Thread: Tracfone LG 840G test message

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Tracfone LG 840G test message

I have yet to figure out where in the settings to change the "From" info. Currently it displays the phone number of who sent the text, but I want it to show the name of the sender. The names are in the contact list, why won't they show up in the text??

Anyone else have this issue or know how to change it?

Thanks

Feedback Score

LG840G text message

Quote Originally Posted by Tmark View Post
    I have yet to figure out where in the settings to change the "From" info. Currently it displays the phone number of who sent the text, but I want it to show the name of the sender. The names are in the contact list, why won't they show up in the text??

Anyone else have this issue or know how to change it?

Thanks
    I am having the same problem and have found out the only way to get the contact name to show up is when setting up the contact there can not be a last name and the first name can only be 10 characters. That's the only solution I've found so far.

Feedback Score

LG840G won't show name of person sending text until AFTER you open it

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksa View Post
    I am having the same problem and have found out the only way to get the contact name to show up is when setting up the contact there can not be a last name and the first name can only be 10 characters. That's the only solution I've found so far.
    When I get a text this phone shows a picture of an envelope with "1 new email" but it show no other info until I open the message and am charged for the message.

I only have first names in the address and I did put a number 1 in before the number, but I'm not concerned with spam messages, I just want to see WHO the message is from BEFORE I push 'open' or 'ignore'.

Is there any way to to find out who the message is from BEFORE you open it? I want it to display the name instead of the picture of the exploding envelope.

Feedback Score
    When I get a text this phone shows a picture of an envelope with "1 new email" but it show no other info until I open the message and am charged for the message.

I only have first names in the address and I did put a number 1 in before the number, but I'm not concerned with spam messages, I just want to see WHO the message is from BEFORE I push 'open' or 'ignore'.

Is there any way to to find out who the message is from BEFORE you open it? I want it to display the name instead of the picture of the exploding envelope.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky1 View Post

No, TracFone has their phones designed to hide the sender info until you open the message and are charged for it. Others have mentioned this as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 4G LTE
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    ETA: Confused the phone model you're talking about with another one; advice I gave doesn't apply. Sorry!

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by stessT; 04-03-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Self-professed gadget geek.

Have used iOS, WP, Android, BB10 on Black Wireless, T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Red Pocket, Brightspot, GoPhone, Tracfone, and PTel over the last year.
    Currently experimenting with a Blu Studio 5.0 C HD using Lyca/Red Pocket dual sims. THIS just might work out for service for ~$12/mo!!

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Feedback Score
    Im wondering the same thing. Incoming text messages have a animated picture of an envelope and a message saying "1 New Message", no other info given.

Also, incoming calls list a phone number of the person calling, but not their name. I obviously don't memorize the phone numbers of everyone I know. Is there a way to get the persons name to appear when they call instead?

Mahalo