Thread: Unlocked Mobilicity phones

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Unlocked Mobilicity phones

Mobilicity does not unlock the phones they sell, except for very special circumstances at their discretion. Despite this, they have sold several phones which are already unlocked.

The Sony Ericsson TM506 is currently the only feature phone to be sold unlocked. It works on 3G AWS and 2G GSM networks, such as Wind Mobile and Rogers. It is no longer sold at Mobilicity, but a small number of Zellers stores did carry it during their liquidation sales.

Mobilicity sold more smartphones than feature phones over the years. This is likely why more smartphones were sold unlocked at Mobilicity:
    • Google Nexus One
    • Google Nexus S
    • Google Galaxy Nexus
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i

Of these, only the Galaxy Nexus is still being sold, and Mobilicity is currently clearing out its inventory.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Mobilicity does not unlock the phones they sell, except for very special circumstances at their discretion.
    Are you sure about that? It would appear that Mobilicity will provide the unlock code for your phone on request, provided that you're willing to pay their $40 "administrative fee".

http://mobilicity.ca/support/faqs/

I want to unlock my Mobilicity device. What do I do?

To unlock your device, call the Mobilicity Customer Care department from your Mobilicity device by dialling 611 or toll-free at (877) 866-2458 and they will provide you with your unlock code.
    How do I purchase my unlock code?

To purchase your unlock code, there is a one-time non-refundable $40 administrative fee for the code.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    Are you sure about that? It would appear that Mobilicity will provide the unlock code for your phone on request, provided that you're willing to pay their $40 "administrative fee".
    The policy has changed between my original post (December 30, 2012) and yours (July 24, 2014). Unfortunately, i cannot update my original post. It used to be much more difficult to obtain an unlock code.
    LABcrab
    Free TV! youtu.be/CnbicDLObNQ Also, helping out with TV Rogers shows!
    WIND: $10 Clever / $10 Surf A Little (switched) / $25 Province
    WINDows apps (for any carrier): BarlowGirlBrittany HargestZOEgirlsee more…
    SpeedTest: 19915748 (Wind) and 15864082 (Fido)!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LABcrab View Post
    The policy has changed between my original post (December 30, 2012) and yours (July 24, 2014). Unfortunately, i cannot update my original post. It used to be much more difficult to obtain an unlock code.
    Either way it's still BS given that we purchased our phones from them outright!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Use another unlock service then, it'll be far cheaper.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.