Thread: Att Samsung Galaxy S3 - How to know if this is block ?

Feedback Score

Att Samsung Galaxy S3 - How to know if this is block ?

I am buying an Att samsung Galaxy S3 how do i check the IMEI is not blocked by ATT ?

Is there a website can check if the phone is locked ?

can i unlock it to use it on other GSM carrier ?

Thanks

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    In cases, like these I would meet the seller at an AT&T corp store so they can verify that the IMEI is good.
    Have the retail sales associate/manager make notations on the account so others can see that the device was good at the time they checked it.
    I'm not sure if it will help when the seller calls customer service at a later date to claim they lost or it was stolen.

Unlocking won't do any good once all wireless carriers start using a central database.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    The easiest way to find out if the phone is unlocked is to insert someone else's sim card in it from a different carrier. Generally you can borrow someone's to test if it will work. If it works like it should it is unlocked. If it says restricted or contact service provider then it is locked.

You can dial *#06# to get the IMEI number. Generally that will say if it will work on another carrier.

Manny

Feedback Score
    Thanks i will get it unlock and try my friend t-Mobile sim card see if it works.

I will see if i can try my friends att sim card to see if that works to after i unlock it

thanks i thought once the phone is unlock i can use it with any GSM carrier ?

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Yes...as long as it is unlocked you can use it with any carrier that provides a SIM card.

That is what I did. I use to be on ATT then I broke my contract to go with T-Mobile's partnered MVNO Solavei. It was a very easy transition.

While T-Mobile is still going through the re-farming stages and hasn't upgraded throughout St. Louis I still get EDGE in some spots and 4G in others because it is an ATT phone. That is something else you might want to think about if those are options for you when it comes to your phone and who the carrier will be.

Manny

Phone
    GN3|S4|One|iPhone5S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachManny View Post
    Yes...as long as it is unlocked you can use it with any carrier that provides a SIM card.

That is what I did. I use to be on ATT then I broke my contract to go with T-Mobile's partnered MVNO Solavei. It was a very easy transition.

While T-Mobile is still going through the re-farming stages and hasn't upgraded throughout St. Louis I still get EDGE in some spots and 4G in others because it is an ATT phone. That is something else you might want to think about if those are options for you when it comes to your phone and who the carrier will be.

Manny
    Why would anyone go to Solavei when StraightTalk offers a significantly larger HSPA+ network that doesn't have the coverage of Swiss cheese?
    T-Mobile™: The carrier with the the worst reliability, data performance, call performance and text performance nationwide! -RootMetrics™ Go Uncarrier!!

Phone History (from 2011): Galaxy Note 3, GS4, HTC One, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, XPERIA Z, GNII (x3), Nexus 4, Optimus G, Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GSIII (x2), One X, Galaxy Nexus, Lumia 900, GSII Skyrocket, GSII