Thread: using HTC inspire with straight talk SIM card but phone has no internet or MMS

Feedback Score

using HTC inspire with straight talk SIM card but phone has no internet or MMS

I just switched my phone to straight talk HTC inspire and bought the sim card that I was told to buy but my phone has no internet nor does it receive or send picture messages..I have tried multiple times the APN settings and nothing is working..All I get is an E with arrows at the bottom for the internet at the top of the phone..Any help will greatly be appreciated..Please explain yourself in detail since I am not to phone smart..Thanks again to all..

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: using HTC inspire with straight talk SIM card but phone has no internet or MMS

The easiest way to setup the Inspire is to download an app called Tweakker from the Play store while on a WiFi connection and run the app. It will install all the correct apn settings for you. After that everything will work. As for the E at the top, that indicates that you are are on Edge network or 2g. You may have poor coverage where you are. This is all assuming you are using an Att sim and not a T-Mobile.

Sent from my HTC One V using HowardForums

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Zmk76 is correct, the E is Edge, this happens either as Zmk76 suggested, other scenario would be OP is using an unlock AT&T phone with ST TMO sim card. There's no mention which sim card OP is using. Tweakker APN app, last time I check while back only works up to Gingerbread unless its been updated. Also it takes a little longer for ST to provision the sim for data, mms is data. Voice and text works right away. Good luck and hope you find ST is right for you.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    more details please what sim are you using tmo or att.

Feedback Score
    I called straight talk and they sent me a replacement Sim. Im starting to think that the Sim is for Tmobile because I just went ahead and added the Tmobile apn and the phone now is getting mms but the internet still has the E. So i'm thinking that they sent me a Tmobile Sim which is not what I need so I will have to call them to get the right one sent unless they can do something over the phone to fix it which I doubt

Feedback Score
    I posted a reply..see what you think. Thank you

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    yeap you solved your own problem.if tmo weak in your area it will only show an E.tmo and att apn setting are different.the att sim should square you away lol.