Thread: Tracfone LG 840 sync mobile calendar

Phone
    tracfone lg 840g
    Feedback Score

Question Tracfone LG 840 sync mobile calendar

I am trying to find a way to sync the lg 840g calendar with my desktop. From the desktop I have access to palm desktop, outlook and google calendar so anyone of them would be ok. I would even be willing to just create a file and transfer it to the phone periodically is that is the only option (and someone can tell me what format and where to put the file). Thanks...I just left ATT with a palm centro and joined tracfone with an lg 840g so lots of new stuff to learn.

Feedback Score

Re: Tracfone LG 840 sync mobile calendar

While I don't know how to sync your calendar I did want to welcome you to the forum and to Tracfones.
    If you are a low use phone person. Tracfone and services like it are the best way to do cell phones.
    Hope you find the answered you need.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    Just install Opera Mini on the phone, use the Opera browser on your desktop, create an account & sync that way. Opera does mail, calendars, etc.... & when you log in to the browser on the phone, it's all there. Everything will be centralized on the web (cloud computing) in the near future, we're just now starting to reap the fruits of the infrastructure we've all been building over the last three decades.... when you do install Opera, there will be this ugly navigation bar that appears & takes up half the screen... this is not from Opera's end entirely, but from the phone itself. Tracfone uses their own OS (Apple has iOS, Google developed Android, etc.) & it is JAVA based. Check out the review on Amazon for the LG840G by "webmania." He's a tech-head & gives you the Kung Fu to get rid of the bar. In one of the replies in his review you'll find a link for the Java-based version of Google Maps which works fine over the WiFi.....

Excelsior!

Phone
    tracfone lg 840g
    Feedback Score
    Ok. so I have opera mini installed on my feature phone (lg 840g) and I installed opera desktop but I do not see how/where to sync my calendar entries. Looks like they have a great extension for opera mobile but I can not install that on my phone since it is not android os. What am I missing? Does this integrate with the mobile standard calendar or do I have to access web/data to view my calendar?

--I do have just google calendar mobile working but the interface is terrible and I can only see a few days at a time. May just have to think about upgrading to android but love all the money I am saving by not.

Phone
    tracfone lg 840g
    Feedback Score
    I found an old copy of gcalsync (ver 130/1.3). This is working great. It interfaces with the existing lg 840g built in calendar. I have not tried updates from the phone to google calendar but just send periodic refreshes will be fine for now. Thanks!

*8I could not get the jad file edit to work for me though so I currently have the keypad at the bottom but not really an issue for this app.

Feedback Score
    vlhill, Thanks for the heads up about this app(gcalsync). I am using it, it downloaded my google calendar but I cannot get the "TimeZone" synced correctly. Times in the calendar are all 7 hrs ahead of mine. I am in the Mountain time zone. I have the app set to use "Google Calendar Time". The menu for the app says to adjust the time by"x" but it only allows GMT "+" not GMT"-". Any problems on your phone with the time zone?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hi:
    I recently bought this LG 840G for use with Tracfone, and this is the only thread I've found about transferring my calendar to it. I went to gcalsync.com, downloaded both the .jar and the zip files first onto my computer, extracted the zip files,and then transferred them onto my phone in the "Other files", and could not install it. With the signed version, I got "Authentication failed". With the unsigned one, it asked me to download gcalsync, and gave an "Invalid descriptor" message. I have never used .jar/.jad files, and am a total noob in the world of semi-smart phones. Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfolks View Post
    Hi:
    I recently bought this LG 840G for use with Tracfone, and this is the only thread I've found about transferring my calendar to it. I went to gcalsync.com, downloaded both the .jar and the zip files first onto my computer, extracted the zip files,and then transferred them onto my phone in the "Other files", and could not install it. With the signed version, I got "Authentication failed". With the unsigned one, it asked me to download gcalsync, and gave an "Invalid descriptor" message. I have never used .jar/.jad files, and am a total noob in the world of semi-smart phones. Any help would be appreciated.
    It's too bad you never got a response from your request. I am having the exact problem. I have wifi on, but the phone is not activated. Could that be the problem? Could it only work on activated phones? Have you found a solution yet?