Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phones That Can Be Used With Safelink?

Feedback Score

Phones That Can Be Used With Safelink?

Have a nontech friend that is not happy with his Safelink LG320G phone.

I thought it would be easy to switch his SIM card to another TracFone but found out this is not correct.
    "TRACFONE SIM Reject? How Make Work?" howardforums.com/showthread.php/1786599-TRACFONE-SIM-Reject-How-Make-Work

He would be interested to find out

1. if the new phone needs to be a TracFone, Net10, Straight Talk, or Safelink
    phone or if can come from another network (unlocked)?

2. what other phones have been successfully used with Safelink.

Thanks

Kenith

Feedback Score
    Was told after posting the only other phones Safelink standard CS offered was LG220G or LG325G (both are not that new).

Decided to check the Safelink website ...safelinkwireless.com/Safelink/ While they show LG, Motorola, and Samsung phones I could not find any info concerning specific models.

Kenith

Feedback Score
    If his free phone was a Tracfone, he has to replace it with another Tracfone. Any Tracfone will do. That is where his state has the contract. He can't use a Net10, Straight Talk, or fill-in-the-blank handset because the minutes are specific to the Tracfone company. You can't use Tracfone minutes except on a Tracfone handset and vice versa.

Many people have transferred their service to better handsets. Just pick something out and go for it. Can even be CDMA.

Tracfone, Safelink, Net10, and Straight Talk may have the same parent, but they are different animals.

Feedback Score
    Decided to check the Consumer Reports Smart Phones Ratings Jan 2013, the "Samsung Focus 2" seemed quite good for it modest price of $50 on AT&T so checked the reviews and at least the phones are getting better.
    ...reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-focus-2-pure/4505-6452_7-35283394.html

Kenith

Feedback Score
    Remember, this phone can't be used on Safelink or Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Lisme,

"If his free phone was a Tracfone, he has to replace it with another Tracfone. Any Tracfone will do."

Sorry to confuse you. The old Tracfone was mine but the contract has long expired.

My friend's Safelink phone is a LG320G (nothing on it has Tracfone like my Motorola W376G).

Kenith

Feedback Score
    Lisme,

(Samsung Focus 2)..."Remember, this phone can't be used on Safelink or Tracfone." At least it gives an idea where things are headed.

Am wondering if best for my friend to call the higher CS to check if offer any other phones?

To be honest neither of us know how to play this game!

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Kenith

Feedback Score
    Does his phone say Net10 when it starts up? If it is a Net10 handset, it needs to be replaced with another Net10 handset. And not just any Net10 handset. Some of them do not allow individual minutes. They are monthly unlimited only. This includes the bring-your-own-phone program.

Feedback Score
    You heard the lady. Tracfones only. Mod , can we close this ?

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KenithO View Post
    I thought it would be easy to switch his SIM card to another TracFone but found out this is not correct.
    No SIM switching.
    But if he calls CS they can transfer his number/account/etc to another TracFone (even you old Motorola but he will have to wait for a new SIM card to arrive)

Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score
    All,
    Does anyone know for certainty that CDMA phones can be used? I seem to recall reading somewhere tthe opposite. If true I think the LG 220C is a great choice-for talk and text. No camera or MMS but its sturdy, great battery life and easy to use. when i was going thru Trac & Net10 phones this model was the only one my kids liked as a spare phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    All, Does anyone know for certainty that CDMA phones can be used? I seem to recall reading somewhere the opposite. If true I think the LG 220C is a great choice-for talk and text.
    Yes, CDMA phones can be used. Safelink is available in Verizon-only areas so CDMA has to be available on Safelink.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nedaword1 View Post

Sorry, but the above post is incorrect. You CAN use a StraightTalk or Net10 or Tracfone with Safelink. It has to be a SIMS phone and you will need to call Safelink with the phone information and they will send you a SIMS card for the phone. I know this because I helped a person do this. These no contract phones are all under the same corporation. Do your research people. Tracfone is an affiliate of StraightTalk and Net 10.
    No you are wrong and the others are correct. I have SafeLink. And I had Net10 I called and tried to switch my service over to my Net10 Slider Phone and could NOT. I was told the same as above. ONLY TRACFONES CAN BE USED, ANY TRACFONE BUT IT MUST BE A TRACFONE NOT NET10 OR ANYTHING ELSE. They even have an option now when you call to do it through the automated service you do not need to talk to someone. And it will not accept Net10 Seriel Numbers... if you did it how were you able to bypass this?
    Last edited by Endeavor; 02-19-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    STOP INSULTING PEOPLE

ATTN:

annepani
    weiden1

Personal attacks and insults are not permitted here. Posting such messages violates Howard Forums rules.

I have deleted the messages that you posted containing insults.

In the future, if you see a post that you disagree with, feel free to respond to the substance of the message. Please do not include personal attacks or insults in future messages.

If you see a message that you feels violates the rules, report it and move on. Do not respond to it. Do not post a message telling others what they can and cannot post. You don't have that right. Only I do.

Thank you to everyone who did not respond to the insults.

Moderator decisions are NOT open to public debate, so please do not respond publicly to this message. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please send me a PM.

Repeated violation of the Howard Forums Rules (particularly after you receive this warning) may lead to temporary or permanent bans from Howard Forums.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score

Lg 800

Quote Originally Posted by KenithO View Post

"TRACFONE SIM Reject? How Make Work?" howardforums.com/showthread.php/1786599-TRACFONE-SIM-Reject-How-Make-Work

He would be interested to find out

1. if the new phone needs to be a TracFone, Net10, Straight Talk, or Safelink
    phone or if can come from another network (unlocked)?

2. what other phones have been successfully used with Safelink.

Thanks

Kenith
    The LG800 will work with safelink. You cannot use a phone using android if you are a safelink user.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast