Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Phone blacklisting

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Phone blacklisting

does t-mobile blacklist imei's for accounts on a regular 2 year contract, non-EIP, where you just let them go and dont pay the bill? I am going to be switching to family mobile and dont want to end up with a blacklisted mytouch q because im giving that to my wife

Feedback Score
    What does it mean if your phone IMEI is blacklisted? What are the symptoms? How would you discover that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: T-Mobile Phone blacklisting

It will constantly say no service or searching for signal.

Will never lock on the tower

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMRocks View Post
    does t-mobile blacklist imei's for accounts on a regular 2 year contract, non-EIP, where you just let them go and dont pay the bill? I am going to be switching to family mobile and dont want to end up with a blacklisted mytouch q because im giving that to my wife
    I haven't seen any reports of non-EIP devices being blacklisted just because someone ETF'd. You should be fine.

Phone
    GN3|S4|One|iPhone5S
    Feedback Score
    I think ATT/TMo only blacklist if you report the phone stolen/lost or just don't pay the bills
    T-Mobile™: The carrier with the the worst reliability, data performance, call performance and text performance nationwide! -RootMetrics™ Go Uncarrier!!

Phone History (from 2011): Galaxy Note 3, GS4, HTC One, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, XPERIA Z, GNII (x3), Nexus 4, Optimus G, Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GSIII (x2), One X, Galaxy Nexus, Lumia 900, GSII Skyrocket, GSII

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
    I think ATT/TMo only blacklist if you report the phone stolen/lost or just don't pay the bills
    i was planning on not paying the bill

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMRocks View Post
    i was planning on not paying the bill
    You mean not pay the reoccurring monthly bill altogether? Or not pay the ETF after you cancel?

Feedback Score
    porting out and not paying last months bill or etf

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Dang dude... if you signed a contract and made a commitment, then pay your bill. It will come back to haunt you if you don't.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Joplin T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    cant afford too right now. it was either pay rent or pay tmobile and rent wins

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Understood... but call them to see if something can be worked out. Defaulting ain't pretty.

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    LG Motion MS770
    Carrier
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (i0wnj00: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote Originally Posted by Joplin T-Mobile
    Understood... but call them to see if something can be worked out. Defaulting ain't pretty.
    I think unpaid bills will eventually goto collections, thats when your credit gets trashed and the calls start and letters coming in.

Feedback Score
    Im not worried about my credit Im more worried about the device not getting blacklisted seeing how its mine and I paid for it.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joplin T-Mobile View Post
    Dang dude... if you signed a contract and made a commitment, then pay your bill. It will come back to haunt you if you don't.

If you signed a contract, then the provider can blacklist I would imagine for non payment. It should be expected. You used the service, and you need to pay for it. This happens on CDMA providers all the time. Once the bill is paid, it usually is released. I know that Verizon works this way. I would imagine that T-Mobile would operate in a similar manner.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Phone
    GN3|S4|One|iPhone5S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    If you signed a contract, then the provider can blacklist I would imagine for non payment. It should be expected. You used the service, and you need to pay for it. This happens on CDMA providers all the time. Once the bill is paid, it usually is released. I know that Verizon works this way. I would imagine that T-Mobile would operate in a similar manner.
    This. Even if OP paid full price for it. OP signed a contract and it will probably get blacklisted.

That being said, OP made a thread about getting a new iPhone on contract with AT&T. Maybe he should pay his T-Mobile bill before getting an iPhone. Sounds like his priorities are complete whack IMO. Is an iPhone really that important that you will ignore T-Mo and ruin your credit to get a "god phone"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast