC Legend, with Straight Talk E71 SIM card.
    By TheBigChill in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks