Thread: LG840G and Ford Sync

Feedback Score

LG840G and Ford Sync

Has anyone gotten the LG840G Tracfone to work with Ford Sync? I have seen a few posts in various forums on the web listing others with this problem, but no solutions yet. The phone is recognized by Sync but does not appear to connect. I called Ford Sync Support and they had no information on it. Sync Support suggested a "reverse pairing". Instead of the phone searching for Sync you have Sync search for your phone during paring. It did not help. The phone appears to pair and Sync indicates "LG840G Saved". After that it appear to lock up.
    I previously had a LG600G Tracfone that worked flawlessly with Sync.

Feedback Score

I just got an LG840G and I too cannot get it to pair.

Quote Originally Posted by cpq100 View Post
    Has anyone gotten the LG840G Tracfone to work with Ford Sync? I have seen a few posts in various forums on the web listing others with this problem, but no solutions yet. The phone is recognized by Sync but does not appear to connect. I called Ford Sync Support and they had no information on it. Sync Support suggested a "reverse pairing". Instead of the phone searching for Sync you have Sync search for your phone during paring. It did not help. The phone appears to pair and Sync indicates "LG840G Saved". After that it appear to lock up.
    I previously had a LG600G Tracfone that worked flawlessly with Sync.
    I cannot get my lg840 paired either. I had an LG 500 and it paired fine. Did you ever get a solution to this. It is so frustrating. I figured if the 500 paired all newer phones would certainly work.

Feedback Score
    No solutions yet...

I have seen this problem posted in the Ford Sync Community Forum and several other places. All of the postings were recent. Hopefully someone will figure it out.