Thread: Moving to Sprint

Carrier(s)
    ATT&T
    Feedback Score

Moving to Sprint

I think today I will be moving to Sprint and getting 3 Iphone5. Im sick and tired of ATT&T.

So I understand you can't use data and voice at the same time, but I have a couple of questions of actual operations of the phone.

Ok, so I'm in my car using my iphone 5 on sprint with tomtom on a 80 mile trip. My phone rings and I take the call, what happends to my directions? would I then lose real time directions.

I guess my question prior to that is, if you are using data, will the phone ring if you get a call?

Are there any issues I should be aware of now, before I drop the cash and lock my family in to sprint?.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Tom Tom does have offline cache ability but have never tried that specific app.
    If using iOS maps, it does cache the map data so you would still have directions.
    Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...or-a-wide-area

Yes, the phone is supposed to ring while using data which then kills your data stream while on the call. I have had varying results while streaming music and missing calls.

Use your 14 day trial before porting your numbers over and fully canceling your At&t service. I never recommend anybody making the full plunge into another carrier without using the trial period.
    iPhone 7+ (Qualcomm) Georgetown, TX ........................... Spectrum 300/20, $94.99/month

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary599 View Post

Ok, so I'm in my car using my iphone 5 on sprint with tomtom on a 80 mile trip. My phone rings and I take the call, what happends to my directions? would I then lose real time directions.

Are there any issues I should be aware of now, before I drop the cash and lock my family in to sprint?.
    When I am using Telenav, Google Navigation or streaming radio the app usually resumes when I finish the call. I don't know about TomTom.

The issues may be that your not going to get the data speeds you are used to on AT&T just yet. It's being upgraded now but when it will be done is anyone's guess.

Have you checked the coverage maps to make sure it's OK?

Feedback Score
    I think going to sprint is the wrong move in the first place (I'm just being honest). I had sprint for about a year and a half and from my personal experience, their cellphone reception and data speeds are crappy. The companies name is SPRINT but ironically their data is as slow as a snail lmao!!!

I LOVE WISKEY AND WEED!!!!!