Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cost of micro sim?

Phone
    nokia 8890
    Carriers
    simpro
    Feedback Score

cost of micro sim?

how much does wind charge for micro sim?

any ways to get it for free?

Carrier
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    go to corporate store and get it for free

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Couldn't resist, 2cf has posted the answer already

Feedback Score
    The official price for this is $25. Even corporate stores charge it (from personal experience) even if activating a line, although some customer may have more luck. This isn't a one-time thing either. Whenever I have gone for myself or friends, the Wind-owned corporate locations, on numerous occaions, have always charged $25 for a sim card if the customer didn't purchase a phone at the time of activation. With respect to sim cards, the only thing I've noticed about corporate locations is their willingness to offer free sim swaps without any pushback at all.

Carrier
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    The official price for this is $25. Even corporate stores charge it (from personal experience) even if activating a line, although some customer may have more luck. This isn't a one-time thing either. Whenever I have gone for myself or friends, the Wind-owned corporate locations, on numerous occaions, have always charged $25 for a sim card if the customer didn't purchase a phone at the time of activation. With respect to sim cards, the only thing I've noticed about corporate locations is their willingness to offer free sim swaps without any pushback at all.
    your wrong.. the day I got my N4, I went right away to the wind store and they gave it to me for free..
    $49.50 Standard Plan
    Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
    Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
    5 GB of Data, Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Circle Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Call

64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One - Rooted - Paranoid Android

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K2SilverCivicS View Post
    your wrong.. the day I got my N4, I went right away to the wind store and they gave it to me for free..
    You got lucky. I went to confirmed corporate locations and was charged $25. As I said, it wasn't a one time thing either. I have gone with others and have also been a Wind customer a number of times, usually leaving due to coverage issues but then coming back in the hope that they improved or because of a promotion. It was $25 each and every time. Go to the Wind warranty centre corporate location on Lake Shore in Etobicoke. They will not budge on that fee. Wind corporate location on The Queensway (now closed) also would not budge on that fee when they were still around.

The price is coded into the cash register system at corporate locations at a price of $25 when they scan the UPC. So as for going to a corproate location, you might get it for free, or you might not. It really depends on the store and the employee. But then again, the same could be said about dealer locations as well. They may charge you the $25 or they may give the sim for free if they really want the activation. It's completely YMMV.

As I was saying before, the corporate locations do seem to be more willing to do free sim swaps, based on my experiences, for almost any reason. But free sim cards at time of activation (customer's own phone) haven't been what I've been seeing.
    Last edited by computergeek541; 12-28-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Phone
    Nokia 808, E73
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    Whenever I have gone for myself or friends, the Wind-owned corporate locations, on numerous occaions, have always charged $25 for a sim card if the customer didn't purchase a phone at the time of activation.
    That seems to be the industry norm, free with a phone, charge otherwise.

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: cost of micro sim?

As advised, go to a corporate store and the will give you the Sim for free. They even printed out a receipt for Sim exchange, with the price of $0.00 on it :what::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

Re: cost of micro sim?

The Pickering town centre corporate store does not charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you swap a mini SIM to micro SIM, it is free. If you bring your own phone to activate a new line, the SIM, mini or micro will be $25, but Wind give you a $50 credit.

I would just print a template and cut the mini SIM to micro, save the trouble of lining up at the Wind store.

Carrier
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    so nw what is the final conclusion?
    free or 10 bucks or 20 bucks or 25 mighty bucks for the tiny piece of plastic with some lectrical circuit in it.

Feedback Score
    is free, if you are exiting Wind customer, only charge $25 for new phone line, with own phone.

Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Carrier
    WIND Mobile, Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately not all corporate locations are equal. Yesterday I had to witness a corporate location trying to charge to replace an old sim even though it's supposed to be provided for free as apart of the European Roaming Addon. Needless to say, after pointing it out on their own website (http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/european-roaming.aspx) we started getting attitude and left the store and reported it to WIND Head Office and had it swapped at the Queen St location without any incident.
    Last edited by dcorreia; 12-28-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo.

Carrier
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

cost of micro sim?

I switched my regular sim to micro sim at wind corporate store to use on my nexus 7, and they charged me $20 plus tax.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeiphone View Post
    I switched my regular sim to micro sim at wind corporate store to use on my nexus 7, and they charged me $20 plus tax.
    That is exactly what I did! The SIM that came with the E583C was full size. The new one can be converted back and forth between micro and full size, although too many uses and the adapter will wear out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast