Thread: auto-refill disenrollment & cancelled

Feedback Score

auto-refill disenrollment & cancelled

I enrolled in auto-refill about 10 months ago and have been using it without problem since then until today.

I received two emails
    one noting
    Thank you for being a Straight Talk customer. We have processed your disenrollment from the Auto-Refill program as you requested. Your credit card will not be charged next month
    and the other noting
    We regret to inform you that your Auto-Refill enrollment has been cancelled

I called support and they said there was a problem on their end. The support person then asked if I would like to re-enroll. I said yes.

I thought their technical support handled the problem well (although I don't know what caused the problem).
    The support number also has a nice feature where you can leave a call back number so you don't have to wait 20 minutes on hold.

A simpler way to handle this problem would be to log into your account and re-enable auto-refill.

As a side note, I was also having a problem with too many text messages reminding me about my auto-refill next month (that was about a week ago).
    Others have noted that here http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ht=auto-refill

Feedback Score

That was your way out man ...the powers that be decided to free you from the wraith of ST's autobill...but you went running back.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    That was your way out man ...the powers that be decided to free you from the wraith of ST's autobill...but you went running back.
    Got out of that damn auto refill awhile back. They catch you when you sign up, gotta call CS if you want out, no place on their web allows you opt out. Here comes the caveat, ya and but, gotta remember when time to refill. I think the 90 days card from WM is sufficient.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    and the opposing view:

I LOVE auto-refill. Don't have to worry about remembering to pay both mine and my wife's cell phone bills. I get a discount on my monthly bill. It's great.

Yes, you have to CALL if you want to cancel auto-refill. It should be something you can take care of on the website. I'm not saying Straight Talk is a well-run company. But I like the auto-refill option especially since I signed up both my accounts (wife's too) when they were offering a perpetual discount for using auto-refill. I heard they started that discount again, but don't know if it's still going now.

Auto-refill saves me time and money.

And please no rants about jumping through hoops with an Oregon mail address to save taxes, blah, blah, blah. Auto-refill with disount saves me from having to do that crap each month.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    Nexus 5
    NEXUS 5
    Samsung Note III
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    and the opposing view:

I LOVE auto-refill. Don't have to worry about remembering to pay both mine and my wife's cell phone bills. I get a discount on my monthly bill. It's great.

Yes, you have to CALL if you want to cancel auto-refill. It should be something you can take care of on the website. I'm not saying Straight Talk is a well-run company. But I like the auto-refill option especially since I signed up both my accounts (wife's too) when they were offering a perpetual discount for using auto-refill. I heard they started that discount again, but don't know if it's still going now.

Auto-refill saves me time and money.

And please no rants about jumping through hoops with an Oregon mail address to save taxes, blah, blah, blah. Auto-refill with disount saves me from having to do that crap each month.
    Could not agree more

+1

Feedback Score

Re: auto-refill disenrollment & cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Got out of that damn auto refill awhile back. They catch you when you sign up, gotta call CS if you want out, no place on their web allows you opt out. Here comes the caveat, ya and but, gotta remember when time to refill. I think the 90 days card from WM is sufficient.
    Actually there is a way out without having to go through the CS dept. I have already closed out one phone this month doing it and will close out a second phone in Jan the same way. It is very simple.
    In order to get on to the auto enrolment plan you had to give them a credit card number or debit card number, right?
    All you have to do is go in to your payment settings and change the expiration date for your card.
    Just say your card expires 04-13, just change that date to say....12-12. This way it looks like your card just expired.
    In the next billing cycle their system will see your payment method has expired and it will kick you out of the auto payment process. You are then back to monthly cards from WalMart or on to a new provider.
    I did this not because I am unhappy with ST but because I have over 6000 min on a tracfone and bills that need to be paid. Turning the ST phones off for a few months till the 6000 min are used, and then I will reactivate one of my phones.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AndroidFoneFan, that's an excellent procedure. Thank you very much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score

I kind of hated to do the enrollment thing but I have straight talk at home and our Walmart does not have any cards for this. So far the STAH has worked well let's see how they top up. It is only 15 a month and the card I have is a little prepaid I keep a low balance on.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    AndroidFoneFan, that's an excellent procedure. Thank you very much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums
    Your welcome. I sat looking my acct over for a very long time trying to find a way to remove my payment method or cancel the auto payment. Could not find one. So I thought if I can't remove my valid payment method why not make the payment method invalid.
    I changed the expiration date on my acct and when my acct tried to reup on 12-21-12 it had invalid card information on record and removed me from auto renew and turned the phone off just like I figured it would.
    Got the idea from when my card expired at Amazon. Had to put in the new expiration date to be able to buy again. I figured if it workes one way to buy it would work the other way to keep it from buying.

Feedback Score

My bad, should have sent that as a PM
    Last edited by AndroidFoneFan; 12-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    The home service is 15.00 a month right? I don't have the service so I am asking and wonder if there is a way to use a 45.00 card on the acct and get 3 months service. After all 3 times 15 is 45. Seems like it might be possible. Reserve should be reserve. If anyone knows if this can be done please post.
    This is not the topic of this thread. Back on topic??

Feedback Score

Removed post.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Update.
    My second phone went in for monthly renewal and because I had changed the expiration date on my card info, just like with the first phone it kicked it out of the auto payment system.
    I noticed this on both phones, once it kicked me out of the auto payment process it added one work week ( or 5 days) of service to my acct, so...
    I got 5 weeks for 45.00 on each phone. This phone will now expire 1-11-13 instead of 1-6-13 like it was supposed to.
    They are making it hard to start using my Tracfone min by giving me free time lol.